Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Hi! Question to those who have already or previously landed in Canada. Do I need to include the accesories or clothes that I wear on that day on the BSF186 or B4 form? Thanks all.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
caine18 said:
Hi! Question to those who have already or previously landed in Canada. Do I need to include the accesories or clothes that I wear on that day on the BSF186 or B4 form? Thanks all.
That should be included in your forms...things like wedding rings and any other jewelry...they do not want like 1 pair of Levis's, 1 pair of wranglers...they want like 2 pairs of jeans kinda thing....but if your wearing lets say a R.Jewels Diamond Edition suit coat they are going to want details!!!

Reactions: Cbhav1

GoldenboyCA

May 12, 2016
Question regarding the form. Does it have to be completed on a pc or can you write everything on it by hand?
Also, if my wife is coming from India to Canada, under country of origin it would be INDIA and country of export would be CANADA correct?

thanks in advance

ch671

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
*IE:
B4 Goods line #1 - Kitchen supplies/ Bathroom supplies
Name/Quantity/Value/Serial Number
Can opener/1/10$
Coffee mugs/5/30$
Blistex/1/2$
Total Value = 42.00$

This the exact format that I used for my word document, where each page started out as B4 Goods line #1-8 - "title/topic" - followed by the break down of how my list will be read: Name/Quantity/Value/Serial Number; and at the bottom of the goods for that specific "title/topic" I made a Total Value for all of the goods listed.
Once you have all 8 attachments made up you will need to go back and put the values in on the B4 form. This is where totaling each "title/topic" of goods comes into play. You will then tally up all 8 "title/topic" for a grand total of value.
You will notice that there is not total value box on the B4 form, simply print out the form after you have either typed/written the required information and make your own box beneath all of the values and write out your grand total for ALL of your goods value.
B4 and B4A forms:
The B4 form is the initial form that is provided to declare all your goods coming across the border. Above I explained about making an attachment of your "title/topic" goods - originally if you needed more room to declare all of your goods, you had to acquire a B4A form. Using the categorized "title/topic" for lines 1-8 avoids all of that.
a) For the Name field, write your name.
b) For the Importer's Address, write the Canadian Address you will reside.
c) For the Country of Export, write your Home Country's Name.
d) For the Goods to Follow BOX [below the list rows], "Tick" it.
e) At the bottom of the B4 form, "Tick" the Newcomer BOX.
Goods to follow:
Goods to follow is just stating that you are going to declare items for a later time to enter Canada. All you have to do for this is create another B4 form and repeat the process above.
Tips:
It is always best to be prepared when you make contact with the border.
1. For jewelry, I was very thorough and printed off pictures of each piece of jewelry with the description of the item. For pieces that have serious value, I would suggest having them appraised for value. Costume jewelry is still to be documented by the border as an FYI.
2. Be very specific with your attachments for you 1-8 "title/topic" lines, as it is going to pay off when the agent sees how put together you are with all of your goods.
*IE:
B4 Goods line #6 - Jewelry
Name/Quantity/Value/Serial Number

Rings - 3 Total
Yellow ring with red & white stones/1/1,250$
Yellow ring (eagle)/1/450$
White class ring with white stones/1/750$

Necklaces - 10 Total
White necklace (circle shapes)/1/5$
etc...
3. Make a table of contents for you attachments - I even went as far as to label my boxes from 1-8 corresponding with lines 1-8 (which I also put on my table of contents as to where they can find the goods to locate).
4. Be sure to make TWO copies of the B4 forms and attachments supporting the B4 form (copy for the border and a copy for you).
5. DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING! Do not put your date of arriving in Canada. The border agent will fill in all of that and ask you to sign when it is appropriate.

Documents to have on hand for the border agent:

1. B4 forms/attachments (TWO copies)
2. Confirmation of permanent residence form
3. Travel insurance (3 months suggested as you will not be applicable for immediate medical coverage, and they will want to know you have medical coverage)
4. Vet records for animals crossing the border (up to date shots)
5. Passport

I hope that this was able to assist you in your finalization of becoming a PR of Canada! Congrats to everyone that is ending their journey and to those that are beginning, bookmark this page, as you could potentially use it for reference when you are in the final stage of this process.
So if I understand this correctly you need to do the following:
1) Goods on the day of landing: One B4 form + document listing all items (two copies). Here you did not tick "Goods to follow"?
2) Goods to follow: Another B4 form + document listing all items (two copies). Here you ticked "Goods to follow"?

tahminaml

Oct 19, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront 11.02.17
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2017
LANDED..........
03-03-2018
Do we need to list medicines in bsf 186 form?

kalgi101

Oct 5, 2018
Hi All,

We are planning to go to Canada next weekend. I need a help to prepare Goods lists.

Here is our scenarios - We are planning to drive from US to Canada in our car. We are planning to stay for only 1 day. (planning to start driving on Saturday and coming back on Sunday). We are planning to move to canada after 6 months.

What information that I have to fill out in bsf186 form? I know I have mentioned everything in bsf186a form.

In bsf186- do I have to mention cloths, phone, baby stroller etc? (We are planning to go back to US)

Thanks in advance!