+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

B2 US Visa Refusal | Effect on Canadian Study Permit

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
Hey Guys
In 2013 I applied for a US tourist visa, however I got a refusal.

My intentions were to visit the country, meet the relatives and be back to my home country India.
But the VO thought I wouldn't go back after landing the american soil.

What possible reason for rejection can I mention while applying for a Canadian Study Permit.

They just gave me paper saying "You didn't qualify for a non immigrant visa under Section 214(b) of the US Immigration and Nationality Act Non US citizens travelling to US are presumed to be immigrants until they establish eligibility for a non immigrant visa'

ManaliK

Aug 6, 2020
I have a similar doubt with a similar situation. Please help me if you got your answers, somehow.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hey Guys
In 2013 I applied for a US tourist visa, however I got a refusal.

My intentions were to visit the country, meet the relatives and be back to my home country India.
But the VO thought I wouldn't go back after landing the american soil.

What possible reason for rejection can I mention while applying for a Canadian Study Permit.

They just gave me paper saying "You didn't qualify for a non immigrant visa under Section 214(b) of the US Immigration and Nationality Act Non US citizens travelling to US are presumed to be immigrants until they establish eligibility for a non immigrant visa'
There is still a chance that you’ll get study permit, the only thing you must do is to mention your refusal on application for TRV(or the study permit one if I remember correctly). You will need to explain that you got a refusal for B1/B2 visa, if you won’t then they might learn about it and it definitely not going to end well for your case

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
Please do mention it. They will obviously already have it in their records but if you fail to mention it may count as a minor case of misrep. because in the first form you have to select yes or no to the Q --- have you ever been refused a visa previously