+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

awaiting visa from canadian embassy manila

teannajoan

Aug 3, 2009
hi,

I am a filipina now married to a canadian. My PR application has been in processed since September 24, 2009. I was still single then till we got married September 3, 2010 of which the embassy was fully informed of the change in status. After a year and 4 mos since they started processing my application, am still waiting for my visa! :(

After the wedding, embassy requested for our NSO marriage contract and Advisory of marriage of which we sent out promptly. We heard from embassy once more informing us of date of interview. At the conclusion of my interview at the manila canadian embassy last november 22,2010, the officer indicated that me and my son were to be approved for our Permanent Residence Visa as soon as the 're-medical' forms were recieved by their office as our first medical had exceeded the one year validity. They sent me the remedical forms last Dec 9 and on Dec 20, 2010 we submitted the 're-medical' forms as requested by the interview agent. Our remedicals generated same results as to our first medical exams, the dmd told me everything was fine. As of today, we have not recieved notice or instruction as to the Permanent Residence Visa.

What could be the problem? during the interview the officer already returned all documents submitted except our passports and nso marriage certificates, infact she herself said she will change my status to married on their database as we got married along the process of my application. I even raised a concern regarding my passport still being in my maiden name... she informed me i didnt need an updated one with my married name as it will only cause more wait. She said if i opt not to change my passport they can issue my visa and that of my son soon as my remedical is done. its close to a month now since my remedical was submitted and we havent heard from them.

If there is anyone who can relate to my case, please share your experience and your views here. thank you very much and happy new year!