+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting PR

satsharma

Jun 18, 2018
It's been 4 months since I have applied for Permanent Residency visa under the Federal skilled worker program. I have a CRS score of 478. I applied in the First week of Feb'18 and got my medical passed within 10 days. Please let me know why I am not getting my visa when in the previous year my 6 friends got their PR in 45 days. I am hell tensed. Please discuss if anyone is on the same boat.
Thanks,
Sat

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You can not compare either other people’s processing times or even processing times year on year as things change, quotas, volumes etc.. and every application is unique requiring an individual assessment.

As I am sure you have checked the processing time site you would have seen that shows an average time currently of 6 months so you will need to be patient. Have you checked your progress in your account?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
The key to using that page is that you are not applying for a Permanent Resident card, but for Economic class - Federal Skilled Worker - after January 2015

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I did not understand what you are trying to say...
Referring to the link Bs65 shared. Some people who applied for PR think they applied for a PR card and hence expect their application to be processed in 2 months, when in truth it is 6 months for an economic class PR application.

satsharma

Jun 18, 2018
Referring to the link Bs65 shared. Some people who applied for PR think they applied for a PR card and hence expect their application to be processed in 2 months, when in truth it is 6 months for an economic class PR application.
I am well aware of the difference between PR visa and PR card. I guess you did not read my question properly. My friends got PR VISA within 40 days, I did not talk about PR card.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I am well aware of the difference between PR visa and PR card. I guess you did not read my question properly. My friends got PR VISA within 40 days, I did not talk about PR card.
I’ve experienced on this forum a few people who thought that way, so good for you you understand that. The point still stands: the officially posted processing time is 6 months. Do not compare your case to your friends’. You’re still within the normal timeline. Start worrying when you go past 6 months.