+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting passports from Canadian consulate in New York

May 22, 2011
Hi Akinu - I am in a similar situation. I applied last week and I am legally bound to leave by Jun 21st. Dont know what else to do. Does the mail in applications processing speed differ if you did it on your own v/s an agency doing it (like CIBT).

akinu

May 22, 2011
Hello Ignatius,

Their website says walk-in applications are processed faster than mail-in applications. Though at this point I am not at all interested in a visa and just want my passport back.

Is it even possible to talk to someone at the Canadian Consulate if I go there?

May 22, 2011
Brightmind - When was your VISA stamped though? I have heard that eventhough they stamp the visa, they spend another 10 days to post it to you. Just trying to guess when I will recieve mine

brightmind96

Mar 9, 2011
I'm in Montreal/ Quebec now, I applied TRV to New York on April 9th cause I need to leave soon and come back
For those who waiting for their passports back:
-I sent my application together with my sister (2 passports in 1 envelope) on April 9th
-they received on april 11th
-mine was stamped on may 12th, my sister's on may 19th
-they sent them back on may 23rd
-i received both (in 1 envelope) on may 27th

afuaamoako

Jul 21, 2011
Hi everyone!

I have a similar situation as all of you. I really don't understand how the embassy can sit on people's passport for such a long time, especially foreign nationals like me!

I submitted my application on the 7th of June and have not heard from them since! Meanwhile, I am scheduled to leave the country in two weeks.

Does anyone out there have any form advice? I have sent several emails to the embassy but have not received any replies.

Dreaming_Calgary

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
afuaamoako said:
Hi everyone!

I have a similar situation as all of you. I really don't understand how the embassy can sit on people's passport for such a long time, especially foreign nationals like me!

I submitted my application on the 7th of June and have not heard from them since! Meanwhile, I am scheduled to leave the country in two weeks.

Does anyone out there have any form advice? I have sent several emails to the embassy but have not received any replies.

Hi i'm in the same boat....I also sent on Jun 7th and haven't heard anything.....I'm in a much desperate need of the visa due to my current situations?Did you get your passports back?

AfzalivE

May 1, 2010
They received my passport on May 31st. Got it back on 16th July with a renewed student visa.

Good for me :D

I dunno what y'all are complaining about, anything less than 2 months is fast.

Jul 26, 2011
I have applied for my parents TRV on June 3rd via express mail. No response back yet from the Canadian Consulate in NY. Now, my parents don't need this TRV anymore because their return flight is on August 2nd.

Very frustrating, no way to contact the Canadian Consulate (NYC) directly, no response, no way to track the status, no way to talk to anyone, no way to find out where their passports are!

My parents are old people. At this time they are super concern and anxious about their passports. Their entire trip is turning into an unpleasant experience by this TRV application process!

Need help now!

hs9581

Aug 3, 2011
Hello All,

I applied for Canada visitor visa at the NYC embassy. They received my package on July12th and since then I haven't heard back from them. The CIC website says it takes upto 30 days to process, but after reading some of the posts on this forum I am concerned that I may not get my visa/passport in time to visit Canada on Aug 28th. Looks like it is taking longer than 30 days to process?

Anyone who have applied recently and have got their passport back, please share your experience.

Thanks,

Aug 10, 2011
I applied for visitor visa in New York on july 5th (they received the application july 6 according to my tracking number from the post-office).
more then 30 days have past and I have not received my passport.
I wrote an email yesterday to newyork-im-enquiry and they say they can not find my information, that my passport was probably sent back to me and they do not keep tracking of their mail.
I'm wondering if my passport is lost? did they really send it to me? that answer is not reassuring.

hs9581

Aug 3, 2011
Staying Positive: did you use the web form to contact the embassy @ NY or an email? Can you provide the email id?

Thanks,

Aug 10, 2011
I wrote an email to newyork-imenquiry@international.gc.ca and they said they did not find my information in the system. That my passport was "probably" returned to me due to missing signature or something else and that they don't keep tracking number from the mails they send. But they are assuming that (probably). My question is where is my passport? Visa or not I need my passport!

mueid

Sep 20, 2011
It's been over 30 days now since I applied for a visit visa to the consulate in NYC. I had sent in the application by express mail. I need to attend a conference on the 3rd oct and my flight date is soon approaching. Frustrating that I didn't get my visa yet. Does anybody know whether it will be any help if I personally visit the consulate?