+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting passports from Canadian consulate in New York

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Guys , I got PPR couple days back and today I see a message in my CIC account , that I need to send my passport to Visa Application Centre – New York. Has anyone done this before? Can you tell me the process and what all documents to submit?

ca_hopeful

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Guys , I got PPR couple days back and today I see a message in my CIC account , that I need to send my passport to Visa Application Centre – New York. Has anyone done this before? Can you tell me the process and what all documents to submit?
Yes, we did the same. They would have sent you an email with all the details on the procedure. We followed it as it is. First we made a money order for the VAC fee for each applicant. The money order has to be sent to their lockbox address in Boston. The passports along with the email request, photocopy of money order, photographs, appendix with contact details, consent form sent to their VAC office in NY. Also need to attach a return shipping label for them to return your passports. Make sure you have all the tracking details. Once the VAC receives it, they send an acknowledgement with a tracking ID and you can track the application on their website.

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Yes, we did the same. They would have sent you an email with all the details on the procedure. We followed it as it is. First we made a money order for the VAC fee for each applicant. The money order has to be sent to their lockbox address in Boston. The passports along with the email request, photocopy of money order, photographs, appendix with contact details, consent form sent to their VAC office in NY. Also need to attach a return shipping label for them to return your passports. Make sure you have all the tracking details. Once the VAC receives it, they send an acknowledgement with a tracking ID and you can track the application on their website.
Thanks a lot , what all did you include in appendix with contact details?

cherry1198

Feb 15, 2024
Hello, please help.
I sent my passport for Visitor visa stamping on 6th Feb 2024 to VFS New York from Dallas, Texas. On the 12th Feb, I got an acknowledgment that VFS received my passport and same day sent it to IRCC and also received it at the IRCC office for stamping.
On the 13th Feb, I received an update that the package was dispatched from IRCC to VFS NYC. After that, there is no update. Scared that my passport got lost or not. what should I do and what delays does anyone else expect as of now?