+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting for my PR Result for more than 2 years, what shall I do

Ronny123

Oct 23, 2020
Hi there,

I loged my PR application in 2018, and in beginning of 2019, I had submitted my medical and Police Clearence, as requested. After that, my file was moved to Vancouver immigration from Ottawa to schedule my appointment for interview. I was sponsored by my wife for PR application as she is Canadian Permanent Resident, we have a 2 years old child aswell.
Meanehile, someone (a friend of my wife) working in our area's MP's office communicated to the immigration that my and mife's relationship isn't going well, which is not true.
My wife wrote to the immigration that she didn't concent her friend for any such thing to convey and said how important is it for us to have this PR in order to buy house and me to do studies. Nothing has changed except over two months ago, Vancouver Immigration asked me again for Medical and Police Clearence. We have submitted again upon their request, what's more annoying is if they were not going to give any result why did they wasted our money on Police Clearence and Medical.
Is there any way with what I can do appeal in immigration tribunal or something? Please help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,

I loged my PR application in 2018, and in beginning of 2019, I had submitted my medical and Police Clearence, as requested. After that, my file was moved to Vancouver immigration from Ottawa to schedule my appointment for interview. I was sponsored by my wife for PR application as she is Canadian Permanent Resident, we have a 2 years old child aswell.
Meanehile, someone (a friend of my wife) working in our area's MP's office communicated to the immigration that my and mife's relationship isn't going well, which is not true.
My wife wrote to the immigration that she didn't concent her friend for any such thing to convey and said how important is it for us to have this PR in order to buy house and me to do studies. Nothing has changed except over two months ago, Vancouver Immigration asked me again for Medical and Police Clearence. We have submitted again upon their request, what's more annoying is if they were not going to give any result why did they wasted our money on Police Clearence and Medical.
Is there any way with what I can do appeal in immigration tribunal or something? Please help.
Have you ordered your GCMS notes recently?

Reactions: Ronny123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks, I would apply for GCMS notes today.
It will take around a month for the notes to arrive. However this will give you more detailed information about the status of your application. If there is going to be an interview, it's very important you have your GCMS notes so that you know exactly what IRCC is concerned about and will likely ask you about in the interview. Good luck.

Ronny123

Oct 23, 2020
It will take around a month for the notes to arrive. However this will give you more detailed information about the status of your application. If there is going to be an interview, it's very important you have your GCMS notes so that you know exactly what IRCC is concerned about and will likely ask you about in the interview. Good luck.
Thanks, I would wait for my notes to arrive. I hope I get called for the interview.

Ronny123

Oct 23, 2020
Hi there

I received GCMS notes and it says that lady working at MP's office has called IRCC and asked to withdraw sponsorship in July 2019. I don't think I would get my PR by any chance from my wife. But I would like to have any decision made on my file. Could you please advise what shall I do?
Regards

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi there

I received GCMS notes and it says that lady working at MP's office has called IRCC and asked to withdraw sponsorship in July 2019. I don't think I would get my PR by any chance from my wife. But I would like to have any decision made on my file. Could you please advise what shall I do?
Regards
The key thing is not whether there is such a comment in the file (you knew this), but what comments there are AFTER that date, and particularly most recently - the period just before the request for the updated police clearance and after that. The more specific you can be in providing text here, the more chance it might make some sense to others. (Not all parts, just any that seem most relevant)

Note that various regional offices (in your case Vancouver) are working at different levels of activity - some seemingly not working or mostly shut, others more active. So it is possible that it is now moving in a positive direction despite the previous issue, just slowly. (My gut is that this may be the case as I doubt they would have asked for police clearance if there was some negative decision)

Now specific additional suggestion: is this woman still working in your MP's office? If not, I would suggest contacting MP's office by registered letter first (and then following up with email and phone calls) with two main points: 1) asking for assistance with your file as it has been in process for quite a long time, and 2) complaining about the woman working in his office who provided this information and suggested 'withdrawing application.' She had no right to do so and seems to have materially harmed the treatment of your file.

Note the point of complaining is not so much to retaliate against this woman (although in my books fine if they discipline her), but to put some responsibility on the MP's office to actually assist in your case. (Frankly it is the MP's professional responsibility since it was his/her staff)

(You should also - later in letter - provide a BRIEF statement/summary of what happened to best of your knowledge. You could also attach or show the relevant part of the GCMS notes, esp if it mentions her by name)

If the woman is still working in your MPs office, I'd still suggest basically the same approach, but you should think of a way to get the MP/MP's office involved in a way that bypasses this woman. That might mean physically going in and speaking to someone else (hopefully when she is not there); or perhaps go and see another MP's office (from same party) and ask for assistance and explain that you are not comfortable going to your own MP's office because this woman could interfere.

Hope this helps, a bit unusual situation, can't say for certain whether this will work of course.