+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Avoid travel to India after Citizenship Application?

verse-mealies

Sep 22, 2023
Hi all!

I plan to apply for my Citizenship during the last week of November with 1105 physical presence days. I have lived in Canada since turning 18 and have 4 trips to the USA in the last 5 years out of which, only one is after becoming a Permanent Resident. I have meticulously verified the dates with CBP and CBSA records.

I had already booked a flight to India for entirely of December but I have been contemplating cancelling the trip in light of recent events. I mostly want to avoid any delays and or issues with my application if the Canadian government reciprocates the actions of India.

My Indian passport expires in April. I don’t want to renew and would rather wait it out for my Canadian citizenship. I might also not have a month to spare to visit my aging parents until December of next year.

I know things might look vastly different in two months time and I shouldn’t lose sleep or cancel my trip just yet.

Curious to hear people’s opinions on this

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
Canada cannot deny PRs entry. So even in the extremely remote case the Canadian government reciprocates the actions, you are still clear.