FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
22-07-2018
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
31-01-2019
Boss its not about so many asians in ur class !! its abt low grade ppl, 40% marks holders and Desis with no intention to study !!! having such elements in ur class whats the fckin use of spending so much to study in such a college ??? u learn from ur classmates and here u have ppl who are complete jerks and morons !!! its all abt learning boss !!!!

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
soberdeepak said:
Humber College never gives admissions to genuine students, all students from Punjab with JUGAAD go to this college, avoid this college as Visa rejection is high !!!!
Veryy True, Society really matters. the crowd is really rubbish and such students are only running for eazy freaking ways to earn dollor and so often run in to trouble. Avoid this college and better go for GBC where you can actually get in touch with nice people who will help u build career.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
There is nothing wrong with that, but since you are applying for a study visa, you have to satisfy the officer that you will leave after your period of authorized stay. Period. You do that by supporting all documents requested and hope for the best. If you change your mind after you graduate, that's fine as long as you have legal status and do not break any laws.

hell911 said:
^
yes im targeting student visa then at the end PR. whats wrong, i dont get it. :eek:

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
hell911 said:
anyone confirm this.

is this the only problem? are there any problems after you join the college?
I can confirm this, i completed my course in 2009-2010 from GBC and had very big group from Sheridian, Centennial, GBC, Humber. The crowd from Humber is worst while all of us from GBC and Sheridian are placed with good jobs we feel sorry for our pendu gang of either migrating in Saskatchwen or in far sub towns making burgers or driving trucks.

No offence to anyone coz i my self is a "Pendu" but we came canada to realize dream of achieving career growth and not just earning money. I really regret the jobs we have done which in any sense bring no recognition to our hardwork or fame to family

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^
what about seneca college? are there many students who have the same case as you are saying in Humber college?

also, does all or most of the the indian students graduating from humber dont get good jobs, im going to study and get a great job, i have a 4 year degree backed up with me, and plus the 2 year course i will be taking in Humber college.

R

Star Member
Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hell911 said:
^
what about seneca college? are there many students who have the same case as you are saying in Humber college?

also, does all or most of the the indian students graduating from humber dont get good jobs, im going to study and get a great job, i have a 4 year degree backed up with me, and plus the 2 year course i will be taking in Humber college.
There is no logic in comparing Humber-Cenential_Seneca-George Brown-etc-etc. All are same. You will find a class full of Indians, coming from middle Indian class having no way to adjust in to Canadian society. Even personally I am following at least 5 Indian students on facebook and it does not surprise me when I see their posts/pics, I mean they are just wasting their time with no proper goals. For them Canada is just about few fellow Indians + PR. They send all their time with only Indians, clicking pics of Canadian women at downtown by cell phone and posting the same on FB.

For me they are lost, not because they are bad, they got too much in their life. Back in India they pass out from some college as a fresh graduate and one day they simply contact education agents, got into some school (just with the help of agents), got loan (with the help of parents) and landed in Canada (just by default) and they have no sense about the meaning of hardwork, discipline, character...they are only trying to be north american (I won't be surprised even if they use some white paint on their face to look like a Canadian). You do not want to come out of that Indian mentality. You look for Indians all the ways. You are looking for PR. You want to be a Canadian citizen, but not without leaving that Indian mentality. Do not you think that you should break your contacts with fellow Indians just for a time being and spend more and more time in learning and understanding the way life moves here. I am a very Indian by heart, but I have no shame in saying that we Indians are at least 1000 years behind these Canadians (not just in economy, but in behavior, manners, society etc).

For your course selection, I would strongly advise you to look at Trade courses (only if you are an average student with not so good communication skills). Job for trades courses are almost guaranteed. It's just waste of time to study courses like Pg diploma/certificate in business. I mean for these courses (and eventually in getting a job) you need a personality and a Canadian work experience. I am sure, if you guys are struggling to score even 7.0 in Ielts then you can imagine your level of communication in a Canadian accent. I am not trying to discourage anyone. It's very easy to have admission in Canada because it's a BILLION dollar industry for Federal Government. They need money to keep running their welfare soceity, and you are one of the important source of revenue. It may not be easy to secure visa on Trade courses, so I would suggest you to change your courses to Trade once you secured your visa. Trade people are paid very well. Even companies like Toyota/Ford are sponsoring courses like Automotive Technician and offering 100% placement for graduates. Most of these graduates work at company sponsored show room service centre.

For PR options, its JUST USELESS to look for Saskatchewan, because it's completely a rat race, I am sure it will close down very soon, I strongly advise you to look at NOC C and D level PNP options (except BC and Alberta, I am not sure which PNP's offering NOC C and D level PR). It's much easier to have NOC C and D level jobs (YOu forget about NOC O, A and B level jobs) Thousand and thousand of people are fighting for these jobs, some are really world class professional (Like H1B visa holders from USA).

Reactions: DaWebWiz
H

HBK

R said:
There is no logic in comparing Humber-Cenential_Seneca-George Brown-etc-etc. All are same. You will find a class full of Indians, coming from middle Indian class having no way to adjust in to Canadian society. Even personally I am following at least 5 Indian students on facebook and it does not surprise me when I see their posts/pics, I mean they are just wasting their time with no proper goals. For them Canada is just about few fellow Indians + PR. They send all their time with only Indians, clicking pics of Canadian women at downtown by cell phone and posting the same on FB.

For me they are lost, not because they are bad, they got too much in their life. Back in India they pass out from some college as a fresh graduate and one day they simply contact education agents, got into some school (just with the help of agents), got loan (with the help of parents) and landed in Canada (just by default) and they have no sense about the meaning of hardwork, discipline, character...they are only trying to be north american (I won't be surprised even if they use some white paint on their face to look like a Canadian). You do not want to come out of that Indian mentality. You look for Indians all the ways. You are looking for PR. You want to be a Canadian citizen, but not without leaving that Indian mentality. Do not you think that you should break your contacts with fellow Indians just for a time being and spend more and more time in learning and understanding the way life moves here. I am a very Indian by heart, but I have no shame in saying that we Indians are at least 1000 years behind these Canadians (not just in economy, but in behavior, manners, society etc).

For your course selection, I would strongly advise you to look at Trade courses (only if you are an average student with not so good communication skills). Job for trades courses are almost guaranteed. It's just waste of time to study courses like Pg diploma/certificate in business. I mean for these courses (and eventually in getting a job) you need a personality and a Canadian work experience. I am sure, if you guys are struggling to score even 7.0 in Ielts then you can imagine your level of communication in a Canadian accent. I am not trying to discourage anyone. It's very easy to have admission in Canada because it's a BILLION dollar industry for Federal Government. They need money to keep running their welfare soceity, and you are one of the important source of revenue. It may not be easy to secure visa on Trade courses, so I would suggest you to change your courses to Trade once you secured your visa. Trade people are paid very well. Even companies like Toyota/Ford are sponsoring courses like Automotive Technician and offering 100% placement for graduates. Most of these graduates work at company sponsored show room service centre.

For PR options, its JUST USELESS to look for Saskatchewan, because it's completely a rat race, I am sure it will close down very soon, I strongly advise you to look at NOC C and D level PNP options (except BC and Alberta, I am not sure which PNP's offering NOC C and D level PR). It's much easier to have NOC C and D level jobs (YOu forget about NOC O, A and B level jobs) Thousand and thousand of people are fighting for these jobs, some are really world class professional (Like H1B visa holders from USA).
RIGHT......
Really i likes to read your posts.
whatever you told is totaly true...

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
Except for George Brown College, colleges like Humber and Seneca fall into the same category. The only thing that makes GBC stand out is its affiliation to Ryerson University and good industry ties. Where as Humber ( affiliated to University of Guelph) and Seneca are also good and popular. Infact Humber has certain courses like ECAS, which are not available in other universities.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i already have 4 year Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, now i have applied for 2 year course in Seneca and Humber College.

these are the courses i applied for..
Seneca: 1st. Electronics Engineering Technician - Computers
2nd. Computer Networking and Technical Support
Humber: Computer and Network Support Technician

what do you think, are my courses great for finding a better job in canada? or should i apply in other college?

R

Star Member
Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hell911 said:
i already have 4 year Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, now i have applied for 2 year course in Seneca and Humber College.

these are the courses i applied for..
Seneca: 1st. Electronics Engineering Technician - Computers
2nd. Computer Networking and Technical Support
Humber: Computer and Network Support Technician

what do you think, are my courses great for finding a better job in canada? or should i apply in other college?
Your 4 year Bachelor degree is of NO USE in Canada except as a toilet paper. NO one here care about any educational degree outside Canada. And you are asking reviews of Humber college. Why don't you go and ask the same question to your agent whom your father is paying thousands of Indian rupees. What happen? You do not trust your agent's words.

R

Star Member
Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hell911 said:
^
so what do you suggest, i should continue my 2 year diploma course?
You mean simple diploma or Pg diploma after a 4 year degree?

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^
can you comment on both, what will be the good and bad of "PG" and "not-PG"

neeraj1985

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Band 8
soberdeepak said:
Humber College never gives admissions to genuine students, all students from Punjab with JUGAAD go to this college, avoid this college as Visa rejection is high !!!!

When I read your comments there are few things that came to my mind:

(i) You've not mentioned what the reason behind this thought of yours.

(ii) Is your comment based on your experience of getting your own VISA rejected due to some reason (not being rude here at all but very neutral) and then the end result being you are not sure as to what exactly the reason was ?

Given all this and your post about Humber, I have to say something..... is it any different here in India..for that matter in Australia or the community colleges in other countries like UK, NZ etc.

You can take the example of IIPM, in New Delhi, a business school with tie ups with the leading business schools from USA, Australia, UK...despite that you can hear people talking s**t about it...but I have friends from that school and are earning a minimum of Rs 90,000.00 per month while there are others are getting Rs 20,000.00 per month.

So, the point I am trying to make here is that it doesn't matter who is sitting next to you in class. What matters is what you understood out of what was taught and how you applied it when you're out of college.

About all the Indians being there,....I would say if you thought of the same courses when you started applying you shouldn't crib about it...because people who applied and are there never did.

Decide what you want in life and work on it and not who stands next to you when you're doing anything or achieve what you want...!!!

Lastly, Humber is genuine college and pretty much recognized from each and every required authority in Canada.