Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
dineshonnet said:
I was also rejected for VISA for a study program in HUMBER COLLEGE. There is no logic behind this but yes mostly punjabis are being rejected for HUMBER. I had everything geniune including loan.
You had everything genuine but you forget it is not you who have problem, it is HUMBER which has bad reputation. I dont know why when there are cases and complaints published against Humber people from punjab are madly following Humber.

I will suggest you to apply for George Brown, Ryerson, Centennial, Mohwak. and see the difference.

I dont even feel like to reply to people who still ask me questions regarding Humber. We are here for three years and have seen students spoiling their career and facing distresses situation, and also people who have no intention to study but just to land here and go to factories or truck driving.

dineshonnet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
So please suggest me is Centennial ia good option.
Jitu1011 said:
You had everything genuine but you forget it is not you who have problem, it is HUMBER which has bad reputation. I dont know why when there are cases and complaints published against Humber people from punjab are madly following Humber.

I will suggest you to apply for George Brown, Ryerson, Centennial, Mohwak. and see the difference.

I dont even feel like to reply to people who still ask me questions regarding Humber. We are here for three years and have seen students spoiling their career and facing distresses situation, and also people who have no intention to study but just to land here and go to factories or truck driving.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is there even a single good college in toronto, now we see Humber have bad reputation.

few days ago, there was someone who was spamming that Centennial is a bad college.

What's coming next?

dineshonnet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
hell911 said:
is there even a single good college in toronto, now we see Humber have bad reputation.

few days ago, there was someone who was spamming that Centennial is a bad college.

What's coming next?
There are many factors which tell us that college is good or bad, we are saying it from VISA point of view.
Once we enter canada we can change the college and course according to our requirements.
At thsi point i personally need to stress on evErything that effects the VISA.

Vipul.Varinder

Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jitu1011 said:

dude no centennial.. much worse than any other college on MOther Earth!!!!!! stop wasting time and money in centennial.

dineshonnet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Vipul.Varinder said:
dude no centennial.. much worse than any other college on MOther Earth!!!!!! stop wasting time and money in centennial.
thankx..
can u please tell me some demerits , i mean negative points of cennetenial college.

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
hell911 said:

What's coming next?
Hell911 you are either not understanding reviews properly, there is only one college in Toronto which is totally bad i.e HUMBER, all other colleges are having some kind of shortfalls and that is also mentioned in reveiws by students because they like to crtisize. I dont feel any problem in George Brown, Seneca, Centennial and Mohwak.Id students are capable they will surely benefit after grad but those who are totally pendu cant succeed because tere intention is just to land and earn dollors by illegal work.

And over this forum it is being discussed why students are getting VISA refusal and fot them I am making it very clear if you apply for study visa at Humber chances are very high for visa refusal.

Vipul.Varinder

Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jitu1011 said:
Hell911 you are either not understanding reviews properly, there is only one college in Toronto which is totally bad i.e HUMBER, all other colleges are having some kind of shortfalls and that is also mentioned in reveiws by students because they like to crtisize. I dont feel any problem in George Brown, Seneca, Centennial and Mohwak.Id students are capable they will surely benefit after grad but those who are totally pendu cant succeed because tere intention is just to land and earn dollors by illegal work.

And over this forum it is being discussed why students are getting VISA refusal and fot them I am making it very clear if you apply for study visa at Humber chances are very high for visa refusal.

dude let me breif sme thing abt centennial
it is college full of south indians srilankans and also in worst area of GTA Scarborough(agree)...
it is place where unemployement is around 37%.
college has highest fees in all other college known to me senaca, humber etc.
Humber is far better than centennial...
u knw they have affilation to humber uni for business courses..
bt centennial for god sake, it is lowest ratio of canadian born students..
trust me the moment u take admission in this college, ur life in hell is jst started and will never end , never( i mean it)

try to go to alberta or manitoba., (my request to new Students).. please
about centennial(they do not charge any fees for offerletter) u knw wht i mean
about centennial they offer 60% of fees of frst semester to agents,(meant that) check internet u will see..
about centennial around every teacher is indian and unefficent like home crowd( u can be sure abt this fact)
last bt no least, it is in Scarborough....(stigma on canadian soil)

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
Vipul.Varinder said:
dude let me breif sme thing abt centennial
it is college full of south indians srilankans and also in worst area of GTA Scarborough(agree)...
it is place where unemployement is around 37%.
college has highest fees in all other college known to me senaca, humber etc.
Humber is far better than centennial...
u knw they have affilation to humber uni for business courses..
bt centennial for god sake, it is lowest ratio of canadian born students..
trust me the moment u take admission in this college, ur life in hell is jst started and will never end , never( i mean it)

try to go to alberta or manitoba., (my request to new Students).. please
about centennial(they do not charge any fees for offerletter) u knw wht i mean
about centennial they offer 60% of fees of frst semester to agents,(meant that) check internet u will see..
about centennial around every teacher is indian and unefficent like home crowd( u can be sure abt this fact)
last bt no least, it is in Scarborough....(stigma on canadian soil)

Thanks Vipul for sharing this important information
I came across few students who completed their engineering in Punjab and then completed Project Management course. but they never mentioned this to me.
I agree to your advise about scarborough city and yes those students who dont have nice work experience or strong academic standing shoul directly look at colleges in Alberta and Manitoba.

NeedleArtist

Star Member
Oct 9, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no direct interest in any of the colleges and programs mentioned in this thread but felt I had to jump in and interject. In hopes that the observations of an interested third party [me] can help to clear up some misconceptions I offer up the following ...

There seems to be a great deal of confusion by many of the posters in this thread. Many of the individuals posting here seem to have no clear concept of the processes involved in applying to Canadian colleges and universities and then applying for a Study Permit. More specifically, many posters seem to think that what are actually two completely separate and distinct procedures are one process that is completed "all at once". The most frequent example of this obvious misconception seems to be the "Humber College rejects Study Permit/Visa requests too frequently" argument often mentioned here in this thread. I myself have gone through the process (I'm currently a student at Langara College in Vancouver), so the following is based on first-hand experience.

There are SEVERAL SEPARATE and DISTINCT STEPS involved:

(Step #1A) Selecting and Applying to Schools. This step involves finding schools that offer the courses/programs that interest you. Once you have narrowed down the list of schools that meet your criteria, you can then apply to one or more of those schools for admission to the prograzm of study that interests you. Some prospective students apply to only one school, while some students apply to multiple schools. In any case, once applications have been sent off to the school(s), the applicant can sit back and wait for a bit ... the next step is up to the school.

(Step #1B) The Admissions Approval Process When a school(s) receive your application(s), it/they must make a determination as to whether or not you meet their criteria/prerequisites for admission as a student. This decision-making process can vary from school to school. Some might place more importance on previous academic performance while others might weight an applicant's language skills more heavily. It all depends on the school. What is important to note, though, is that the decision to approve or disapprove an applicant is based solely on the applicant's qualifications. This means that other factors, such as proof of funds, ties to hoke country, etc. are not taken into consideration at all. These items are, of course, important as well, but they only come into play later on. Most important here is that schools themselves don't care about nor consider these non-academic variables at all when making their admissions decision. Once the school(s) have made their decision, they will notify the applicant that he/she has either been a) accepted for admission, or b) does not meet the school's requirements at this time. If accepted, the applicant is sent a letter of provisional acceptance. The letter includes an offer to attend (subject to the payment of a deposit of some sort) and includes information on what further steps the applicant must now take to continue.

(Step #1C) Accepting a School's Offer of Admission. Now the ball is back in the applicant's court. Upon receipt of a school's offer of admission, the applicant must now decide whether they want to accept the offer. If he/she has applied to and received offers from several schools, then he/she must first decide which admissions offer to accept. In any case it is now up to the prospective student to formally accept the school's offer and remit any required deposits/payments. Once this has been accomplished, the school will send the applicant the all-important "second letter". This letter states that the student has been accepted into a program of study and specifies the dates the program begins and ends. The letter also includes a statement to the effect that the student has paid any required initial deposits & fees. This letter must be safeguarded as it is the primary document required when applyimng for a Study Permit and Visa (if required).

(Step #2) Apply for Study Permit/Visa. At this point, the school is out of the picture completely. From here on out, it no longer plays any role in these next steps. It's job has been completed. The next step can vary dramatically from one applicant to another. Depending on the applicant's nationality and whether he/she is from a visa-exempt country or not, the process can take only a few minutes or be considerably more involved. Citizens of the U.S., for example, need only drive up to the nearest border point-of-entry and show the school's acceptance letter, a current bank statement (to show proof of funds), a valid passport and the Study Permit application fee. No visa is required due to the fact that U.S. citizens are exempt from this requirement. If the student has a spouse and/or dependent children that will be accompanying him/her, their extended Temporary Residency Permits, Spousal Open Work Permit and Study Permit (for the kids) can also be issued on the spot as well. When I went through the process two years ago, it took less than 20 minutes for me and my accompanying spouse to receive all needed permits and drive away.

For others, the most important thing to remember now is that the decision on whether or not to apporve and issuer Study Permit is entirely up to CIC, NOT THE SCHOOL! At this point, the applicant should approach the process strictly from a CIC standpoint. Academic qualifications no longer matter. CIC only cares about the following criteria in determining whether or not to approve requests:

1) Does Applicant have enough money? This includes funds for tuition, fees and books as well as living expenses.
2) Does Applicant's chosen course of study make sense? Are the courses/program available in his/her hom,e country as well or only in Canada? Is the program related to the Applicant's previous studies or profession?
3) Does Applicant have a "dodgy" travel history? Have they previously been deported from or overstayed in Canada or other countries? Do they have a history of "breaking the rules"?
4) Is the Applicant healthy? (Medical sometimes required)
5) Most importsant of all ... will the applicant leave if they can no longer remain in Canada legally. This is where the all-important "significant ties to home country" determination comes into play. Notice that I did not say "... leave Canada after completing studies ..." but rather "... when they can no longer remain in Canada legally ..." as the difference is profound. The bottom line is that CIC wants to have assurances that should an applicant no longer have a legal way of remaining in Canada (be it on a Study Permit, a subsequent Post-Graduate Work Permit, or as many of those here aspire to, as applicants for PR via CEC or some other route), does he/she have enough of a reason to actually return to the home country?

The people working at CIC who make the approval/dispproval determinations aren't stupid. They know full well that many Study Permit applicants harbour the ultimate goal of remaining in Canada permanently. They just want to be sure that if/when the time comes that an applicant's dreams cannot be realized, the applicant will leave of his/her own accord. If you can successfully convince CIC that you'll follow the rules (by the strength of your applicatilon), then you'll be rewarded with an approved Study Permit.

I sincerely hope that all of you who are genuine in your aspirations for a Study Permit are successful in your endeavors. Just don't blame Humber College (or any other school) if you don't receive one ... the decision was not theirs to make. If you have to "blame" anyone, blame CIC. Better yet, put together an awesome and completely unambiguous Study Permit Application packet, and you won't have to blame anyone at all!

Reactions: DaWebWiz

peep

Dec 16, 2011
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chc chandigarh
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
05-04-2018
Med's Request
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
11-04-2018
Interview........
not required
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
informative post u deserve +1

H

HBK

NeedleArtist said:
I have no direct interest in any of the colleges and programs mentioned in this thread but felt I had to jump in and interject. In hopes that the observations of an interested third party [me] can help to clear up some misconceptions I offer up the following ...

There seems to be a great deal of confusion by many of the posters in this thread. Many of the individuals posting here seem to have no clear concept of the processes involved in applying to Canadian colleges and universities and then applying for a Study Permit. More specifically, many posters seem to think that what are actually two completely separate and distinct procedures are one process that is completed "all at once". The most frequent example of this obvious misconception seems to be the "Humber College rejects Study Permit/Visa requests too frequently" argument often mentioned here in this thread. I myself have gone through the process (I'm currently a student at Langara College in Vancouver), so the following is based on first-hand experience.

There are SEVERAL SEPARATE and DISTINCT STEPS involved:

(Step #1A) Selecting and Applying to Schools. This step involves finding schools that offer the courses/programs that interest you. Once you have narrowed down the list of schools that meet your criteria, you can then apply to one or more of those schools for admission to the prograzm of study that interests you. Some prospective students apply to only one school, while some students apply to multiple schools. In any case, once applications have been sent off to the school(s), the applicant can sit back and wait for a bit ... the next step is up to the school.

(Step #1B) The Admissions Approval Process When a school(s) receive your application(s), it/they must make a determination as to whether or not you meet their criteria/prerequisites for admission as a student. This decision-making process can vary from school to school. Some might place more importance on previous academic performance while others might weight an applicant's language skills more heavily. It all depends on the school. What is important to note, though, is that the decision to approve or disapprove an applicant is based solely on the applicant's qualifications. This means that other factors, such as proof of funds, ties to hoke country, etc. are not taken into consideration at all. These items are, of course, important as well, but they only come into play later on. Most important here is that schools themselves don't care about nor consider these non-academic variables at all when making their admissions decision. Once the school(s) have made their decision, they will notify the applicant that he/she has either been a) accepted for admission, or b) does not meet the school's requirements at this time. If accepted, the applicant is sent a letter of provisional acceptance. The letter includes an offer to attend (subject to the payment of a deposit of some sort) and includes information on what further steps the applicant must now take to continue.

(Step #1C) Accepting a School's Offer of Admission. Now the ball is back in the applicant's court. Upon receipt of a school's offer of admission, the applicant must now decide whether they want to accept the offer. If he/she has applied to and received offers from several schools, then he/she must first decide which admissions offer to accept. In any case it is now up to the prospective student to formally accept the school's offer and remit any required deposits/payments. Once this has been accomplished, the school will send the applicant the all-important "second letter". This letter states that the student has been accepted into a program of study and specifies the dates the program begins and ends. The letter also includes a statement to the effect that the student has paid any required initial deposits & fees. This letter must be safeguarded as it is the primary document required when applyimng for a Study Permit and Visa (if required).

(Step #2) Apply for Study Permit/Visa. At this point, the school is out of the picture completely. From here on out, it no longer plays any role in these next steps. It's job has been completed. The next step can vary dramatically from one applicant to another. Depending on the applicant's nationality and whether he/she is from a visa-exempt country or not, the process can take only a few minutes or be considerably more involved. Citizens of the U.S., for example, need only drive up to the nearest border point-of-entry and show the school's acceptance letter, a current bank statement (to show proof of funds), a valid passport and the Study Permit application fee. No visa is required due to the fact that U.S. citizens are exempt from this requirement. If the student has a spouse and/or dependent children that will be accompanying him/her, their extended Temporary Residency Permits, Spousal Open Work Permit and Study Permit (for the kids) can also be issued on the spot as well. When I went through the process two years ago, it took less than 20 minutes for me and my accompanying spouse to receive all needed permits and drive away.

For others, the most important thing to remember now is that the decision on whether or not to apporve and issuer Study Permit is entirely up to CIC, NOT THE SCHOOL! At this point, the applicant should approach the process strictly from a CIC standpoint. Academic qualifications no longer matter. CIC only cares about the following criteria in determining whether or not to approve requests:

1) Does Applicant have enough money? This includes funds for tuition, fees and books as well as living expenses.
2) Does Applicant's chosen course of study make sense? Are the courses/program available in his/her hom,e country as well or only in Canada? Is the program related to the Applicant's previous studies or profession?
3) Does Applicant have a "dodgy" travel history? Have they previously been deported from or overstayed in Canada or other countries? Do they have a history of "breaking the rules"?
4) Is the Applicant healthy? (Medical sometimes required)
5) Most importsant of all ... will the applicant leave if they can no longer remain in Canada legally. This is where the all-important "significant ties to home country" determination comes into play. Notice that I did not say "... leave Canada after completing studies ..." but rather "... when they can no longer remain in Canada legally ..." as the difference is profound. The bottom line is that CIC wants to have assurances that should an applicant no longer have a legal way of remaining in Canada (be it on a Study Permit, a subsequent Post-Graduate Work Permit, or as many of those here aspire to, as applicants for PR via CEC or some other route), does he/she have enough of a reason to actually return to the home country?

The people working at CIC who make the approval/dispproval determinations aren't stupid. They know full well that many Study Permit applicants harbour the ultimate goal of remaining in Canada permanently. They just want to be sure that if/when the time comes that an applicant's dreams cannot be realized, the applicant will leave of his/her own accord. If you can successfully convince CIC that you'll follow the rules (by the strength of your applicatilon), then you'll be rewarded with an approved Study Permit.

I sincerely hope that all of you who are genuine in your aspirations for a Study Permit are successful in your endeavors. Just don't blame Humber College (or any other school) if you don't receive one ... the decision was not theirs to make. If you have to "blame" anyone, blame CIC. Better yet, put together an awesome and completely unambiguous Study Permit Application packet, and you won't have to blame anyone at all!
Great post i would say.....
Whatever you wrote is totally true......
even i believe it's your profile taht matters for visa not just college.

+1 to you.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Great post by NeedleArtist. I would add that you should prepare for an interview(just like you would when you apply for a job). Sometimes, visa officers ask questions on the same day you submit the application package. This was the case for me.