+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Avoid flag pole unless you have no other option

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Last week I did my landing on border via flag pole, with a horrible experience as I predicted.

I went with my Indian friend who also wanted to land as PR.
My Indian friend got his administrative refusal for flag pole in 2 minutes without any further questioning.
In my case, it took a few hours...
Although I had multiple trips with visa to U.S. before, they told me some nationalities have to go through deeper process. Taking photos, finger printing, and interrogation in interview room for hours!

US Border officers were very nice and polite, but I felt they treated me like a criminal, and constantly telling me “it is the flag pole routine and you are not in trouble”!
Applying for US visa in embassy always takes less than 2 minutes with maximum 3 questions....

I asked Officers about administrative refusal and they told me that “don't worry, it is not an actual entry refusal, however you should mention it in visa forms in the future and explain that it was flag pole to avoid any issue”!! (Now tell me again that I was wrong!)
At the end, they gave the same administrative refusal (flag pole) that they gave to my Indian friend.

In Canada side, they requested the proof of funds from my friend, but nothing from me. So make sure you take enough documents in case they needed something from you.

Conclusion:
US officers told me “if you had a visa, we could let you in, and you could come back a few hours later without going through this process”.
As I always recommended, avoid flag pole, unless you really have no other option or visa, like me. Go for a short vacation if you can.
My boss needed my PR immediately, so I had no other choice...

I wish you all a happy future.

MyPRApp

Jan 23, 2015
Nick666 said:
Last week I did my landing on border via flag pole, with a horrible experience as I predicted.

I went with my Indian friend who also wanted to land as PR.
My Indian friend got his administrative refusal for flag pole in 2 minutes without any further questioning.
In my case, it took a few hours...
Although I had multiple trips with visa to U.S. before, they told me some nationalities have to go through deeper process. Taking photos, finger printing, and interrogation in interview room for hours!

US Border officers were very nice and polite, but I felt they treated me like a criminal, and constantly telling me “it is the flag pole routine and you are not in trouble”!
Applying for US visa in embassy always takes less than 2 minutes with maximum 3 questions....

I asked Officers about administrative refusal and they told me that “don't worry, it is not an actual entry refusal, however you should mention it in visa forms in the future and explain that it was flag pole to avoid any issue”!! (Now tell me again that I was wrong!)
At the end, they gave the same administrative refusal (flag pole) that they gave to my Indian friend.

In Canada side, they requested the proof of funds from my friend, but nothing from me. So make sure you take enough documents in case they needed something from you.

Conclusion:
US officers told me “if you had a visa, we could let you in, and you could come back a few hours later without going through this process”.
As I always recommended, avoid flag pole, unless you really have no other option or visa, like me. Go for a short vacation if you can.
My boss needed my PR immediately, so I had no other choice...

I wish you all a happy future.
I did a flag pole at Coutts border and it was very smooth for me. Even they said the refusal record is for today's purpose only and you do not need to mention during applying for US visa about refusal. Even at Canada side they did not asked me anything about funds. They just asked me why I choose to come there in place of doing in my city. I answered the fact and he was okay for that.