+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

average processing/wait time to get citizenship test date GTA toronto applicants

moga_PB29

Jun 12, 2015
Brampton,Ontario
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
26 November 2014
Nomination.....
March 2015
AOR Received.
AOR 1: Feb 2015 , AOR 2: April 2015
Med's Request
May 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2014 and May 2016
Interview........
approved/waived
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
LANDED..........
August 2016
What is average processing time, wait period to get Citizenship test date (if all documents complete) if applied from Brampton/GTA area ? Can we change test location, if we change residence to another province (permanently move to another province during test date waiting) ?

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
I think its 12 months.

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
What is average processing time, wait period to get Citizenship test date (if all documents complete) if applied from Brampton/GTA area ? Can we change test location, if we change residence to another province (permanently move to another province during test date waiting) ?

Your processing office changes if you have a major location change such as moving from Toronto to Montreal. Your new processing office will be one of the Montreal offices depending on where you are at. But if you are moving within the GTA thats not necessarily going to change your processing office. Also note, you have no impact whatsoever on your choice of test location. The processing office decides that

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Your processing office changes if you have a major location change such as moving from Toronto to Montreal. Your new processing office will be one of the Montreal offices depending on where you are at. But if you are moving within the GTA thats not necessarily going to change your processing office. Also note, you have no impact whatsoever on your choice of test location. The processing office decides that
Hi, Do you think that this delay due to moving can be avoided by having the communication address that doesnt change(such as PO box address or friend's address)?
Referring your timeline at other thread:Was your application delayed because you moved and requested change of address with cic?

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Hi, Do you think that this delay due to moving can be avoided by having the communication address is same?
Referring your timeline at other thread:Was your application delayed because you moved and requested change of address with cic?

Hi, No I don't think so because I lived in Mississauga and then I moved to Milton. As far as I know they are being processed by Mississauga office. However when they changed my processing office to Scarborough, it was due to the work load. I knew that from the GCMS notes

Reactions: harirajmohan

moga_PB29

Jun 12, 2015
Brampton,Ontario
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
26 November 2014
Nomination.....
March 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Request
May 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2014 and May 2016
Interview........
approved/waived
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
LANDED..........
August 2016
Thanks for information. I will be moving few months after to Calgary Alberta (from Brampton) after filing application. So after my adress change (informing Cic ) my new processing centre will be Calgary and CIC Calgary will issue test date and new test location in Calgary (after address change).
One more question, in citizenship application asked to submit PCC from country visited outside Canada for more than 183 days, but in my case i have not left Canada after landing and had submitted fresh India PCC before coming to Canada as PR. So Do i still need to submit India Pcc. Many of my friends who already applied citizenship told do not need to submit Pcc from India because you already submitted India PCC before coming as Canada PR just before landing and you did not left Canada after landing as Canada PR. What do you suggest to me. Thanks and waiting for suggestion regarding India Pcc

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Thanks for information. I will be moving few months after to Calgary Alberta (from Brampton) after filing application. So after my adress change (informing Cic ) my new processing centre will be Calgary and CIC Calgary will issue test date and new test location in Calgary (after address change).
One more question, in citizenship application asked to submit PCC from country visited outside Canada for more than 183 days, but in my case i have not left Canada after landing and had submitted fresh India PCC before coming to Canada as PR. So Do i still need to submit India Pcc. Many of my friends who already applied citizenship told do not need to submit Pcc from India because you already submitted India PCC before coming as Canada PR just before landing and you did not left Canada after landing as Canada PR. What do you suggest to me. Thanks and waiting for suggestion regarding India Pcc

Absolutely I am glad to help.

To answer your question, if you haven't gotten out of Canada for more than 183 days in the past 4 years then you do NOT need to submit a PCC from India. However, this might be brought up again in the interview. so they might request it if they saw that you need it but I would say you are fine

moga_PB29

Jun 12, 2015
Brampton,Ontario
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
26 November 2014
Nomination.....
March 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Request
May 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2014 and May 2016
Interview........
approved/waived
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
LANDED..........
August 2016
Absolutely I am glad to help.

To answer your question, if you haven't gotten out of Canada for more than 183 days in the past 4 years then you do NOT need to submit a PCC from India. However, this might be brought up again in the interview. so they might request it if they saw that you need it but I would say you are fine
-
I came here as Canada PR on August 2016, and will be completing complete 3 years in August 2019, in-between visited USA for 6 days only, But before August 2016 I was in India, and if they ask last 4 years means time between August 2015 to August 2016 , I was in India before becoming PR. But I had submitted India PCC , 1-2 months before, just before landing here in Canada, and Still Do I need to Submit India PCC. All my friends who have applied Canada Citizenship, came direct here as PR from India, and had never travelled after becoming PR, all of them had not submited India PCC, and neither India PCC asked by CIC. please clarify.

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
-
I came here as Canada PR on August 2016, and will be completing complete 3 years in August 2019, in-between visited USA for 6 days only, But before August 2016 I was in India, and if they ask last 4 years means time between August 2015 to August 2016 , I was in India before becoming PR. But I had submitted India PCC , 1-2 months before, just before landing here in Canada, and Still Do I need to Submit India PCC. All my friends who have applied Canada Citizenship, came direct here as PR from India, and had never travelled after becoming PR, all of them had not submited India PCC, and neither India PCC asked by CIC. please clarify.

It seems that you are in a very similar situation as your friends so I would say no do NOT submit one but again as I mentioned before, do not be completely dazed and confused if for some reason IRCC agent ask for one. Just my thoughts