+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Automatic Visa Revalidation - risks

im2gaurav

Jun 16, 2018
"
If you got your CoPR, but haven’t landed
If we sent you a CoPR, but you haven’t been able to go to one of our offices in Canada to validate it, we’ll contact you to tell you what to do.

You should not travel to a port of entry to validate your CoPR. This is not considered essential travel and you won’t be able to validate it this way.

Due to COVID-19, we have a new process to confirm permanent resident status. We don’t need a CoPR for this new process if you applied from within Canada.
"

Was anybody contacted by the IRCC regarding above.

im2gaurav

Jun 16, 2018
So my understanding is people with COPR in usa are allowed to travel but

1. Should be having a complete 14 day plan with all the tickets and after that where to stay. Basically to settle only?
2. Can we fly back to usa after 14-15 days if we are coming for essential travel?
3. Is COPR validation is essential travel?
4. This measure are applied till july 21 till now.?

Please clarify.

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
So my understanding is people with COPR in usa are allowed to travel but

1. Should be having a complete 14 day plan with all the tickets and after that where to stay. Basically to settle only?
2. Can we fly back to usa after 14-15 days if we are coming for essential travel?
3. Is COPR validation is essential travel?
4. This measure are applied till july 21 till now.?

Please clarify.
Hi All,
I got the passport request letter. I live in US and my previous COPR expired in July. I didn't raise a webform for travel. I wasn't asked for any supporting documentation.

1. Anyone else in this situation?
2. Any idea what will be the new expiry?
3. For people in US, would you risk traveling on H1B now with auto revalidation? I don't have a valid visa.
4. Do we need to travel with family or can they arrive later?
5. I can't go permanently, planning to just come back in couple of weeks. Any thoughts?

Any help here is greatly appreciated!

thirdpage

Oct 17, 2019
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
27-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2020
Hi guys,

Please I need some clarification.

I have an expired F1 visa on an expired passport. I also have a renewed passport. I am currently on F1-Post completion OPT with a valid EAD card (I-766) and also have a valid i20.

1. Do I qualify for AVR?
2. If yes what documents do I need to take along when I am leaving the US? My guess is the expired passport, new passport, EAD card, and i20
3. Would I be needing the i-94 as well? If so would a printed i-94 on the website suffice? Or do I need to apply for one?

TIA.