- Mar 3, 2015
- Visa Office......
- Sydney, NS
- Job Offer........
- App. Filed.......
- Doc's Request.
- 30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
- SK 22-Apr-2015
- AOR Received.
- Med's Request
- Med's Done....
- Passport Req..
- 26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
- VISA ISSUED...
- PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
- PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Per rule, one should not have applied for visa and waiting for visa before entering for using avr. So cancelling or not cancelling doesnt have any effect if you are not attending the interview for applying for visa. Its up to you if you have enough time to cancel on thursday.Yeah, it is a long story. My interview is on Friday. I wanted to try entering US on Thursday. If they allow me I can ignore the interview.
But if I cancel it and they dont allow me, then I do not have interview opportunity. I already used the expedite interview option too.
So I want to be careful. So, are you sure cancelling should be fine for AVR?
Secondly, what happens if I go without cancelling and they deny entry? Will that have an impact on interview?
Yes entry denial on thursday will have effect. If your case is good then why would they deny, not for the interview scheduled.
People enter 10 different ds160 and some people could not attend interview for many reasons. These dont get considered as visa denied or visa applied.
Consulate guys dont take application for adjudication unless one shows up as US visa doesnt get issues without one applies personally(unless interview waived and mailing the docs). So i dont see an issue.
First you will have to make up your mind on your candidacy. Either you should decide to use avr or decide to attend interview. Having both doesnt makes sense unless you have a problem in your profile.
You should be using avr within 30 days as i am not sure when you arrived in Canada.