+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Automatic revalidation of visa USA

bullseye

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Hi all,

I have got my FSW Visa valid till Mar 11, 2016. As part of that, I am supposed to enter Canada before that date.
I had entered US on L1A Visa on Jul 2011 & my Visa was valid from May 31, 2011 till May 31, 2014.I had visited India
as part of vacation during Mar 2014 & while returning to US, the immigration officer had given me an I-94
valid till Mar 2017 at Port of entry JFK airport.So technically, I am in US with a valid I-94 but my visa
has expired.
I enquired about AVR which says that I can re-enter US from canada within 30 days on a valid I-94 &
expired Visa.
However, my company immigration team says that Automatic revalidation of visa is not applicable to blanket L-1. If I travel into Canada with my current I-94 (Visa, I-129S expired), then me
and my family need a valid visa and I-129S to re-enter the US.
How do I obtain valid visa and I-129s?
- I need to attend visa interview at the U.S consular post in Canada with new L-1A petition under Blanket L-1. Once approved, I can re-enter U.S.

Can anyone kindly throw some light on this as to whether you were in the same situation & what you did. A new Visa petition always has uncertainties.

Regards
bullseye

bullseye

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Can someone kindly advise on this

bullseye said:
Hi all,

I have got my FSW Visa valid till Mar 11, 2016. As part of that, I am supposed to enter Canada before that date.
I had entered US on L1A Visa on Jul 2011 & my Visa was valid from May 31, 2011 till May 31, 2014.I had visited India
as part of vacation during Mar 2014 & while returning to US, the immigration officer had given me an I-94
valid till Mar 2017 at Port of entry JFK airport.So technically, I am in US with a valid I-94 but my visa
has expired.
I enquired about AVR which says that I can re-enter US from canada within 30 days on a valid I-94 &
expired Visa.
However, my company immigration team says that Automatic revalidation of visa is not applicable to blanket L-1. If I travel into Canada with my current I-94 (Visa, I-129S expired), then me
and my family need a valid visa and I-129S to re-enter the US.
How do I obtain valid visa and I-129s?
- I need to attend visa interview at the U.S consular post in Canada with new L-1A petition under Blanket L-1. Once approved, I can re-enter U.S.

Can anyone kindly throw some light on this as to whether you were in the same situation & what you did. A new Visa petition always has uncertainties.

Regards
bullseye