+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Automatic partner notification for HIV

Arse2016

Jun 22, 2017
Urgent help!

Just want to be clear on CIC's "automatic partner notification" policy/Issue.
My PR application (family class) is on its final stages. PP sent & doing my re-medicals
My question on this policy is:
If i could tell the Visa/Immigration officer (during the interview for the policy, as cic's website states there will be an interview) that we both are HIV positive & we both know our status and can notify my partner right way for their convenience,
  1. How am going to notify my partner? (she knows though,will have to do it just only b/s CIC want me to do so)
  2. Will I have to wait the 60 days indicated for my application to resume processing even if i can disclose to my partner immediately? Am really confused & frustrated if i will have to wait months and months again, nothing is clearly put on CIC's website.
Thank you in advance for your feedback!

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
You notify your partner any way you like - speech, email, writing. It's not something you need to verify to IRCC. As you've already done it, you can do it again however you like. Surprise each other with virus-shaped cakes or something ;)

60 days after the interview, IRCC will write to your partner to formally inform them from their point of view. The idea is to give you and them time to come to terms with it all. You could always ask them to send it earlier in the interview, but if it's a policy that it may not be sent less than 60 days beforehand, they might make you wait. Sorry.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/surveillance/hiv.asp

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
I think if you did mention it in your application that both of you are aware, they might be able to skip the 60 day wait, it would also depend on the officer though but it doesnt hurt to ask during the interview.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I think if you did mention it in your application that both of you are aware, they might be able to skip the 60 day wait, it would also depend on the officer though but it doesnt hurt to ask during the interview.
Mentioning it in the app won't mean anything, as there is no way to be sure that the sponsor actually knows; the applicant could write something in the app without the sponsor's knowledge. Same goes for any kind of letter sent to the VO about it. There is no interview at this point; the VO informs the applicant that the 60 day notice period has started. I don't see any way that the 60 day period can be waived.

Reactions: KandyK

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Mentioning it in the app won't mean anything, as there is no way to be sure that the sponsor actually knows; the applicant could write something in the app without the sponsor's knowledge. Same goes for any kind of letter sent to the VO about it. There is no interview at this point; the VO informs the applicant that the 60 day notice period has started. I don't see any way that the 60 day period can be waived.
Okay true but it mattered because i knew someone in the same situation. Was a good officer so they continued with the application. Both the sponsor and applicant had to attend the interview and sign some forms. They then skipped the 60 day notification and the app continued to processing instantly. But this was inside Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Okay true but it mattered because i knew someone in the same situation. Was a good officer so they continued with the application. Both the sponsor and applicant had to attend the interview and sign some forms. They then skipped the 60 day notification and the app continued to processing instantly. But this was inside Canada.
It was fortunate that they were offered a way to come in person together to make the statement. That is the only situation I can see where it could be waived but I don't think that is possible for a lot of applicants.

Reactions: KandyK

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
It was fortunate that they were offered a way to come in person together to make the statement. That is the only situation I can see where it could be waived but I don't think that is possible for a lot of applicants.
Yeah so true!!

Hkinterview11

Jun 17, 2017
Thanks for the reply, I have sent my passport months ago, and they told me I have to wait for 60 days, do you think they will send my passport back once the 60 days period passed?