+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Autistic Family Wants To Flee Trump's America

May 12, 2018
My wife and I are high functioning autistics, her biggest problem is her executive functions and panic attacks, my biggest problem is my communication and understanding skills (my lack of ability to read people's body language for example) and a breakdown of executive functions when exposed to a high amount of people with traits of Cluster B personality disorders (Their actions do not compute and so without sufficient understanding along side the numerous curveballs they tend to throw, I feel trapped defenseless and helpless). Our only income is from SSI (Supplemental security income), I'd like to go to college for psychology in hopes of remedying my executive function deterioration trigger through increasing my understanding of people with Cluster B type personality disorders (They seem to be everywhere in the U.S. and psychological abuse is not something people seem to care about here). I wish to start a complex multifaceted non-profit organization that would help people improve themselves and eventually once stable work towards humanely finding a cure for cluster B personality disorders...... unfortunately I fear American society has too many people with cluster B personality disorders for this organization to have any chance over here.

What would we need to move over there?

What safety net systems are over there that we could rely on until we could find a way to contribute?

Is there any hope at all?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My wife and I are high functioning autistics, her biggest problem is her executive functions and panic attacks, my biggest problem is my communication and understanding skills (my lack of ability to read people's body language for example) and a breakdown of executive functions when exposed to a high amount of people with traits of Cluster B personality disorders (Their actions do not compute and so without sufficient understanding along side the numerous curveballs they tend to throw, I feel trapped defenseless and helpless). Our only income is from SSI (Supplemental security income), I'd like to go to college for psychology in hopes of remedying my executive function deterioration trigger through increasing my understanding of people with Cluster B type personality disorders (They seem to be everywhere in the U.S. and psychological abuse is not something people seem to care about here). I wish to start a complex multifaceted non-profit organization that would help people improve themselves and eventually once stable work towards humanely finding a cure for cluster B personality disorders...... unfortunately I fear American society has too many people with cluster B personality disorders for this organization to have any chance over here.

What safety net systems are over there that we could rely on until we could find a way to contribute?

Canada's economic immigration is geared towards people with skilled work experience and education. You also need quite a bit of savings and to be capable of supporting yourselves in Canada without welfare.

You can check the IRCC website but from what you've said, you will not qualify.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Agree with the above comment. Unfortunately Canada has no immigration program that fits your profile and immigrating at this time is most likely not realistic or feasible. Immigration programs are geared towards workers (typically skilled workers or trades). You'll need to show and prove recent job experience and also show that you have around $16,000 in savings to establish yourselves in Canada. Programs are also points based - so those with more work experience and higher education are selected first. If you don't have a college education, you can expect it will be a real struggle to qualify. If you still want to pursue immigration, then I would recommend you start by researching the Express Entry program:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

There were lots of posts a while back on US citizens wanting to escape Trump and the US, and immigrate to Canada. However the common answer is that it's not possible unless you have the necessary education/skilled work experience that Canada is looking for.

You may be the nicest person in the world, have great aspirations of what you would like to do in Canada, and the best intentions in general... but unfortunately none of that means anything. Immigrating to Canada is mainly a points based system where your education and work experienced are assessed, and only if you are better than other applicants will you get accepted to apply for PR and immigrate here.

The US is also considered a very "safe" country, so there is literally zero option to ever immigrate to Canada solely on the basis of fleeing the US.

If you want to immigrate to Canada, then you first need to get the necessary education/work experience that would qualify you. If you have the funds (I think around $20K at least) you could attempt to do this in Canada with a study permit, or you can do this while in the US.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Canada is not a paradise or something.
People here do function the same way than in USA (different types of profiles). They do require more or less the same thing, when working in a company. Hence you will always meet people that will confuse you as well.
However given of your skills you can choose an occupation that is much less dependant on people reaction and much more aligned according to your occupation. (for example certain types of analytics, accountants or such).

Just so you know, nobody will be inviting you actively to work in their company. Yes there are organisations helping newcomers (like how to write Canadian resume or what are the work expectation). They sometimes even have cooperation with companies for volunteer positions (in order to get some work experience). However at the end of the day, it is decision of the company if they want to hire you or not.
So yes you would have to compete on the job market same way you have to in USA. Mind you, that this job market is 10x smaller than the one you are in already.

Best advice is, to check which profession is best suited for you and then follow that one. Also considered moving for your employment within USA.

Plus all what you said, you can do that in USA as well (you can start your non profit organization or hit the education). All is just question of the money (either you have your own savings or you manage to secure an investor). And trust me, it will be the same in Canada as well.