+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authroization letter from IRCC

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
Hi everyone,
Can I please know the timeline of travel authorization letter these days? I've applied for the 2nd time since 8th Dec and haven't heard back from IRCC yet. I have a valid visitor visa and intend to visit my husband who is holding a PGWP.
I've also done an MP inquiry recenlty but no luck yet. Any help at this moment will be appreciated as I have to travel urgently. :(

Umswa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Hi everyone,
Can I please know the timeline of travel authorization letter these days? I've applied for the 2nd time since 8th Dec and haven't heard back from IRCC yet. I have a valid visitor visa and intend to visit my husband who is holding a PGWP.
I've also done an MP inquiry recenlty but no luck yet. Any help at this moment will be appreciated as I have to travel urgently. :(
Can you please guide how to reach out to MP? Did you sign the representative form to authorise your spouse to enquire? Please help
Even I’m in similar situation... my visa hasn’t been approved yet...
When is your spouse’s PGWP expiring?
I heard that MP reach out is supposed to help with the process...

Reactions: rose-sh10

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
Hi, so you just need to find an MP in the area where your spouse lives. The authorisation form will be provided by the MP office in your area which you will need to fill and submit and they will inquire on your case once you authorise them. You can email and follow up with them. Just ask your spouse to email the MP office.
My husband has his PGWP until July but he will apply for extension soon. I have a valid visitor visa but the letter is taking too long. :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Umswa

Umswa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Hi, so you just need to find an MP in the area where your spouse lives. The authorisation form will be provided by the MP office in your area which you will need to fill and submit and they will inquire on your case once you authorise them. You can email and follow up with them. Just ask your spouse to email the MP office.
My husband has his PGWP until July but he will apply for extension soon. I have a valid visitor visa but the letter is taking too long. :/
Thank you so much for clear explanation. I’ll ask my spouse to reach out to the MP.
The wait time is too long these days... they’re giving priority to student visas and work visas. Even I’ve been waiting for their reply... I mailed them twice and no reply so far.
hopefully we get some traction soon :)
Keep us posted if you hear anything

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
No worries :) good luck on your visa application! I will keep you updated if anything happens from my side.
One more thing, did you get a reply on your 1st authorisation email? Or did you just simultaneously send 2 emails to ircc for the authorisation letter?

Umswa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
No worries :) good luck on your visa application! I will keep you updated if anything happens from my side.
One more thing, did you get a reply on your 1st authorisation email? Or did you just simultaneously send 2 emails to ircc for the authorisation letter?
Thank you.
No I didn’t receive any reply for that as well. It’s been over a month since I first sent the email. (dec 23rd)

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
Thankyou for the info. But I heard that we should wait for the first response and then re apply again if they refuse? Correct me if i am wrong? In thinking of sending an email again to IRCC since they did not reply me since 8th Dec. Is that okay if i email them without waiting for the response?

Umswa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Thankyou for the info. But I heard that we should wait for the first response and then re apply again if they refuse? Correct me if i am wrong? In thinking of sending an email again to IRCC since they did not reply me since 8th Dec. Is that okay if i email them without waiting for the response?
That’s what the Website states as well... that sending too many mails will delay the process... with you being in an emergency travel situation for how long can you wait?
I’d say it’s okay to send 2... try raising a webform for your application if you’ve already tried other means like MP reach out and sending 2 mails

co2020

May 31, 2020
Here is an Update: I finally received a reply. I applied on January 1st. I applied so that my visa application would be expedited and to also get the authorization letter.

The Response- They couldn’t make a decision because a required step was missing in my visa application. They informed me that my application has been updated so I can complete the required step which is Medical’s. So I signed into my account and downloaded the request for medical form. I have completed the medicals and I am now resending another email for authorization.

Umswa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
That’s what the Website states as well... that sending too many mails will delay the process... with you being in an emergency travel situation for how long can you wait?
I’d say it’s okay to send 2... try raising a webform for your application if you’ve already tried other means like MP reach out and sending 2 mails
I have received reply today and they have rejected saying travel is non-discretionary.

Umswa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Here is an Update: I finally received a reply. I applied on January 1st. I applied so that my visa application would be expedited and to also get the authorization letter.

The Response- They couldn’t make a decision because a required step was missing in my visa application. They informed me that my application has been updated so I can complete the required step which is Medical’s. So I signed into my account and downloaded the request for medical form. I have completed the medicals and I am now resending another email for authorization.
Have you applied for a TRV or SOWP?
If TRV have you chosen over 6 months of stay or less than that?

co2020

May 31, 2020
I have received reply today and they have rejected saying travel is non-discretionary.
Sorry but you can request again. Mine was inconclusive.
Have you applied for a TRV or SOWP?
If TRV have you chosen over 6 months of stay or less than that?
I already have my SOWP, I just need a visa and authorization letter to return.
I applied for TrV but I am in my home country. In the email they said they have requested I do medicals cause I have stayed outside Canada for more than six months.

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
That's nice atleast they responded, in my case i did not hear anything since 8th Dec, I have a TRV so does it matter it I want to go there 6 months and less? Since they didn't specify it thats a requirement to get the authorization. It is just that you have to be an immediate family member and apply regardless of the duration of stay.

Reactions: co2020

Umswa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
I'm so sorry about that, you can request again with more details and it will be fine. I've known people getting it after 4 attempts.
I received reply for the first mail I had dropped on 23rd Dec yesterday stating although they can’t approve my travel they’ve put my file on hold until further travel restrictions are lifted.
I’m not sure if sending another email will help