+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization to return to Canada.

Marij

Jan 17, 2022
Still waiting for my ARC. Requested ATIP notes on May 20th but haven't received them yet.

Application OWP December 2020
Additional documents Requested Oct 2021 (sent next day)
ARC Requested November 2021
ARC sent few days later
Acknowledment of reception January 2022

I decided that if I do not receive a response by August I will be moving on with my life and forget about going to Canada, and my husband will come back to Mexico. I had enough with all this process, I find it so disrespectful for applicants.

Let you guys know IF any updates
Hi,
Dont loose hope, trust in God he is working on our behalf. We just need patience.
Keep us posted on your atip notes, please
I have been sending webforms all the month of May and I have not received any reply from them.

I think all this delay might be a good sign. If there is a problem or something wrong, they should have sent the rejection.
;)

Reactions: TimBit

P4L1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Still waiting for my ARC. Requested ATIP notes on May 20th but haven't received them yet.

Application OWP December 2020
Additional documents Requested Oct 2021 (sent next day)
ARC Requested November 2021
ARC sent few days later
Acknowledment of reception January 2022

I decided that if I do not receive a response by August I will be moving on with my life and forget about going to Canada, and my husband will come back to Mexico. I had enough with all this process, I find it so disrespectful for applicants.

Let you guys know IF any updates
Yes i don't understand what are they doing with the file for so long.. there is not that much paperwork to check.. i think they just want us people to forget about our files ☹

Reactions: TimBit

P4L1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Can anyone help with process of spousal with arc? Do they approve the spousal first and then ask for ARC ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

P4L1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Have you read through at least some of the pages here?

Here's one with a timeline:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/authorization-to-return-to-canada.40612/post-10046747

Because your question doesn't really make sense. Final approval of the spousal is impossible without the ARC. Therefore it happens during the process.
I was wondering if they gonna complete the eligibility first and send pre arrival services before asking for arc letter which this timeline cleared .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was wondering if they gonna complete the eligibility first and send pre arrival services before asking for arc letter which this timeline cleared .
I thought they requested in as part of the eligibility step. But I could be wrong about that.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Pre-arrival services practices (when/if they send) are not entirely consistent over time, so I wouldn't rely on that. Although it may conceptually be at aabout the right point in the process.

Reactions: TimBit and YVR123

Dichosa

Dec 19, 2019
Congratulations that's excellent news!!!

Let's pray for all of our applications to get a response soon. I assume immigration does not work on the applications on a first-come-first-served basis. My ARC application was submitted on december last year and honestly I am giving up already.

Knowing your application was responded makes me think they might started to work on ARC Applications already and gives me a bit of hope
Ours is for a Family Sponsorship Application from December 2019, Mexico City VO, ARC request letter was submitted in June 2020 with a TRV. Last we they asked us to resend... fingers crossed.

Reactions: Marij and TimBit

P4L1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Why
Ours is for a Family Sponsorship Application from December 2019, Mexico City VO, ARC request letter was submitted in June 2020 with a TRV. Last we they asked us to resend... fingers crossed.
Why they asked for the ARC twice ?

Dichosa

Dec 19, 2019
Why

Why they asked for the ARC twice ?
They said they could not open the letter due to formatting issues but, I submitted electronically in June 2020, via email in July 2020, re-sent when they lost it in August 2020. I think it got lost again, because it was originally submitted with a TRV application. I am just hoping that now that they are asking for it, it means it will be treated and things will start moving in a positive direction.

P4L1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
They said they could not open the letter due to formatting issues but, I submitted electronically in June 2020, via email in July 2020, re-sent when they lost it in August 2020. I think it got lost again, because it was originally submitted with a TRV application. I am just hoping that now that they are asking for it, it means it will be treated and things will start moving in a positive direction.
Yea hopefully you will hear something good soon. But thats just was waste of time for you as they lost it

P4L1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Got a reply from immigration minister’s office saying that my application is still in 23 month time and they cant expedite it unless we have any compelling reasons.