+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC)

shabab

Star Member
Jan 25, 2007
Hi PMM

I need some clarification regarding my immigration processing as you seems to be the most experience.

I was in Canada as a Refugee Claimant with my family and I had there from USA when my H1B visa was revoked. My refugee case was denied, appeal denied, PRRA rejected. Asked to leave Canada. Left in July, 2005 for USA (under "Departure Order becomes a Deportation Order" - Regulation A50).

Before leaving Canada, I had applied for Immigration to Canada under skilled category in April, 2005. I moved to New York and the file also moved to New York.

My timeline is as follows:

AOR - April 2005

Interview - March 2006 (asked to get FBI, RCMP fingerprint report)

Medicals started - May 06, 2006

FBI report submitted - August, 2006 (they already RCMP report)

Medicals completed - October, 2006 (because of my daughter's extra medicals as she is diabetic)

Police Clearance Request for Saudi Arabia - Dec, 2006 (didn't asked before)

Visited NY Consulate General enquiring about ARC - Dec, 2006 (lady advised me that she will let me know)

Visited NY Consulate General again enquiring about ARC - Jan, 2007 (again the same lady advised me that she will let me know)

Received fax stating ARC required for the whole family - Jan 2007 (for me, wife and 3 minor kids. Also stated need not to worry about Saudi Arabia police report. It also mentioned that my medical date are expiring on May 06, 2007)

Submitted ARC with US$1,800.00 - Jan, 2007 (This time, the Immigration Officer who interviewed me was there at the window. She informed me that Saudi Police clearance is still pending besides ROLF. I told her that I would deposit the ROLF within a week or so)

Now I am worried that ARC takes around 3 months time and it might be completed around the same date as that of the expiration date of my medicals.

Is this my fault ?

Sometimes they ask for a certain document and the next they say no and then again they ask for the same document.

They delayed giving me quick info about ARC, whether I have to submit or not. Not a single website states that under regulation A50, a person has to do ARC. It only states that under regulation A52 only a person has to submit ARC.

Could you please suggest what will happen in this scenario ?

Would they give me some leverage here with my medicals expiration or visa time or something that I may not know of.

Shabab

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shabab said:
Hi PMM

I need some clarification regarding my immigration processing as you seems to be the most experience.

I was in Canada as a Refugee Claimant with my family and I had there from USA when my H1B visa was revoked. My refugee case was denied, appeal denied, PRRA rejected. Asked to leave Canada. Left in July, 2005 for USA (under "Departure Order becomes a Deportation Order" - Regulation A50).

Before leaving Canada, I had applied for Immigration to Canada under skilled category in April, 2005. I moved to New York and the file also moved to New York.

My timeline is as follows:

AOR - April 2005

Interview - March 2006 (asked to get FBI, RCMP fingerprint report)

Medicals started - May 06, 2006

FBI report submitted - August, 2006 (they already RCMP report)

Medicals completed - October, 2006 (because of my daughter's extra medicals as she is diabetic)

Police Clearance Request for Saudi Arabia - Dec, 2006 (didn't asked before)

Visited NY Consulate General enquiring about ARC - Dec, 2006 (lady advised me that she will let me know)

Visited NY Consulate General again enquiring about ARC - Jan, 2007 (again the same lady advised me that she will let me know)

Received fax stating ARC required for the whole family - Jan 2007 (for me, wife and 3 minor kids. Also stated need not to worry about Saudi Arabia police report. It also mentioned that my medical date are expiring on May 06, 2007)

Submitted ARC with US$1,800.00 - Jan, 2007 (This time, the Immigration Officer who interviewed me was there at the window. She informed me that Saudi Police clearance is still pending besides ROLF. I told her that I would deposit the ROLF within a week or so)

Now I am worried that ARC takes around 3 months time and it might be completed around the same date as that of the expiration date of my medicals.

Is this my fault ?

Sometimes they ask for a certain document and the next they say no and then again they ask for the same document.

They delayed giving me quick info about ARC, whether I have to submit or not. Not a single website states that under regulation A50, a person has to do ARC. It only states that under regulation A52 only a person has to submit ARC.

Could you please suggest what will happen in this scenario ?

Would they give me some leverage here with my medicals expiration or visa time or something that I may not know of.

Shabab
1. The only hope is that as you are in the US CHC will extend the medicals 3/4 months to facilitate landing.

PMM

eria

Jan 22, 2007
PMM is right, They can allow 3 to 4 months relaxation in your medicals but you cannot claim that this delay is because of their lackness to provide you the correct information on time. It is their normal practise with every body LOL

licho

Jun 30, 2007
Hi!
My name is Diana, my husband and I applied for refuge on 1997 and after two years we recieved deportetion order, by land crossing the border whith U.S.A. we left Canada, and after 6.5 years living in U.S.A illigaly my husband has a job offer in Canada in a PIG Farm.
My questions are:
Can we go back to Canada after all this time?
What we should do?

coco

May 8, 2007
Shabab,
Please, post the outcome of your ARC application. I was once in Canada under similar circumstances & I left whilst my case was pending.

I failed to obtain a certificate of departure....and now I wish to return for business & pleasure. I'm a U.S permanent res. I've applied for FBI clearance & RCMP. I intend to submit my ARC application as soon as I get my FBI certificate.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

licho said:
Hi!
My name is Diana, my husband and I applied for refuge on 1997 and after two years we recieved deportetion order, by land crossing the border whith U.S.A. we left Canada, and after 6.5 years living in U.S.A illigaly my husband has a job offer in Canada in a PIG Farm.
My questions are:
Can we go back to Canada after all this time?
What we should do?
Not without authorization of the Minister. You cannot apply in the US if you were not admitted legally for 1 year, if you were deported from Canada, you would have to apply in your normal country of residence. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf11e.pdf It is unlikely that you would be give a work permit, as you claimed refugee status, which shows an intent to remain permanently, whereas a work permit is for a temporary purpose.

PMM

alexxtt

Aug 14, 2011
Good day everybody...I am Alex new guy deported from Canada.Toronto,my question is, have to apply for ARC does anybody knows exactly what are the documents I have to send to the Canadian embassy or some related web sites.!

thank you

alexxtt

Aug 14, 2011
Hi to all members!

have to make sure
about the processing fee,can I just order the money draft or certified check through the TD Bank or Royal Bank with the amount request while I'm on a different continent...

Thank You

mark dublin

Oct 1, 2011
i was living in canada and applied for refugee i got turned down for lack of evidence so i did a prra and go turn down too now i got back and 4 time ppl came to kill me i did 3 reports and got a doctor note now im waiting for my my sponsorship to come finish but this my take 6 months to one year i would no live that long could someone help me on what to do my wife is trying alot she goes to school full time and work full time now worrying if she will see me again or if i would i need help