+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization to re enter Canada

Loveto

Dec 25, 2019
Hello my name is lovet and I had been in Canada for almost four years as an asylum claimant .I was asked to leave Canada about three and half years ago when my claim was refused .Presently I have a job backed by LMIA and I am presently preparing to apply for a visa .I know I will need an ARC .what chances do I have in getting the work permit approved .I was

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

\
Hello my name is lovet and I had been in Canada for almost four years as an asylum claimant .I was asked to leave Canada about three and half years ago when my claim was refused .Presently I have a job backed by LMIA and I am presently preparing to apply for a visa .I know I will need an ARC .what chances do I have in getting the work permit approved .I was
1. Probably close to Nil. The failed refugee claim is clear indicator to CIC that is unlikely that you would leave Canada at it;s end.

Loveto

Dec 25, 2019
So even without any criminal offences ?Is it that all failed asylum seekers are treated as such even after their situations might have changed in life and they have a genuine intention now to enter Canada ?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It’s not a matter of entry, it’s a matter of departure. A work permit is still temporary permission to remain in Canada, and you have by default previously indicated that isn’t your intent. Any sort of temporary visa will likely be refused as their expectation is your intent is to remain permanently.

Loveto

Dec 25, 2019
It’s not a matter of entry, it’s a matter of departure. A work permit is still temporary permission to remain in Canada, and you have by default previously indicated that isn’t your intent. Any sort of temporary visa will likely be refused as their expectation is your intent is to remain permanently.
So applying for an authorization to return to Canada might be of no use With such cases ?Son the percentage of aproval is below 5% for all failed asylum seekers ?
Therefore only permanent visa might see such approval on such cases .
So if I may ask a better advise would be for me not to wast 400$ for applying for ARC right?

Loveto

Dec 25, 2019
So applying for an authorization to return to Canada might be of no use With such cases ?Son the percentage of aproval is below 5% for all failed asylum seekers ?
Therefore only permanent visa might see such approval on s

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Therefore only permanent visa might see such approval on such cases .
So if I may ask a better advise would be for me not to wast 400$ for applying for ARC right?
That’s a personal decision you have to make. There is no barrier for a permanent residence application (as long as you are honest about your past claims), but as PMM noted, approval is probably pretty close to zero as a temporary resident.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your best option is to focus on applying to immigrate through an economic immigration program like Express Entry. Your failed refugee claim will not prevent you from being approved for PR.

As others have said, the chances of any temporary visa being approved (e.g. work permit, visitor visa, study permit) are effectively nil due to your past history in Canada. Best to focus on PR - good luck.

torontonianguy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
Hello,

I want to apply for ARC from USA. I came to Canada in 1997 as refugee and my asylum protection was denied and ordered to leave Canada but I left Canada without documenting it with CBSA as I wasn't aware at that time. I recently in 2018 went to Canada but I was given permission of 1 day and returned from airport and told to a apply for ARC before coming next time. I am US citizen since 12 years with my family in US since 2002. My children are married and I own a business in US for 15 years. But my sister and my father's brother live in Canada and I wish to visit them.
Can anyone here provide me some valuable ideas, tips I need to be careful before i apply for ARC.

I would appreciate the help.Thank you