+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization letter

rahulshah9986

Feb 11, 2020
I'm on a study permit in Canada. I have applied for an authorization letter for my wife and kid to travel to Canada to reunite with me. We have received authorization letter both for my wife and child. They both are having valid TRV/Visitor visa and my wife doesn't have an open work permit.

However, recently I have read some post on FB/Twitter that some people were denied boarding in India even if they had valid authorization letter and TRV. Is it true? Would there be any problem for my wife and kid to travel?

I really appreciate your advice.

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
I'm on a study permit in Canada. I have applied for an authorization letter for my wife and kid to travel to Canada to reunite with me. We have received authorization letter both for my wife and child. They both are having valid TRV/Visitor visa and my wife doesn't have an open work permit.

However, recently I have read some post on FB/Twitter that some people were denied boarding in India even if they had valid authorization letter and TRV. Is it true? Would there be any problem for my wife and kid to travel?

I really appreciate your advice.
I think people sometimes get denied boarding if their is no consistency in what they have in their request email and what they told the rep boarding them at the airport

RKH

Feb 28, 2021
Hello. My wife and I have a valid TRV, my daughter has a Canadian Passport (2.5 years old). My daughter has a medical procedure in Canada, do I need a travel authorization or am I exempt? Please advise.