+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization letter for SOWP travelling at a later date

soniclife

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Me and my kids have recieved approval and have passports stamped and planning to travel by end of December. My spouse who has approved OWP will be travelling by Feb as the visa approval came in late and not enough time to complete all formalities here.
Read in the website that authorization letter need to be applied through webform with proof that family is in Canada and are going there to help.
Should the authorization letter be applied after we arrived in Canada or can be applied now and used after 2 months.
Anyone have experience applying.. how long did it take after application to receive the letter?
Will there be any other problems coz of arriving later or any other documentation needed apart from study permit and what kind of proofs is needed?

scaria197

Star Member
Jun 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Scheduled
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
any update anyone
You can apply now itself. My SP was approved but we always planned to travel together. Now the SOWP is approved by i applied for and received travel exemption letter before.

umairabid

Nov 27, 2020
@scaria197 I also got my visas approved and need authorization for my spouse, can you tell me how much time it took you to get one, also does one need to apply for kids separately?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Me and my kids have recieved approval and have passports stamped and planning to travel by end of December. My spouse who has approved OWP will be travelling by Feb as the visa approval came in late and not enough time to complete all formalities here.
Read in the website that authorization letter need to be applied through webform with proof that family is in Canada and are going there to help.
Should the authorization letter be applied after we arrived in Canada or can be applied now and used after 2 months.
Anyone have experience applying.. how long did it take after application to receive the letter?
Will there be any other problems coz of arriving later or any other documentation needed apart from study permit and what kind of proofs is needed?
if you applied all together, the SOWP most times received Authorization to travel letter by default. At least this was the case about a month ago

umairabid

Nov 27, 2020
if you applied all together, the SOWP most times received Authorization to travel letter by default. At least this was the case about a month ago
We recently got our passports back and there was no authorization letter with my spouse envelop

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
We recently got our passports back and there was no authorization letter with my spouse envelop
That should be in GC Key, VFS only mails back passports with visas. It’s called “Information Letter” if I remember right, but when you open it says Travel Authorization

scaria197

Star Member
Jun 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Scheduled
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
@scaria197 I also got my visas approved and need authorization for my spouse, can you tell me how much time it took you to get one, also does one need to apply for kids separately?
Hi mate, it took 12 days for the wife and 3 days for the kids

LinLlm

Feb 23, 2021
Hi mate, it took 12 days for the wife and 3 days for the kids
Hi scaria197. Did you apply for travel exemption for your wife(SOWP) or was the travel authorization issued automatically. I’m asking because my 3 children received their travel authorization automatically 3 days after passport request. No authorization yet issued for SOWP. We plan to travel together with spouse international student and children. Just wondering if travel authorization for SOWP would be issued eventually or should I apply for it with ircc. May I know your experience on the matter. Thank you!

meenah2hot

Dec 13, 2020
Hi guys. I want to apply for study permit with my family going with me. please need help on how you applied for SOWP and documents required. I have heard about lots of refusals.