+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian skilled worker program easier ?

Angryguy

Jan 15, 2019
Hello,

I saw that they just require a bachelor degree and a 7 7 7 7 IELTS to have enough 65 points. for a FSW.

somebody to double confirm to me ? it's easier than express entry right ?

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hello,

I saw that they just require a bachelor degree and a 7 7 7 7 IELTS to have enough 65 points. for a FSW.

somebody to double confirm to me ? it's easier than express entry right ?
Yes and NO! there is a catch.

Actually Australia's PR program is much more complicated than Express entry.
65 points is the minimum eligibility, normally the cut off for each occupation go higher, something like 70-85. In Addition they have ceiling of each profession, I mean how many applicants they will accept under each occupation. for example they may need only 1000 civil engineers in a year so if say 5000 applications are received the 65 point cut off for civil engineering may rise to something like 80-85.
Very few selected occupation are available for independent skilled visas and some more for state sponsorship. and for some occupations there is no hope other than getting a completely different employer sponsored visa, which is a different story.
You will need to get your experience and study in the same or very closely related occupation. Which you again have to be assessed by a assessment authority e.g engineers Australia for Engineering professional before lodging your visa. All the assessment authorities have different rules how they assess your credentials and experience. Where you have to demonstrate that you were actively engaged in your selected occupation after your education and both education and work should be closely related.
It is very easy for some professions such as nursing and agriculture scientist (Due to short supply). Extremely hard for accountants, IT professionals, management professionals etc (too many applicants). There entire PR visa process works around selected professional they are shortage of. Not like FSW of Express entry where any professional can apply.

I hope it helped!

Last edited:
Reactions: RR9187 and Angryguy

Angryguy

Jan 15, 2019
Yes and NO! there is a catch.

Actually Australia's PR program is much more complicated than Express entry.
65 points is the minimum eligibility, normally the cut off for each occupation go higher, something like 70-85. In Addition they have ceiling of each profession, I mean how many applicants they will accept under each occupation. for example they may need only 1000 civil engineers in a year so if say 5000 applications are received the 65 point cut off for civil engineering may rise to something like 80-85.
Very few selected occupation are available for independent skilled visas and some more for state sponsorship. and for some occupations there is no hope other than getting a completely different employer sponsored visa, which is a different story.
You will need to get your experience and study in the same or very closely related occupation. Which you again have to be assessed by a assessment authority e.g engineers Australia for Engineering professional before lodging your visa. All the assessment authorities have different rules how they assess your credentials and experience. Where you have to demonstrate that you were actively engaged in your selected occupation after your education and both education and work should be closely related.
It is very easy for some professions such as nursing and agriculture scientist. Extremely hard for accountants, IT professionals, management professionals etc. There entire PR visa process works around selected professional they are shortage of. Not like FSW of Express entry where any professional can apply.

I hope it helped!
helped a lot i will go repass my IELTS and try get 8 and stick with canada .

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
helped a lot i will go repass my IELTS and try get 8 and stick with canada .
I am glad it helped. Another thing if you score 8 You chances to get invitation for EE are dramatically increased. On the other hand 8 each means nothing for Australian PR. if your occupation isn't in the list of highest demand occupations (skilled occupation list).

Good Luck and all the best, I hope your PR visa process goes smoothly.

Reactions: RR9187 and Angryguy