+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian Registered nurse

May 4, 2019
Hello, I am a qualified RN, i obtained my degree in Australia. Are there many job opportunities for Aussie nurses in Canada?
Also, where would i begin looking for employment? I know in Aus you can search for positions on the NSW Health website, is there anything similar in Canada?
thanks everyone!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Healthcare is organized by province which is similar to Australia. You’ll have to direct your search that way. Would identify what type of nursing you want to do based on previous work experience and interest. You’ll want to try to identify full-time jobs with benefits if possible. Can be tough to find those jobs. Not sure why you are moving or if you are moving with a partner but that may narrow down where you have to search. Given a new year of nurses have just graduated I’m not sure how many postings will be up at this time of year. From what I understand many nurses are stuck putting 2 part-time jobs together. Many of the provinces like Ontario and Alberta are going through a transitional period due to new conservative government so there may be cuts in certain areas of the healthcare system.