+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian PR are considered as citizens of Canada????

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
no no no. this is for when an australian is traveling in a country where there is no australian embassy but there is a canadian embassy. Then they can ask for help in some of those countries form the canadian embassy and visa versa. This doesnot provide benefits for an austrlian in canada and visa versa. There are couple of commonwealth countries that have this deal.

Even for non-commonwealth countries, Iranians are represented by Pakistan in the US (i think) and Switzerland represents the US in Iran but this does not mean that US citizens have extra rights in Switzerland. Thats my thought anyway. I didn't read through the link that you gave.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sherry9oct said:
Kindly Check the link below it will clear everything. There are some minor advantages being australian living in canda or being canadan living in australia.
http://www.voyage.gc.ca/laws_lois/australia-canada-australie-eng.asp#memorandum
Actually, the answer to your question can be found right on that link you have provided yourself.
Read it thoroughly.

moneycat

Jan 30, 2010
No, it's not true. I asked this dumb question when I was applying for PR in Canada, I am an Australian Citizen.

Being part of Commonwealth Country does not do anything other tnan you are able to participate in Commonwealth Games.

However, related work experience and studies from Australia do account for something as you can save a lot of time in terms of translation, validation and also work experience reference. But if you were not born in Australia, you may still be required to prove your English profiency.

Good Luck.

madhukari

Aug 2, 2012
Are Canadian Citizens considered as Australian PR ????

Hi everyone,

Please tell me Are Canadian Citizens considered as Australian PR ???? if any body know the answer just reply to my mail id kari_madhu@hotmail.com

thanks

rluengo

Nov 26, 2013
Good morning,

On a slightly related topic. Can you use an Australian Justice of the Peace to certify your copies?