+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian Police Check required?

amar30

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,
I am the primary applicant for PR. My wife was residing in Australia for a period of 7 months in 2004. Is it required to get Australian police check for her? If so, what documents will be required to apply for the check?
Thanks.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi amar30, I'm an Australian citizen too. Welcome to the forum. This is the website to use:

http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks

The documents I submitted for my ID include:

1) Australian Passport
2) Australian Medicare Card
3) Australian Credit card
4) copy of New South Wales Drivers Licence

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just be aware that if your spouse has lived in either VIC or Qld, she will also need a copy of her driving history in addition to the AFP PCC.

More info here (scroll down):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp

If she doesn't have this, her application will be refused as incomplete.

amar30

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
Hi amar30, I'm an Australian citizen too. Welcome to the forum. This is the website to use:

The documents I submitted for my ID include:

1) Australian Passport
2) Australian Medicare Card
3) Australian Credit card
4) copy of New South Wales Drivers Licence
Hi JoacRy, thanks :)
My apologies, but my wife is not an Australian citizen :( She was in Australia as part of her job for 7 months only. So she does not have an Australian passport or medicare card or credit card. She didn't get her license either!
So what do I do? ???

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The instructions are on the website I posted above, with detailed instructions on the website that JoacRy posted.

Please read everything carefully and follow the instructions.

krsenthilkumaran

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Chennai,India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
amar30 said:
Hi JoacRy, thanks :)
My apologies, but my wife is not an Australian citizen :( She was in Australia as part of her job for 7 months only. So she does not have an Australian passport or medicare card or credit card. She didn't get her license either!
So what do I do? ???
There are list of docs which you can choose from.

I submitted a copy of my foreign passport(indian passport), tax assesment notice, birth certificate.
I got my pcc done in 3 days.

Good luck

amar30

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dexmoody said:
The instructions are on the website I posted above, with detailed instructions on the website that JoacRy posted.

Please read everything carefully and follow the instructions.
Thank you Dexmoody :) Appreciate your help.

amar30

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krsenthilkumaran said:

I submitted a copy of my foreign passport(indian passport), tax assesment notice, birth certificate.

Good luck
Thank you krsenthilkumaran :) Appreciate your help.
How did you get the birth certificate? Any pointers?

amar30

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krsenthilkumaran said:

Good luck
krsenthikumaran, I just went through the list and I see that bank statement can also be used (under documents issued outside australia). So I will go with this :) And hope it works out fine!

krsenthilkumaran

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Chennai,India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
amar30 said:
krsenthikumaran, I just went through the list and I see that bank statement can also be used (under documents issued outside australia). So I will go with this :) And hope it works out fine!
Yeah. Choose the option that is convenient for you. :)

shiv92

Sep 17, 2020
Hi, I have got a question, when providing for identification documents can I use my NSW learners driver license as an ID, which is valid till 2023, though I have permanently moved to India and no longer use it?
And also should I give my relatives address in Australia for faster delivery or delivery to New Delhi, India is also efficient?

Furri.6

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
India
Hi, I have got a question, when providing for identification documents can I use my NSW learners driver license as an ID, which is valid till 2023, though I have permanently moved to India and no longer use it?
And also should I give my relatives address in Australia for faster delivery or delivery to New Delhi, India is also efficient?
Go through the list of documents required on the AFP website. If learner's driver license is mentioned then you may use it. Else you have multiple other options in list of documents to provide.
And Yeah better provide your relatives/friends address and then ask them to scan and send it to you. That will suffice

shiv92

Sep 17, 2020
Go through the list of documents required on the AFP website. If learner's driver license is mentioned then you may use it. Else you have multiple other options in list of documents to provide.
And Yeah better provide your relatives/friends address and then ask them to scan and send it to you. That will suffice
thanks for your quick reply

shiv92

Sep 17, 2020
One more question, if somebody applied Australian Police check from India, what Indian documents were accepted as valid identification documents?