+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian in need of help

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Yes, it does beg the question if you're doing that well in Australia, why would you want to immigrate to Canada at this juncture?

Can't be for the weather.

• Haha
Reactions: apollobay

apollobay

Dec 23, 2020
You honestly might be best off remaining in Australia. Is something driving the need to move to Canada?

If you're aiming for the data analytics space, the bar has really been raised in Canada on securing the top jobs and employers are generally looking for Master's or PhD's.
Good question :D I think I just like Canada and it’s culture/people, not to mention the snowy winters which are never going to happen down under. I see your point around job market and employer demands for MS or PhD - I’ve got loads of cloud, data & analytics certs from industry bodies. Hope they’ll be of some use :).

Actually, would it be a good idea to start enrolling for a Grad Diploma/Cert from Canadian Univ. and do it online due to COVID restrictions - I can come down to finish it a bit later in the year when border restrictions are eased. Do we know if they’re going to consider it as Canadian Education and give me 15 points for that? (it might be worth the money). I know govt. has announced that offshore international students could complete Master’s online and still be eligible for PGWP up until April 2021 (current direction). I’m just wondering if it is same for Diplomas and EE points???

By the way... Happy Happy X Mas and Merry Merry X Mas :D It’s 25th for us already here

Cheers

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good question :D I think I just like Canada and it’s culture/people, not to mention the snowy winters which are never going to happen down under. I see your point around job market and employer demands for MS or PhD - I’ve got loads of cloud, data & analytics certs from industry bodies. Hope they’ll be of some use :).

Actually, would it be a good idea to start enrolling for a Grad Diploma/Cert from Canadian Univ. and do it online due to COVID restrictions - I can come down to finish it a bit later in the year when border restrictions are eased. Do we know if they’re going to consider it as Canadian Education and give me 15 points for that? (it might be worth the money). I know govt. has announced that offshore international students could complete Master’s online and still be eligible for PGWP up until April 2021 (current direction). I’m just wondering if it is same for Diplomas and EE points???

By the way... Happy Happy X Mas and Merry Merry X Mas :D It’s 25th for us already here

Cheers
You won't get the points for the Canadian education if it's all online. Needs to be at least partially done in person in Canada.

apollobay

Dec 23, 2020
You won't get the points for the Canadian education if it's all online. Needs to be at least partially done in person in Canada.
That’s right, I could come down for 3 months in person to complete it onshore - just not sure if that’s enough during COVID. Otherwise, I understand that the instructions are to be onshore for at least 8 months to get points for Canadian Education

bryndog1950

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Have you ever looked into the Provincial Nominee Programs? If you're selected by a particular province, that would give you the points you need to apply for Permanent Residence. I believe most of the programs require a job offer, but some do not. If you did some investigation, you might find a "fit" for your qualifications and lifestyle. Some of the provincial streams are Express Entry, some are not.

Reactions: apollobay

apollobay

Dec 23, 2020
Yes, I’m looking at Alberta / Ontario as they don’t require an offer for the NOI. Fingers crossed with 458 CRS though

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, I’m looking at Alberta / Ontario as they don’t require an offer for the NOI. Fingers crossed with 458 CRS though
Ignore Alberta for now. Right now this program is only open to those already living and working in Alberta. This is a temporary measure due to COVID-19.

bryndog1950

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020