Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2016
Interview........
Not requested
VISA ISSUED...
08-12-2016
Hello,

I am enquiring on international moving services. I am unsure to sell all our furniture and start fresh in Canada or ship it all over. Any personal experience, quotes received, recommendations of companies would be greatly appreciated. We are a family with 2 children so regardless will have to send over some boxes of sentimental items at the least.

Melbourne, Australia to Calgary, Canada.

Thanks!

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
JMilne said:
Hello,

I am enquiring on international moving services. I am unsure to sell all our furniture and start fresh in Canada or ship it all over. Any personal experience, quotes received, recommendations of companies would be greatly appreciated. We are a family with 2 children so regardless will have to send over some boxes of sentimental items at the least.

Melbourne, Australia to Calgary, Canada.

Thanks!
When we did the move from Canada to Australia our container took about 3 months, so we ended up buying most stuff anyway. This move I'm putting everything in storage for the first year (just in case my partner doesn't love Canada as much as he better :mad: ) then we'll sell it all if we don't come back.

We're going to the BC interior near Fernie, so figure we'll be making a trip into Lethbridge to buy all our electrical stuff so we may as well buy furniture too. The $10-15k saving on a shipping container can be put toward Leon's or The Brick furnishing on the cheap.

JMilne

Jun 28, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
Doc's Request.
18-10-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
File Transfer...
30-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2016
Interview........
Not requested
VISA ISSUED...
08-12-2016
DollyM said:
When we did the move from Canada to Australia our container took about 3 months, so we ended up buying most stuff anyway. This move I'm putting everything in storage for the first year (just in case my partner doesn't love Canada as much as he better :mad: ) then we'll sell it all if we don't come back.

We're going to the BC interior near Fernie, so figure we'll be making a trip into Lethbridge to buy all our electrical stuff so we may as well buy furniture too. The $10-15k saving on a shipping container can be put toward Leon's or The Brick furnishing on the cheap.
Yeah, smart move. We have considered storage too. Most likely we'll buy all the big furniture over there. Boxes of sentimental things and clothes ( ::) ) are the issue.

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
JMilne said:
Yeah, smart move. We have considered storage too. Most likely we'll buy all the big furniture over there. Boxes of sentimental things and clothes ( ::) ) are the issue.
Yeah, us too. I'll probably just go with something like Pack and Send where we only ship a small amount. We intend to go at the end of Australian summer/beginning of Canadian summer so we don't have to worry about too many clothes fitting in our suitcases. All the winter stuff and the photos, etc can be shipped over and it won't matter how long it takes to arrive.