+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

aunt's visa rejected .what should i do ?

greenkiwi

Apr 14, 2015
my aunt's TRV rejected with a reason that she does not have enough ties in Canada and in India .
actually she had applied to go for convocation ceremony of her son(only child).
What is good option for her as she had plans to go in second weak of june .reapply or appeal ???

Teeeeeeee

May 27, 2015
greenkiwi said:
my aunt's TRV rejected with a reason that she does not have enough ties in Canada and in India .
What is good option for her as she had plans to go in second weak of june .reapply or appeal ???
its really difficult to answer you when you give no details about the refusal..... :-X , what were the reasons for refusal, what documents did you give , how long was the application period , etc.. so you will find noone will respond to your post,...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's really no appeal process. Her only option is to reapply.

You have misunderstood the refusal reasons. She was refused because she has strong ties to Canada (because her only son is here) and because she did not demonstrate strong enough ties to her home country. When she reapplies, she will need to show stronger ties to her home country.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Teeeeeeee said:
Besides i think the grounds for refusal for no Canada ties is not correct. her son is a very strong tie if he is legally in Canada.
Once again - you have completely misunderstood this refusal reason. CIC is NOT saying that her ties to Canada are not strong enough - they are saying that her ties to Canada are TOO strong. As you yourself have said, she has very strong ties to Canada because her only son is here. This is a problem for CIC because they are concerned she has plans to remain here long term.

Teeeeeeee

May 27, 2015
greenkiwi said:
Look what is written! "she does not have enough ties in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how is that strong... People understand the English language differently i guess.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Teeeeeeee said:
Look what is written! "she does not have enough ties in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how is that strong... People understand the English language differently i guess.
The OP has not posted the reasons for refusal ad verbatim.... which reads as (and which Scylla has correctly interpreted):

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of the period authorized for your stay.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
Among the various boxes for refusal that the visa officer has ticked the box:

your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

The refusal letter does not specifically use words such as "does not have enough ties in Canada".... or "have strong ties in Canada"

A visa officer will base his/her decision on the *balance of probabilities*..... having more immediate family/close family members in Canada than in India (in this case an only child) could indicate the probability to overstay a visit.... hence, the *family ties* reason for refusal.

Other strong ties to the home country should have been demonstrated to avoid a refusal

Teeeeeeee

May 27, 2015
Bryanna said:
The OP has not posted the reasons for refusal ad verbatim.... which reads as (and which Scylla has correctly interpreted):

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of the period authorized for your stay.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
Among the various boxes for refusal that the visa officer has ticked the box:

your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

The refusal letter does not specifically use words such as "does not have enough ties in Canada".... or "have strong ties in Canada"

A visa officer will base his/her decision on the *balance of probabilities*..... having more immediate family/close family members in Canada than in India (in this case an only child) could indicate the probability to overstay a visit.... hence, the *family ties* reason for refusal.

Other strong ties to the home country should have been demonstrated to avoid a refusal

Thanks for clarifying.... Just when you responded i was about to say, lets ask Bryanna... :)