Med's Done....
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
24-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
6-September-2014
I've completed my oath ceremony on August 30th (Calgary office), and online update my case to "completed" on September 7th. I called IRCC yesterday and they said they mail out the cert on September 7th. So, I wonder how long it takes to receive the cert on mail?

astrogal86

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
I've completed my oath ceremony on August 30th (Calgary office), and online update my case to "completed" on September 7th. I called IRCC yesterday and they said they mail out the cert on September 7th. So, I wonder how long it takes to receive the cert on mail?
I had my oath the same day as you but in Montréal. I called IRCC today and was told there was no record of my signed oath form in my application even though I emailed it as instructed right back to them as soon as the ceremony was over. The agent said for me to email today the same oath form to the same email asking for confirmation of receipt. Haven’t heard anything back. Not sure if anyone else had this happen. Bad thing is I have travel coming up in four weeks and online both ecas and new tracker say closed and congratulations on becoming citizen. Seems like Montréal office doesn’t respond to emails and things get misplaced. I hope I hear from them since I am unsure what the next step would be.

tyt2012

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-12-2013
IELTS Request
Send w/ application
Med's Request
21-05-2-14
Med's Done....
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
24-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
6-September-2014

Just wanna updated:
August 30th - Oath ceremony
September 6th - Updated and closed
September 14th or 15th - Certificate received (about 2 weeks after the oath ceremony)

Office: Calgary

Now off to the passport application! Thanks guys!

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Sep 15th - Oath Ceremony
Sep 16th - Application closed
Office; Scarborough

Waiting for certificate.
I changed my address during during the 1-1 interaction with the administrator who was in charge of the citizenship forms. She read out the new address for confirmation. I also wrote down the address when I sent the email with the oath form attached (because I heard the instructions from the clerk asking us to also note down the address in case of an address change).
Hoping that it goes smooth as I have to travel in the next 2-3 weeks and need the passport.

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
I had my oath the same day as you but in Montréal. I called IRCC today and was told there was no record of my signed oath form in my application even though I emailed it as instructed right back to them as soon as the ceremony was over. The agent said for me to email today the same oath form to the same email asking for confirmation of receipt. Haven’t heard anything back. Not sure if anyone else had this happen. Bad thing is I have travel coming up in four weeks and online both ecas and new tracker say closed and congratulations on becoming citizen. Seems like Montréal office doesn’t respond to emails and things get misplaced. I hope I hear from them since I am unsure what the next step would be.
If the Application is closed, it usually means they have recieved your signed form, checked it and closed the file. I guess the problem may have been with dispatch ( change of address during the application process etc).

astrogal86

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
If the Application is closed, it usually means they have recieved your signed form, checked it and closed the file. I guess the problem may have been with dispatch ( change of address during the application process etc).
I am still living at the same place that was listed and confirmed on day of oath so I don’t think it was that. Anyways thanks for the response. I’ll wait another few weeks before calling again to see if I get it in the mail.

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Got my certificate today (Sep 22nd)
My oath was on Sep 15th.
Application closed on Sep 16th.

Scarborough office is super efficient.
Now the battle for the passport starts as I have an upcoming travel :)

Thanks to everyone for their valuable posts

WhereAmIQc

Star Member
Jun 3, 2022
My oath was on Sep 15th.

Looks like any office, other than the Montreal office, is able to send the certificate within days. But we've been waiting over a month for ours!

Congratulations fellow Canadian!

astrogal86

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
My oath was on Sep 15th.

Wow that was fast for the certificate. Congrats! I wish Montréal would pick up speed on delivery of certificates.

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request