05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I have doubt on that because they do use Zoom for meetings
They use MS Teams for citizenship Interviews is what I have read on multiple threads here on this forum and others
I heard that as well, and I also heard that they use MS Teams for retaking the test. Seems they use zoom only for oaths.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Hi All,

I received an email from IRCC mentioning “You are invited to further the processing of your citizenship application by attending a video session on Microsoft Teams”

not sure if this is genuine? Also the MS teams link in not working in a pdf file. They have asked to submit old and current passport copies of all pages.
Also there is a case officer name and her email with contact number, which usually I have never seen in an IRCC email. Though they have attached my application form with UCI number etc. and the email is from xxx@cic.gc.ca

is this a genuine email or fake?
Did you receive this after you had received your invitation to the oath ceremony?

WhereAmIQc

Star Member
Jun 3, 2022
I wanted to check here to see if anyone from the August 30 Montréal oath ceremony receive their citizenship certificate yet? My application was closed on Sept 2 and I haven’t received it yet. Not sure if “closed” means it was mailed or just printed. Thanks! :)
August 18th here, and Citizenship certificate not received yet.

ominibyte

Aug 20, 2018
I got this email on Friday and I am extremely worried. Has anyone ever heard about this before?

Good day XXXX,

You have been scheduled for a Citizenship Ceremony on Sept 14th at 8:15AM Eastern Time.

This email is to notify you that you have been scheduled for this ceremony in error. Your file is not ready to proceed with the Oath of Citizenship.

As such, you have been removed from the ceremony and will not be allowed to take the Oath of Citizenship.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. You were sent the Notice to Appear for the Oath of Citizenship by mistake.

Your file has been sent for processing. You will be contacted when anything further is required.

Please do not attend the Ceremony. You will be removed from the Ceremony if you attend, as you cannot proceed with the Oath at this time.

Thank you,

Niagara Falls IRCC

NMXXXXX
I have logged in to the portal every day since and it still says they are waiting on me to take the oath. The email was from IRCC.DNCitNGFScheduling02-ConvocationNGFCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

• Wow
Reactions: trumprefugee

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I got this email on Friday and I am extremely worried. Has anyone ever heard about this before?

I have logged in to the portal every day since and it still says they are waiting on me to take the oath. The email was from IRCC.DNCitNGFScheduling02-ConvocationNGFCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Wow that is disappointing and disturbing. What is your complete timeline?

I have read of people here and there who had their oaths cancelled even just the night before! And just saw this post today:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2019-citizenship-application.666762/post-10212506

amazigh-agnostic

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020

Hi have you signed on the tracker website https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login and noticed that your oath was scheduled on September 14th then it is very likely it is true cause nobody else would know about your appointment You have to call ircc asap do not wait. good luck

ominibyte

Aug 20, 2018
Wow that is disappointing and disturbing. What is your complete timeline?

I have read of people here and there who had their oaths cancelled even just the night before! And just saw this post today:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2019-citizenship-application.666762/post-10212506
Looking at your footer. We have the same information for the Oath schedule and date. I used the paper application and applied around April/May 2021 and AOR was August 20 2021. Scheduled for the test on May 23, 2022 and I took it on June 5th. It was updated on June 8. Oath tracker updated on Aug 22, 2022. Received the email on Aug 25.

ominibyte

Aug 20, 2018
Hi have you signed on the tracker website https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login and noticed that your oath was scheduled on September 14th then it is very likely it is true cause nobody else would know about your appointment You have to call ircc asap do not wait. good luck
Oh yes, it is still saying that they are waiting for me to take the Oath. I have been trying to reach them today but it has been saying they cannot connect me due to high volume of calls. So frustrating.

• Sad

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Looking at your footer. We have the same information for the Oath schedule and date. I used the paper application and applied around April/May 2021 and AOR was August 20 2021. Scheduled for the test on May 23, 2022 and I took it on June 5th. It was updated on June 8. Oath tracker updated on Aug 22, 2022. Received the email on Aug 25.
Did you ever get to Decision Made status in the old tracker or have everything except oath move to Completed? Everything except oath needs to be set to Completed before you can take the oath, so if you hadn't already gotten to that step, then it would make sense that they would cancel your oath (although they should not have scheduled you for it in the first place in this situation - what a way to stress people out!) But if you did have everything else completed, then this would be an indication that a decision made status isn't always really decision made

Reactions: A_S

ominibyte

Aug 20, 2018
Did you ever get to Decision Made status in the old tracker or have everything except oath move to Completed? Everything except oath needs to be set to Completed before you can take the oath, so if you hadn't already gotten to that step, then it would make sense that they would cancel your oath (although they should not have scheduled you for it in the first place in this situation - what a way to stress people out!) But if you did have everything else completed, then this would be an indication that a decision made status isn't always really decision made
I see...Thanks for the explanation. No, I do not have everything moved to Completed. I still have Physical presence, Language, Prohibitions In progress. These folks just stressed me out.

All the best as you do yours today. Congrats in advance.

flystar2

Aug 6, 2022
Had my interview LIVE in person, in the Scarborough office in mid July 14. They advised that the oath/ceremony will be within three weeks and to make sure I am in Canada for it. So I waited, and about a week prior to the Oath/Ceremony (Scarborough office) I received notice that the oath/ceremony will be August 23, however, that it would not be in person like my interview was, but that it would be virtual (rant on this none sense coming in the next passage). I asked the officer if I could have my certificate expedited, she said no - that has to be arranged earlier before the oath and ceremony. Also asked if we could come pick it up in person, she also said no, citing that the office was closed "due to covid"

warning: covid rant about to take place: (I am not sure if anyone has heard of anything so ludicrous, everything is wide open, shopping malls, full attendance sporting events, festivals, even hospitals and visitation to sick patients, etc etc. But the federal government needs to peddle boosters on top of boosters, so let's tell people that we are in full pandemic mode, and that a room fof a handful of masked people taking an oath or even an office of a handful of workers which was open just a few weeks ago, needs to be closed for "our safety". Yet the same people will attend baseball games, go to shopping malls, restaurants, clubs, bars, WITHOUT masks, but the office has to remain closed and that nobody can even go to pick up the certificate because " we need to stay safe ".....What a joke). I digress.

PLEASE NOTE AND THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: At the end of the VIRTUAL ceremony, you are asked to sign the form and scan and email it to the personal officer than greeted you in the break out room before the oath commenced. I strongly advise you do this IMMEDAITELY after the ceremony. They ask that it is done within two days. We did it within ten minutes. Result? We received the certificate in the mail August 26. Yep.

This of course may vary depending on the office you do your oath, especially if it's in Quebec where everything is a gong show head to toe. BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE AND DO NOT DESPAIR - just keep checking your email after your interview, for the scheduled date of the virtual ceremony. Good luck everyone.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I see...Thanks for the explanation. No, I do not have everything moved to Completed. I still have Physical presence, Language, Prohibitions In progress. These folks just stressed me out.

All the best as you do yours today. Congrats in advance.
Ah then they are correct that you aren't ready to take oath yet and that they still need to do whatever is necessary to bring those 3 to Completed. What a stress-inducing error on their part though. I hope they prioritize the processing of your application to make up for it! Were you able to reach anyone from IRCC for more information?

Thanks! The ceremony yesterday was touching and a much more positive experience than I had been expecting. I had been very depressed for months because I actually had the opposite problem of yours - everything else Completed for over 2.5 months before getting oath invite, when virtually nobody, aside from the severely neglected 2020 and prior applicants or applicants from extremely slow offices, waits anywhere near that long between DM and oath invite. So I have been suspecting that my application was not actually approved when I had gotten to DM. But at the ceremony, the judge and staff were very warm and welcoming as well as efficient.

Reactions: andrem

andrem

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
Nomination.....
05-02-2015
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-03-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
Ah then they are correct that you aren't ready to take oath yet and that they still need to do whatever is necessary to bring those 3 to Completed. What a stress-inducing error on their part though. I hope they prioritize the processing of your application to make up for it! Were you able to reach anyone from IRCC for more information?

Thanks! The ceremony yesterday was touching and a much more positive experience than I had been expecting. I had been very depressed for months because I actually had the opposite problem of yours - everything else Completed for over 2.5 months before getting oath invite, when virtually nobody, aside from the severely neglected 2020 and prior applicants or applicants from extremely slow offices, waits anywhere near that long between DM and oath invite. So I have been suspecting that my application was not actually approved when I had gotten to DM. But at the ceremony, the judge and staff were very warm and welcoming as well as efficient.
@trumprefugee , congrats on your oath yesterday! We also felt the ceremony was touching and the staff very friendly and welcoming!