+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August/September Citizenship ceremony

EM2019

Sep 10, 2021
Thrilled to report that I received the oath email invite this morning. Many thanks to all those who have been patiently responding to questions on this board. A couple of questions please, how long does it take to get the citizenship certificate? Has anyone who has had the oath in August received their certificate? Many Thanks

Reactions: WhereAmIQc

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
During the oath ceremony, you will see an IRCC agent in private who will identify you with your IDs, will have you chop up your PR card. During that process, they will check with you your home address because they will mail the citizenship certificate to that address. Also, after the ceremony you will need to sign the Oath or Affirmation form and send it back by email. If it's anything like our ceremony, after the oath taking itself, they will show you a powerpoint presentation to explain how to sign and return that form. During that presentation, they will instruct you to also include your home address in the body of the email. I guess it's a way for them to double check your address.

So no. You don't need to apply separately to get your citizenship certificate.
They did not ask us to include the home address in the email. Are you sure about this? Did I miss this instruction during ceremony?

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
They did not ask us to include the home address in the email. Are you sure about this? Did I miss this instruction during ceremony?
"If you recently moved but did not provide your new address during registration, please include it in your reply email so that we can send your certificate to the correct address. In the future, you don’t need to tell us if you change your address."

If your address didn't change when you filed your application, you do not need to include it in the oath form email. In my oath ceremony, they didn't ask to include the address unless it was changed.

WhereAmIQc

Star Member
Jun 3, 2022

In our ceremony 1- the agent asked for it during the identification process, 2- they asked us to add the address in the oath form email

I guess it depends of who is giving instructions? Or the office? Ours was Montreal.

otalat

Jun 6, 2021
Oath scheduled on September 15 but no invite yet. I’m planning to call IRCC tomorrow to at least find out which office is processing my application. I never received the test invite so I’m concerned the oath invite may never show up too.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Oath scheduled on September 15 but no invite yet. I’m planning to call IRCC tomorrow to at least find out which office is processing my application. I never received the test invite so I’m concerned the oath invite may never show up too.
Our Oath is on Sep 13, haven’t received the email either.
Spoke to IRCC yesterday and they mentioned that the Scarborough (found the info through GCMS notes) office has not sent the emails yet. They mentioned if you don’t receive the email by Tuesday/Wednesday next week, then call them....

Check the Test invite email, if it says in the email address SCR it means Scarborough, MIS it means Mississauga office is processing your application.

otalat

Jun 6, 2021
Our Oath is on Sep 13, haven’t received the email either.
Spoke to IRCC yesterday and they mentioned that the Scarborough (found the info through GCMS notes) office has not sent the emails yet. They mentioned if you don’t receive the email by Tuesday/Wednesday next week, then call them....

Check the Test invite email, if it says in the email address SCR it means Scarborough, MIS it means Mississauga office is processing your application.
Thanks Abbas. Issue is I’ve never received the test invite hence why I want to call them tomorrow to find out which office is processing my application

otalat

Jun 6, 2021
All the best, do share the feedback of your call with IRCC
so I've reached out to IRCC. They advised that it's the Scarborough office processing my application (good to know finally) but they haven't sent the emails yet. They said if I don't receive it within 7 business days of the ceremony (I think they meant calendar days) then I should call back for them to action it.
She also said my oath ceremony is at 11am. I also asked her to confirm if it's online and she said yes. I will reach out to them by Sept 7th or 8th if I don't get the invite. I will probably email the office directly instead of calling IRCC. Can someone please confirm if I should send the email to both the addresses below, or just the number 2 for the Scarborough office?

1. IRCC.DN-CITIZENSHIP-CEREMONIES-RN-CITOYENNETE-CEREMONIES.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

2. IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
so I've reached out to IRCC. They advised that it's the Scarborough office processing my application (good to know finally) but they haven't sent the emails yet. They said if I don't receive it within 7 business days of the ceremony (I think they meant calendar days) then I should call back for them to action it.
She also said my oath ceremony is at 11am. I also asked her to confirm if it's online and she said yes. I will reach out to them by Sept 7th or 8th if I don't get the invite. I will probably email the office directly instead of calling IRCC. Can someone please confirm if I should send the email to both the addresses below, or just the number 2 for the Scarborough office?

1. IRCC.DN-CITIZENSHIP-CEREMONIES-RN-CITOYENNETE-CEREMONIES.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

2. IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Email address to which I have corresponded before is:
IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
they kinda reply to us usually within 30 mins to 60 mins

Reactions: otalat