+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August/September Applicants PGWP timeline

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NaomiA said:
Hi Stacey,

Did CIC request for a letter from your employer for your husband's OWP?

I applied for my PGWP and my husbands OWP back on Sep 02. Got a message today from CIC. A letter addressing my husband and asking for his "inviter's or spouse's letter of employment".

Luckily I am employed and can send them one. But I was wondering why they would need this...
NaomiA,

If you are a holder of an OWP for example, a PGWP, your spouse or common-law partner, applying for the C41 exemption, will need to attach a copy of your PGWP to his application for an OWP. Your spouse or common-law partner will also need to provide information about your employment by attaching supporting documents including;

1- A letter from your current employer confirming employment or a copy of your employment offer or contract AND
2- A copy of one of your payslips.

I'm sure your husband was given a deadline by which to attach and submit the requested document. Usually its between 7 - 10 days. The earlier he does so, the better.

Keep in mind that CIC closes for the holidays by Dec 25th, 26th, and Jan 1st. They tend to work half day on Dec 24th.

Cheers and happy holidays!

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
jubear said:
NaomiA,

If you are a holder of an OWP for example, a PGWP, your spouse or common-law partner, applying for the C41 exemption, will need to attach a copy of your PGWP to his application for an OWP. Your spouse or common-law partner will also need to provide information about your employment by attaching supporting documents including;

1- A letter from your current employer confirming employment or a copy of your employment offer or contract AND
2- A copy of one of your payslips.

I'm sure your husband was given a deadline by which to attach and submit the requested document. Usually its between 7 - 10 days. The earlier he does so, the better.

Keep in mind that CIC closes for the holidays by Dec 25th, 26th, and Jan 1st. They tend to work half day on Dec 24th.

Cheers and happy holidays!
Hi Jubear,

Thank you so much! This is very very helpful.

In my case, since my PGWP application is being processed, I could not attach my work permit with my husband's OWP application. But I provided a letter from my employer confirming employment, a copy of my contract and payslips. We sent it yesterday at night as we were worried about the holiday delays too.

Happy holidays and hope you have an amazing new year!
-naomi

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Hello good people. This is my first post to this thread, but I've been following it religiously. I applied on the 14th of August, 2015 and I am yet to get an approval and people that applied after me have been cleared. I called CIC and they told me the usual "we are working on applications received on the 4th of August". Is there anyone that applied before or after me in August that is still waiting for approval? Your replies will ease my tension. Thanks guys.

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Hello tosinosho1992, did u applied online? I applied on 20 aug online and still waiting too.

tosinosho1992 said:
Hello good people. This is my first post to this thread, but I've been following it religiously. I applied on the 14th of August, 2015 and I am yet to get an approval and people that applied after me have been cleared. I called CIC and they told me the usual "we are working on applications received on the 4th of August". Is there anyone that applied before or after me in August that is still waiting for approval? Your replies will ease my tension. Thanks guys.

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Especially after seeing people after u got approval, but here I am, waiting too, and one of my friend waiting also. I just dont like everymorning wake up and see no updates. That really gives me bad start of each day.
tosinosho1992 said:
I applied online, and I'm soo tired of waiting

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally done with PGWP and TRV

Here is my timeline

Applied : Sep 14
Blank updates : October/November
Approval : Dec 4
Confirmation email : Dec 5
Mail : December 12

TRV
Applied : Dec 12
Passport Request : Dec 14
Approval : Dec 19
Mail: Dec 22

All the best to everyone!

Happy holidays!!! Cheers

vicky0907wang

Dec 6, 2015
tosinosho1992 said:
I applied online, and I'm soo tired of waiting
me too, I applied on August 31st.. checking cic and emails is the first thing in the morning felt like im a phyco now.. couldnt be more patient... :mad:

Nov 17, 2015
hello guys, my application got approved.

timeline: applied on Sep 4th (online)
approval: Dec 23 (hasn't received the letter yet)
mail: waiting

Thanks for everyone's information. Good luck to everyone.

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
My application got approved.

Timeline:

Applied: September 2 (online)
Application approved on My CIC: December 21
Approval letter uploaded on My CIC: December 23

Waiting for work permit to arrive by mail.

Ares91

Sep 26, 2015
Hello fellow applicants.

My application got approved today. Checked CIC online I did not get any email about it.

applied: 4th september

Good luck everyone!

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Ares91 said:
Hello fellow applicants.

My application got approved today. Checked CIC online I did not get any email about it.

applied: 4th september

Good luck everyone!
Hope you'll get the approval letter soon!

My PGWP was approved, but my husband's OWP application (we applied together) is still open and no decision has been made yet.

Confused...

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NaomiA said:
Hope you'll get the approval letter soon!

My PGWP was approved, but my husband's OWP application (we applied together) is still open and no decision has been made yet.

Confused...
Naomi,

CIC approved yours because you don't need a job offer. However, they don't approve a spouse's OWP right away because they may have to verify the NOC code group, employer and validity of job offer letter. But not to worry, I'm sure he will get his as well. Its even possible that both work permits could be in the mail already. Might arrive before Jan 1st.

Hang in there. Its all good.

Cheers!

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
jubear said:
Naomi,

CIC approved yours because you don't need a job offer. However, they don't approve a spouse's OWP right away because they may have to verify the NOC code group, employer and validity of job offer letter. But not to worry, I'm sure he will get his as well. Its even possible that both work permits could be in the mail already. Might arrive before Jan 1st.

Hang in there. Its all good.

Cheers!
Thanks so much Jubear. That explains it and I feel much better. I was going through all sorts of crazy scenarios in my mind and wondering what to do if one of us can't work anymore...

Hope to get the permits soon :)

Enjoy the Holidays!

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Got another email saying my application has been updated today. Logged in and it said updated but nothing new. Now it just says submitted. Got the same email on November 8th. I applied on September 10th. Anybody have a similar experience?

Merry Christmas!