+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August CEC Applicants

shantanu1988

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
How come I am receiving a email for Landing before the passport Request please help I believe it scam but they have my UCI Number but they don't have any other Information and on email they are asking all the detail

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
Hey Guys I just received an email from IRCC to complete my landing and receive my COPR via telephone. I have seen one post where the person has done this successfully but I am not sure.

According to my rep IRCC is trying out new ways to have candidates do their landings to prevent them from showing up at border crossings etc and it's faster. My rep said she will get back to me on it... But in my eyes, that's a great sign! :D

will keep you posted...
Did you get the phone call before you even receive the ppr email??

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
How come I am receiving a email for Landing before the passport Request please help I believe it scam but they have my UCI Number but they don't have any other Information and on email they are asking all the detail
I guess that could happen, since jman 25 just replied on that regarding his own experience.

shantanu1988

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
I guess that could happen, since jman 25 just replied on that regarding his own experience.
hello Tushya

I call cic today and Agent told me you will receiving a PPR request before 15th as app is approve and also I got my GCMS Notes and it says that deadline put By officer for Request is 15th December and also confirm by agent so I am wondering how come I am receiving Landing before PPR stamp ? and agent also never mention that such kind of Process

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
hello Tushya

I call cic today and Agent told me you will receiving a PPR request before 15th as app is approve and also I got my GCMS Notes and it says that deadline put By officer for Request is 15th December and also confirm by agent so I am wondering how come I am receiving Landing before PPR stamp ? and agent also never mention that such kind of Process
That I had no experience. But jman 25 just said he received the same email regarding that, and he has not received his ppr email yet. But it seems like the email is legit since there are other people experiencing the new program email landing thing. Check if the email address is legit at your end.

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Hi, I also got that email today. According to my representative, IRCC have rolled a pilot program to have us do our landing via telephone instead of having us send our passports to Ottawa etc that is taking a month to complete and then we would still have to drive to a border crossing or inland office to complete our landing.

The telephone landing is supposed to be quick and easy, they would send us our COPR before the scheduled phone call so that when they call we would have it on hand along with our passports to complete the process.

However, I am waiting on further instructions from my rep about what to do.

shantanu1988

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Hi, I also got that email today. According to my representative, IRCC have rolled a pilot program to have us do our landing via telephone instead of having us send our passports to Ottawa etc that is taking a month to complete and then we would still have to drive to a border crossing or inland office to complete our landing.

The telephone landing is supposed to be quick and easy, they would send us our COPR before the scheduled phone call so that when they call we would have it on hand along with our passports to complete the process.

However, I am waiting on further instructions from my rep about what to do.
I have talk with my Representative and he said its a pilot project but even the IRRC agent not aware of this and they don't have detail and nothing is publish and its look the suspicious because in email its asking all the detail by us. My representative advice go with normal process like passport Request and then stamp and then Landing bez nothing is clear on email and as well that email address is not Registered on CIC web as well as call center agent have no idea about it . please let me know when u got any update .

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
I have talk with my Representative and he said its a pilot project but even the IRRC agent not aware of this and they don't have detail and nothing is publish and its look the suspicious because in email its asking all the detail by us. My representative advice go with normal process like passport Request and then stamp and then Landing bez nothing is clear on email and as well that email address is not Registered on CIC web as well as call center agent have no idea about it . please let me know when u got any update .
My rep has advised me to do the same citing similar reasons... hopefully after the 48 hour timeline they will send us the regular PPR email to send our passports to Ottawa.

shantanu1988

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
My rep has advised me to do the same citing similar reasons... hopefully after the 48 hour timeline they will send us the regular PPR email to send our passports to Ottawa.
Hope Jamn bez I have seen my GCMS Note today and deadline is set for 15december by IMMi officer so may be hope for the best . I am scared to provide my info as they have my all info so why they asking ? that's the question , I would follow my Rep as he advices . you too hope

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Hey Guys I just received an email from IRCC to complete my landing and receive my COPR via telephone. I have seen one post where the person has done this successfully but I am not sure.

According to my rep IRCC is trying out new ways to have candidates do their landings to prevent them from showing up at border crossings etc and it's faster. My rep said she will get back to me on it... But in my eyes, that's a great sign! :D

will keep you posted...
Interesting. I might ask for the process if I get the same. Although we have a office in Halifax, NS. One of my friend had to make an appointment there for the landing. If I've to do telephone landing, then I will msg you.

Which one is better? I've no rep, I am confused. Help

Reactions: jman25

vab17

Dec 2, 2017
Guys! I called CIC and they said that you are approved and we will send you a message about follow-up in next 5-10 business days. The same day DEC 01, 2017 I received an email with my UCI as subject and they mentioned to reply within 48 hours. I believe its a pilot that they just started yesterday.

I am going ahead as you all mentioned it saves time, money and I don't have to wait one more month to get my passport back and then visit the border. This all can be done on phone in 10 minutes after 10 days.

Who so ever received the email for express landing can you confirm please that the email came from IRCC.MTLExpress-ExpressMTL.IRCC@cic.gc.ca (mailbox) and the subject was Express Landing - UCI number.

Thank you!

Reactions: jman25

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Guys! I called CIC and they said that you are approved and we will send you a message about follow-up in next 5-10 business days. The same day DEC 01, 2017 I received an email with my UCI as subject and they mentioned to reply within 48 hours. I believe its a pilot that they just started yesterday.

I am going ahead as you all mentioned it saves time, money and I don't have to wait one more month to get my passport back and then visit the border. This all can be done on phone in 10 minutes after 10 days.

Who so ever received the email for express landing can you confirm please that the email came from IRCC.MTLExpress-ExpressMTL.IRCC@cic.gc.ca (mailbox) and the subject was Express Landing - UCI number.

Thank you!
Interesting, I did confirm my application is approved on Thursday, however I didn't receive any email for telephone landing or anything. My application approved last Tuesday as per the agent. No communication yet. Ask @jman25, he has this kind of communication.

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017

Thank you!
Just found this: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-got-an-email-from-ircc-for-telephonic-landing-after-getting-copr.529214/

Maybe you want to talk to an agent before doing this.