+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August AOR 2017

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hello guys,

I finally received my PR visa and CoPR. I am FSW within canada. I have a question for the experienced folks. I got the PR visa (single entry) while in Canada. Can I leave for vacation to the caribbeans and come back to Canada to land as a PR ? Or would I need another visa to come back to Canada?

Note: I haven't used the PR visa yet and I havent landed as a PR.

Thanks
Congratulations @zroro !

Its perfectly fine to go on vacation and come back on the PR visa. I did the same a couple of months back. I am also FSW-Inland and went out of Canada on a short vacation and came back on the PR Visa and landed without an issue. Important thing to note here is that it doesn't matter whether you go out of Canada on a vacation or for some hours to US. You need to leave the country and come back to land as PR. While landing, your PR visa should be valid (not used before and you must use it before its expiry date) and you should have the CoPR with you.

You can also do the PR landing without leaving the country by booking an appointment at one of IRCC's centers. However, keep in mind that once you land, the PR Visa will be voided and you would need a PR card or PR Travel Document to travel back to Canada. The PR card arrives in about 2 months after landing. So if the vacation is pre-planned, then might as well go out and come back in on the PR Visa and CoPR.

Reactions: sandhu2012

zroro

Mar 8, 2018
Congratulations @zroro !

Its perfectly fine to go on vacation and come back on the PR visa. I did the same a couple of months back. I am also FSW-Inland and went out of Canada on a short vacation and came back on the PR Visa and landed without an issue. Important thing to note here is that it doesn't matter whether you go out of Canada on a vacation or for some hours to US. You need to leave the country and come back to land as PR. While landing, your PR visa should be valid (not used before and you must use it before its expiry date) and you should have the CoPR with you.

You can also do the PR landing without leaving the country by booking an appointment at one of IRCC's centers. However, keep in mind that once you land, the PR Visa will be voided and you would need a PR card or PR Travel Document to travel back to Canada. The PR card arrives in about 2 months after landing. So if the vacation is pre-planned, then might as well go out and come back in on the PR Visa and CoPR.
Thank you so much! I landed and everything went very smooth. I just had a long wait because of the large number of students who want to get their study permit, but once I got my turn with the immigration officer, the process was in over in 5 minutes. I'm waiting now for my PR card.

Reactions: sa719

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Thank you so much! I landed and everything went very smooth. I just had a long wait because of the large number of students who want to get their study permit, but once I got my turn with the immigration officer, the process was in over in 5 minutes. I'm waiting now for my PR card.
Congratulations! The PR Card should arrive in 50~70 days. Do keep the CoPR document safe, as that would be needed later as well. Based on the CoPR, you can now apply for your province's Health Insurance Plan, for example, if you live in Ontario, you can apply for OHIP at any ServiceOntario center.

Last edited: