+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August AOR 2017

mukesh701

Sep 17, 2018
Hello Andy,
Please add me to the WhatsApp group.Submitted my app on 27 July2017 but got AOR on 13 sept 2017.Any idea how much time it will take to get the medicals???

zroro

Mar 8, 2018
Hi everyone,

My application is past 13 months of processing. I reside in Canada. I ordered GCMS notes under Privacy Act and did not receive any useful information. It only includes the information that I submitted to cic. Should I request gcms notes again under Access to Information act ?

Last edited:

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

My application is past 13 months of processing. I reside in Canada. I ordered GCMS notes under Privacy Act and did not receive any useful information. It only includes the information that I submitted to cic. Should I request gcms notes again under Access to Information act ?
Roughly what is the page count of your GCMS notes and the size of your family (single applicant or family application)? GCMS notes should provide information such as status of eligibility check, criminality check, medical status, security screening status and so on, along with officer notes about your application. Did your notes have none of this information?

zroro

Mar 8, 2018
Roughly what is the page count of your GCMS notes and the size of your family (single applicant or family application)? GCMS notes should provide information such as status of eligibility check, criminality check, medical status, security screening status and so on, along with officer notes about your application. Did your notes have none of this information?
My GCMS notes were 50 pages long (single applicant). It did not contain any of the information you mentioned. It only contained the documents I sent to IRCC as part of the application, or later on (as additional documents). It contained not even a single comment from any officer. Please advise!

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
My GCMS notes were 50 pages long (single applicant). It did not contain any of the information you mentioned. It only contained the documents I sent to IRCC as part of the application, or later on (as additional documents). It contained not even a single comment from any officer. Please advise!
Whats your timeline and when was the GCMS notes request made under the Privacy act? This is strange, as the notes are supposed to have many different sections that give information on the many different aspects that I mentioned in my earlier comment as separate sections. The last section of the document that I received had a "Notes" section, where I could see all the hand-typed notes of the officers who reviewed my application and made recommendations. I requested the notes under the Access to Information Act. I am not sure if there is a difference between the notes released under the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act. Perhaps some other member can clarify.

The email that I received which contained my notes had this part:

"Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Information Commissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at:http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca"

I am quite sure that you would have received a similar email that contained your notes, and it too may have information on how to submit a complaint or where to ask for more information. I would recommend writing an email to the email address specified in that email, to ask if either your notes have been incompletely released or if you should submit another request under the Access to Information Act to receive more detailed information.

zroro

Mar 8, 2018
Whats your timeline and when was the GCMS notes request made under the Privacy act? This is strange, as the notes are supposed to have many different sections that give information on the many different aspects that I mentioned in my earlier comment as separate sections. The last section of the document that I received had a "Notes" section, where I could see all the hand-typed notes of the officers who reviewed my application and made recommendations. I requested the notes under the Access to Information Act. I am not sure if there is a difference between the notes released under the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act. Perhaps some other member can clarify.

The email that I received which contained my notes had this part:

"Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Information Commissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at:http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca"

I am quite sure that you would have received a similar email that contained your notes, and it too may have information on how to submit a complaint or where to ask for more information. I would recommend writing an email to the email address specified in that email, to ask if either your notes have been incompletely released or if you should submit another request under the Access to Information Act to receive more detailed information.

Thank you for the info. AOR Aug 22 2017 FSW- Inland. I dont know much about the rest of the timeline. They aren't telling me when the SS started, but I guess around Jan 2018. I sent email to the address you mentioned, they havent responded. I also emailed CIC to know when the SS started - no response.

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Thank you for the info. AOR Aug 22 2017 FSW- Inland. I dont know much about the rest of the timeline. They aren't telling me when the SS started, but I guess around Jan 2018. I sent email to the address you mentioned, they havent responded. I also emailed CIC to know when the SS started - no response.
IRCC usually specifies that they respond in around 10~14 business days. Perhaps they will reply. I think you can also do another GCMS notes request, and perhaps this time under the Access to Information Act. All the best.

zroro

Mar 8, 2018
IRCC usually specifies that they respond in around 10~14 business days. Perhaps they will reply. I think you can also do another GCMS notes request, and perhaps this time under the Access to Information Act. All the best.
I actually received another GCMS notes that includes 110 pages. There are 2 activities which have "Type: security" - I'm guessing these activities are regarding the security screening, right ? So the first activity shows "New value: not started", and the second activity shows "New value:(empty)". The activities do not have a "created date" or "updated date" values. Any ideas ? How can I know when the SS started or when should it end ?

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
I actually received another GCMS notes that includes 110 pages. There are 2 activities which have "Type: security" - I'm guessing these activities are regarding the security screening, right ? So the first activity shows "New value: not started", and the second activity shows "New value:(empty)". The activities do not have a "created date" or "updated date" values. Any ideas ? How can I know when the SS started or when should it end ?
Its always a grey area when it comes to security screening information on the GCMS notes. If its empty then I would consider that your application is either in security screening right now or the screening has been completed (in any case, its beyond the "not started") stage. Due to applicable laws, the government does not release much information on security screening. You can either wait or as some may recommend, raise requests for CSIS and CBSA notes. The CSIS notes do not contain much information (its usually just one or two pages lettter), only that they may confirm that your application is in security screening with them (without any info on when they started the process or how long it would take). CBSA notes are similar to IRCC GCMS notes, however they contain more information such as when your Express Entry profile was created and the copies of the documents that you submitted.

zroro

Mar 8, 2018
Hello guys,

I finally received my PR visa and CoPR. I am FSW within canada. I have a question for the experienced folks. I got the PR visa (single entry) while in Canada. Can I leave for vacation to the caribbeans and come back to Canada to land as a PR ? Or would I need another visa to come back to Canada?

Note: I haven't used the PR visa yet and I havent landed as a PR.

Thanks