+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August AOR 2017

KHI

May 26, 2017
I am from Pakistan. But since last 7 years, I was in the USA and applied from there for Study permit and PR.

KHI

May 26, 2017
I have been travelling back and forth from Pakistan to USA. Recently, I dorve from the USA to Canada. If it is security screening, how long it could take?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I have been travelling back and forth from Pakistan to USA. Recently, I dorve from the USA to Canada. If it is security screening, how long it could take?
My SS is ongoing since end of May 2018, it is still in process... I have a very extensive travel history and was based in the Middle East earlier

KHI

May 26, 2017
I see. Last thing... My SP will expire in April, 2019. I am wondering if I should renew it or wait for PR? Do you think SS can take that long?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I see. Last thing... My SP will expire in April, 2019. I am wondering if I should renew it or wait for PR? Do you think SS can take that long?
people say and what I have read on the forums here, SS notoriously is a long one... may take 9-12 months (or maybe more in some cases). I would suggest you to renew your SP around Jan if you do not hear something by then...

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hi @KHI
@bimale4bipeople has thoroughly answered your questions! I just wanted to add a few things.
I am also from Pakistan and in Canada on Study Permit. My PR AOR was August 31, 2017 and PPR came last month, that is after 11 months instead of the expected 6 months. My application was in SS as well, as revealed by IRCC, CSIS and CBSA notes.
If you go for CBSA notes then keep in mind that they may take longer than the 30 day advertised period. In my case, it took two months. Also, CBSA may contact you over phone to check if you want the complete notes related to your file (UCI) or just specific to your PR application. If you ask for complete record then it may take even longer. I just asked them to give me records related to the PR application.
My study permit was expiring while I was waiting for my PR to come through. I raised a Case Specific Enquiry to ask IRCC if I should wait for my PR application to come through or apply for a Study Permit extension nevertheless. They responded by saying that they cannot state how long the PR application would take, and in order to fulfill legal requirements for staying in Canada, I should renew my Study Permit, which I did. Keep an eye on the application processing times: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Like online Study Permit extensions are taking 41 days as of today. So keep an eye on them and apply online for Study Permit Extension in the Jan/Feb 2019 period if your permit is expiring in early April or Feb/early March period if it is expiring in late April. In any case keep an eye on the application processing times in January and apply accordingly. I know its a hassle to fill in all these applications but there's no other way. I hope your PR application comes through before that time.

Reactions: bimale4bipeople

PlimPlum

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Finally, received PPR yesterday. My timeline is below:
AOR: August 26, 2017
IP2: November 8, 2017 (I was in SS, so I guess SS started on the same date)
Ghost update: September 18, 2018
PPR: September 18, 2018.

Last edited:
Reactions: sa719 and tinuola

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
PPR came in today guys.

Aug 3rd, PNP.

I hope you all still waiting get yours soon.

Many thanks to @BillHyatt and @legalfalcon for all your help, you helped kept many of us sane throughout this waiting period. And to even think that you did all of these for free is really something rare. Thank you so much and God bless you.
Congratulations!!

All the best for the journey ahead!

Reactions: tinuola

Anish_M

Star Member
May 31, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Finally, received PPR yesterday. My timeline is below:
AOR: August 26, 2018
IP2: November 8, 2017 (I was in SS, so I guess SS started on the same date)
Ghost update: September 18, 2018
PPR: September 18, 2018.
congrats, whats your application submission date