+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August AOR 2017

Astounding18

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
PPR came in today guys.

Aug 3rd, PNP.

I hope you all still waiting get yours soon.

Many thanks to @BillHyatt and @legalfalcon for all your help, you helped kept many of us sane throughout this waiting period. And to even think that you did all of these for free is really something rare. Thank you so much and God bless you.
Hi Tinu,
Any idea if you were in SS or not? Where was your VO?

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I ordered a softcopy using the online system. I was in Canada on the day I requested them. However, I didnt stay in Canada for the whole month. It's almost 3 months now, what should I do ? Is my application still alive ?
I would recommend sending them another email about your GCMS notes since its been 3 months now. Also raise a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) about your case to check its status in the meantime. You may just receive a standard reply but there's no harm in raising the CSE. Can some other member comment on this question by zroro?

zroro

Mar 8, 2018
I would recommend sending them another email about your GCMS notes since its been 3 months now. Also raise a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) about your case to check its status in the meantime. You may just receive a standard reply but there's no harm in raising the CSE. Can some other member comment on this question by zroro?
Thank you so much. I have actually sent a CSE a few days ago and received the standard reply. I emailed them today about the GCMS notes, lets see what they say. From which department do you usually order the GCMS notes ? IRCC, CBSA, CSIS ...?

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Thank you so much. I have actually sent a CSE a few days ago and received the standard reply. I emailed them today about the GCMS notes, lets see what they say. From which department do you usually order the GCMS notes ? IRCC, CBSA, CSIS ...?
You are welcome @zroro
These notes should first be requested from the IRCC as they are the main department dealing with Immigration related applications, such as Permanent Residency. The CBSA and CSIS are other government organizations, which the IRCC can engage, as required, for a particular case. Usually, CBSA and CSIS are engaged for detailed Security Screening. However, the CBSA and the CSIS are not directly involved in the immigration process.

Which department did you request your notes from? Keep in mind that notes from the IRCC can be delivered through email if that option was selected while ordering the notes. However, if the notes were ordered from CBSA and CSIS, then they usually come in the postal mail, even if a request for online delivery was made. As I mentioned above, notes should be requested from the IRCC first. After they arrive, and based on what you find in them, only then go for notes from CSIS and CBSA (which may not be detailed as well).

zroro

Mar 8, 2018
You are welcome @zroro
These notes should first be requested from the IRCC as they are the main department dealing with Immigration related applications, such as Permanent Residency. The CBSA and CSIS are other government organizations, which the IRCC can engage, as required, for a particular case. Usually, CBSA and CSIS are engaged for detailed Security Screening. However, the CBSA and the CSIS are not directly involved in the immigration process.

Which department did you request your notes from? Keep in mind that notes from the IRCC can be delivered through email if that option was selected while ordering the notes. However, if the notes were ordered from CBSA and CSIS, then they usually come in the postal mail, even if a request for online delivery was made. As I mentioned above, notes should be requested from the IRCC first. After they arrive, and based on what you find in them, only then go for notes from CSIS and CBSA (which may not be detailed as well).

Thanks for the info. I initially requested it from IRCC. But because it was taking too long, I requested one from CSIS and CBSA just a few days ago. I hope that wouldn't be a problem.

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Thanks for the info. I initially requested it from IRCC. But because it was taking too long, I requested one from CSIS and CBSA just a few days ago. I hope that wouldn't be a problem.
The notes from IRCC will contain the most relevant information. When my application was delayed, I learnt through the IRCC notes that it had cleared eligibility, criminality checks, checks from other countries, medical, and that the security field was blank so at that time it showed that the application was in security screening. I then requested notes from CSIS and CBSA. The CSIS sent a letter in postal mail which just confirmed that my application was under security screening at that time but did not provide any other information. I am still waiting for my CBSA notes (although they were requested more that two months back). I hope they can give you some information about your IRCC notes in response to your email.

KHI

May 26, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I will appreciate if anyone can give me an idea about my case.

My AOR was March, 15 but I am still waiting for the PPR. I order GCMS notes in JULY and as per notes (page 3) I have passed Eligibility, Medical and Criminality, but Security field was blank.

As per notes:
program assistant: R10 ok (on March 21).
Case analyst: "Ready to finalize" on April 26.
Review Officer: "I am satisfied the applicant meets the requirements of ......" (June, 08).

On some pages, it is mentioned that security "NOT Started" and on some pages S15(1) is written.

We received this set of GCMS notes on August 10. It has been more than a month since this GCMS notes, but there is no update on the application and six months timeline is approaching.

I will appreciate if anybody can give an idea about when to expect the PPR?

Thanks,

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I will appreciate if anyone can give me an idea about my case.

My AOR was March, 15 but I am still waiting for the PPR. I order GCMS notes in JULY and as per notes (page 3) I have passed Eligibility, Medical and Criminality, but Security field was blank.

As per notes:
program assistant: R10 ok (on March 21).
Case analyst: "Ready to finalize" on April 26.
Review Officer: "I am satisfied the applicant meets the requirements of ......" (June, 08).

On some pages, it is mentioned that security "NOT Started" and on some pages S15(1) is written.

We received this set of GCMS notes on August 10. It has been more than a month since this GCMS notes, but there is no update on the application and six months timeline is approaching.

I will appreciate if anybody can give an idea about when to expect the PPR?

Thanks,
What does your ACTIVITY 1-5 ?

KHI

May 26, 2017
Activity 1 to 4 are blank. In Activity 5, Security is written. Can you please elaborate what it means?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Activity 1 to 4 are blank. In Activity 5, Security is written. Can you please elaborate what it means?
The “may” denote Security screening. These blank activities denotes your application moving between IRCC-CBSA-CSIS... for a more accurate assessment these blank activities can be ascertained from CBSA report which you can order online...

Your AoR is March 2017 or March 2018 ?

KHI

May 26, 2017
My application was submitted on March 2018. Can you please tell me where I can find CBSA link? I also wanted to share that I have recently moved to Canada on Study Permit. My study permit application was submitted on 15 Feb 2018, and PR on 15 March 2018. My SP application took 4.5 months to complete and it went through security clearance. I thought one-time security clearance would be enough, but it seems I have to go through again ...sad.. Please share CBSA link if you could do.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
My application was submitted on March 2018. Can you please tell me where I can find CBSA link? I also wanted to share that I have recently moved to Canada on Study Permit. My study permit application was submitted on 15 Feb 2018, and PR on 15 March 2018. My SP application took 4.5 months to complete and it went through security clearance. I thought one-time security clearance would be enough, but it seems I have to go through again ...sad.. Please share CBSA link if you could do.
Thru this link: http://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca... Once you click couple of pages , you move to the application request page...

Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request: Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)

Do mention in the notes that you need CBSA notes for the your PR application which is under process... If you have a spouse you can include his/her consent as well so the report will contain information both of you...
They will normally take 30 odd days to deliver... not by email by regular post in you mailbox and that too in a CD (no i am not kidding)...
every application is treated independent to your previous application.. if took time for your previous SP application does not necessarily mean the next application will be quicker... I had a WP application done in Aug 2016 which was also took 4+ months to finalize... For my PR application it is the same thing, it is taking a long time...

KHI

May 26, 2017
Thanks for your detailed response. Do you think if there could be any reason other the Security for the delay?