+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August AOR 2017

PlimPlum

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Hi EyeEye
If you have passed the 6 month mark (around 184 days) you should raise a case specific inquiry and/or write to your LVO requesting some information for the delay, I believe they are required to provide you with some kind of information.

In my case i raised a case specific inquiry after i completed my 6 months and the LVO replied in a few days asking me to check my CIC account for a message which basically had ADR and PPR.

You could additionally request GCM notes which some believes will force someone to look at your application and then hopefully start making some kind of update to your application.

I hope you hear something soon, i know how you feel. All the best and good luck.

I only had this update this week after almost 200 days since AoR
Hello SheFer92,
I have just completed 180 days since AOR. Do we need start counting from the AOR date? Should I raise CSE now? What are we supposed to write in the message?

My most recent GCMS notes (February) show no changes since last time I got GCMS notes (January). Only new information is they added my GCMS request. Apparently it didn't trigger any movement.

SheFer92

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Hello SheFer92,
I have just completed 180 days since AOR. Do we need start counting from the AOR date? Should I raise CSE now? What are we supposed to write in the message?

My most recent GCMS notes (February) show no changes since last time I got GCMS notes (January). Only new information is they added my GCMS request. Apparently it didn't trigger any movement.
Hi PlimPlum

I believe the 6 months is counted not as 180 days (6m * 30) but the date that you actually complete 6 months. i.e. for an instance my AoR is Aug 10, therefore my 6 months would have completed by Feb 10th.

If you have passed the 6 months I would suggest that you do raise a CSE. I raised one a few days after I completed my 6 months mark. I just wrote to them and asked them politely if there is a specific reason for the cause in the delay of processing my application. I don't know if this is what triggered my application to move, but I received a response for the CSE from my LVO asking me to check myCIC inbox, and it was PPR.

I hope you don't have to wait any longer and I hope you receive it soon. All the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlimPlum
Nov 2, 2017
USA
Category........
CEC
AOR : Aug 2 2017
IP2 since October
received notes and they show everything has been approved, contacted CIC and received a generic reply.
It has been almost 7 months and no clear answer.

caribbeanlife

Feb 28, 2018
AOR: Aug 25
IP2

I emailed them twice; once before passing 6months and once after. The first response was the generic response 'You file is in queue for review". The second response stated that my file is in queue for March processing and will be completed before end of March.

ray_18

May 1, 2017
AOR: Aug 25
IP2

I emailed them twice; once before passing 6months and once after. The first response was the generic response 'You file is in queue for review". The second response stated that my file is in queue for March processing and will be completed before end of March.
At least you got a time frame

au_yearbook08

Dec 29, 2016
Hello Guys, I received AOR on 30/8 and medicals passed on 15/9. I received a message in my account from Integration and Foreign Credential Referral Office as a pdf document on 25/10 with subject - "How to find a job in Canada". The message is as follows.

"Congratulations. You are now a candidate for immigration to Canada.

You should think about how you will find a job in your field if you become permanent resident. Starting now will give you and your family members the best chance at finding a job that matches your skills, qualifications and work experience.

You can research:
• areas where workers in your field are in high demand, and
• what is required for your job and similar jobs you might be interested in.

In most cases, the things you need to find a job in Canada are different than for immigrating. This means you might need a new assessment of your education, skills, work experience and/or language skills to get a job in your field. Gather your documents before you come to Canada to make the process easier. For example:
• degrees
• school transcripts
• proof of work history
• employer references, etc.

In Canada, some jobs are regulated to protect public health and safety. To work in a regulated job, you will need a licence or certificate from the regulatory body for your profession in the province or territory you want to live in.

You may need to submit certain documents, upgrade your education, and get on-the-job experience before you get a license or certificate to practice. Without a license or certificate, you will not be able to work in a regulated job in Canada. It can take time to get a license in Canada. Consider working in a related job while getting your license.

There are many other resources that can help you research how to work in your job in Canada. Check the website for the province or territory you want to live in to find out more.

If you are accepted to come to Canada, you can get free services before you come that
will help you:
• learn about life in Canada
• find a job
• take steps to get your credentials recognized and
• you will also learn about other free services available after you arrive in Canada.

There are also free services to help you adjust to life in Canada once you arrive.

Sincerely,
Integration and Foreign Credential Referral Office
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada."

I can observe that it is a general information but now a days is the CIC sends such message after 60 days of document submission? Have any of you got such message from them?

Thanks.
Hi,

I received exactly the same message yesterday. May i know if you got the answer with your post last year? Thank you very much.