+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August AOR 2017

SheFer92

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Hi

Could you let me know, in the event that I do not get my PPR by the end of 6 months since AOR, is there anything that I could do to find out what is the reason for the delay and how much further they would require to approve my application?

I'm Aug 10 AOR and I still have not received PPR.

I wrote to the LVO at the start of this month and they told me they are still processing and that they do not need any additional documents from my end.
I submitted all documents at AOR and paid fees upfront, i have not had any additional document requests and I can't really understand why they have not approved my application yet.

Just wondering what i could do to speed up the process and know where i stand.

vills

Oct 24, 2017
Hi

Could you let me know, in the event that I do not get my PPR by the end of 6 months since AOR, is there anything that I could do to find out what is the reason for the delay and how much further they would require to approve my application?

I wrote to the LVO at the start of this month and they told me they are still processing and that they do not need any additional documents from my end.
I submitted all documents at AOR and paid fees upfront, i have not had any additional document requests and I can't really understand why they have not approved my application yet.

Same scenario...

AOR Aug 2

I think still at IP1 because all status appear as
In progress and BG check not started yet.

Reactions: SheFer92

SheFer92

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Hi

One more question, how do i know i am in Security Screening (SS) ?
My GCM noted stated that my Medicals and Criminality passed and eligibility and security not started.

And security section is as follows;
SECURITY: 1
GCMS Information Request: Application
Request Identifier: A-2017-5434X
Requested Date: 11/21/2017
Created Date: 2017/08/22 23:44:30
Created By: WBMRCR
Updated Date: 2017/08/22 23:44:30
Updated By: WBMRCR
UCI #: XXXXXXX
Family Name: XXXXXX
Given Name: XXXXXXX
Type: Security
Validity Date:
Status Updated By: WBMRCR
Status Updated Date: 2017/08/22
Assigned By: WBMRCR
Assigned To:
Due Date: 2017/09/21
Activity#: 1-E1FIG1X

Highly appreciate your responses

Thanks

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Hey Guys,

I am a little confused now, whether go for Notes from CIC to know the status of my application or wait for some time more. I can see from the tracker that people with the similar AOR date as mine got the BG status updated to at least NA if not IP2. Mine seems to be stuck. Any suggestions going by the processing trend these days?

Application Details:
---------------------
CRS: 481
Category: FSW-Outland
e-AOR: Dec 18, 2017
---------------------
Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam. (DATE: Jan 4, 2018)
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. (DATE: Jan 15, 2018, FBI Submitted on Jan 14, 2018)
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks,
Sid

vills

Oct 24, 2017
Hi Guys:

Just sharing our timeline.

Received an email Final Request - Ready for Visa email today, we’re to send our Passports soon.

Timeline:
AOR 2 Aug 2017
with Spouse Dependent

Emailed CIC twice: Ottawa Case Processing Office

Status still appears as
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

No change of status since date of Police Clearance Submission. (IP1)

So just wait it out... yours will be next!!!

caleb1111

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Hi Guys:

Received an email Final Request - Ready for Visa email today, we’re to send our Passports soon.

Timeline:
AOR 2 Aug 2017
with Spouse Dependent

Status still appears as

Wow , congrats , I am Aug 2 AOR too but still in NA2 .

Cindy84

Jan 11, 2018
Hi

I think, once you pass six months, they will respond to you and let you know the reason for the delay. Keep the faith, only 2 more weeks for you.

Reactions: SheFer92

ryunsky

Mar 2, 2017
Hi Guys:

Timeline:
AOR 2 Aug 2017
with Spouse Dependent

Status still appears as

same here. AOR 9 AUG, stuck in IP1, no update

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
Hi Guys:

Timeline:
AOR 2 Aug 2017
with Spouse Dependent

Status still appears as

Even after you receive PPR your background stays in "Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

It only changes to approved when you send you passport and CIC stamps your passport and changes above status to approved.

Reactions: sidroy09

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
Hey Guys,

I am a little confused now, whether go for Notes from CIC to know the status of my application or wait for some time more. I can see from the tracker that people with the similar AOR date as mine got the BG status updated to at least NA if not IP2. Mine seems to be stuck. Any suggestions going by the processing trend these days?

Application Details:
---------------------
---------------------
Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. (DATE: Jan 15, 2018, FBI Submitted on Jan 14, 2018)
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks,
Sid
You should be patient. You have just crossed one month. Ordering GCMS notes triggers an event in their system. You want to avoid this as much as possible. Also your 6 month timeline does not start until your R!0 check is complete which may happen anytime between 1-3 months from AOR date.

Algabir

Dec 4, 2017
Hey Guys,

Application Details:
---------------------
---------------------

Thanks,
Sid
You should probably wait until the 2nd month from AOR. Or maybe even 3rd if nothing has happened by then.