+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August AOR 2017

krysonice

May 21, 2017
@andy108
Friends !!
I have a question about tax in the future.

Lets say I get my Canadian Citizenship after a few years and leave Canada to work abroad.
I will not be married or having any dependents or Property in Canada including( bank accounts, credit cards, cars, rental apartment, furniture etc)
I would have nothing at all !

I intend to work in Dubai for many years in the future after receiving citizenship.

Will I have to pay taxes in Canada at any point after leaving Canada keeping above conditions mind. I want to maintain my Canadian citizenship. (factual resident, deemed, non-resident....??? im really confused)

Does anybody know anything about it.

Please advice.

Thank you

Owlette

Oct 1, 2017
Hi Guys,

Starting thread for those who have AOR in August 2017 - please join for discussion and knowledge sharing.

There is already a watsapp/telegram groups for August AOR - please leave a request (dont share number, just a request saying: add me to watsapp) and i will send you an invite link.

Thanks!
Hello, my AOR is 28 August, I'm interested in joining the whatsapp group. Thank you

gaspar

Jun 17, 2017
I sent the documents Friday,September 22 and they got it Monday September 25. I got my Confirmation of PR Friday September 29. Landed at thousand island bridge yesterday morning. Very easy and fast doing landing at this location.

Reactions: mmf.can

rajsethi71

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Quick question. What Is involved in the IP2? when do they check the eligibility?
As far as i know, local visa officer reads comments and notes from other visa officers and it depends upon him whether to trust them and release PPR or to verify anything and then release PPR email

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
@andy108
Friends !!
I have a question about tax in the future.

Lets say I get my Canadian Citizenship after a few years and leave Canada to work abroad.
I will not be married or having any dependents or Property in Canada including( bank accounts, credit cards, cars, rental apartment, furniture etc)
I would have nothing at all !

I intend to work in Dubai for many years in the future after receiving citizenship.

Will I have to pay taxes in Canada at any point after leaving Canada keeping above conditions mind. I want to maintain my Canadian citizenship. (factual resident, deemed, non-resident....??? im really confused)

Does anybody know anything about it.

Please advice.

Thank you
hey, please see here: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/03/20/taxes-canadians-living-abroad_n_5001777.html

blackbear88

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Please find below my timeline for Express Entry:
FSW - O (applying from New Zealand) with 2 applicants / CRS: 511
ITA 2 August 2017
AOR 29 August 2017

This is what my application has been like for the last 3 weeks (!): 'your action is required' + the info below:
  • We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.
  • The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Any idea why the 'background check' hasn't started?
Or why does the 'medicals' part still not say 'medicals passed' as I have done them before AOR.

Anyone have any idea as to why my application is not progressing?

Thanks guys :)

safafatima

Feb 5, 2017
To,
The admin of the whatsapp group
can you please add me/ send me an invite? My number is 281-919-9345. My AOR is August 25th.

Thanks!

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Hi everyone, here's my timeline:

25 Aug - AOR
08 Sep - IP1
11 Sep - NA
22 Sep - IP2

Still waiting for PPR, I paid the PRPF upfront, so how much time do you guys think it's going to take? I know IP2 to PPR can take a week or a year depending on how fast your security check goes, but i'm hopeful since my application is being processed so fast.. I called CIC and the agent on the phone said I passed background and eligibility checks, now i'm just in security check "which is routine" as she said.

Thanks and good luck to everyone :)
Congrats, I hope you will get it soon. Are you inland and what stream? My AOR is Aug 20th, when I called CIC they didn't tell me if I pass the BCG and eligibility checks :(

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Guys, I need your help asap. My AOR was 10Aug.
In Personal History, they ask Have You listed all of XXX's period of military service or government positions (if any) and all the organization if XXX belongs to (if any)? I answer YES. I didn't serve any of these above services But I answer YES because I thought the question means "if you listed all your activities or not?"

When I checked my friend application, she answered Not Applicable. I don't know which one is correct (NA or YES) and I don't even remember if it had the NA option when I applied or not.

Please help advise me what should I do. I've been in NA2 since AUG 29. Thank you a lot!

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Congrats, I hope you will get it soon. Are you inland and what stream? My AOR is Aug 20th, when I called CIC they didn't tell me if I pass the BCG and eligibility checks :(
I'm FSW-Outland.
It all depends on how nice the agent you talk to is really... The lady on the phone was super nice and she personally inquired about my case and told me that I passed BCG and eligibility, there's just security now, and no one knows how long that thing takes so... fingers crossed!

Reactions: Mystico_90

aman0312

Sep 18, 2017
I'm FSW-Outland.
It all depends on how nice the agent you talk to is really... The lady on the phone was super nice and she personally inquired about my case and told me that I passed BCG and eligibility, there's just security now, and no one knows how long that thing takes so... fingers crossed!
Which number did you call? I called that 2100 number from the states, they said your location isn’t applicable shit. Do you or anyone else knows the number to call from US?
P.S. all the best man. I am in the same boat.:)