+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August AOR 2017

vw7439

Sep 23, 2017
Hey I think am in IP2.
my BCG says - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
It went from NA to this yesterday afternoon. Dunno how long will it take from here. whats your timeline?
AOR 31/8
Medical Passed 22/9
BG IP1 22/9
BG NA 26/9
BG IP2 28/9

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
I think I'm in IP2 since Sep 5th. CEC Inland. No updates.

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
But you said you had some updates in your document section.
Yes, but still it's IP2 I guess. I called today, they said they're doing BCG!

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
We have the similar timeline.

AOR/e-APR - 28 August 2017
MEP - 13 September
IP1 - 13 September
NA - 14 September
IP2 - 19 September
FSWO
No travel history.

Waiting ever since..
it's random..

I have a lot of travel history, visited many countries, and lived in different countries..

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Travel history has a very limited impact. I have an extensive travel history. My AOR on 14th August and PPR was Sep 8th. This also included an additional document request.
From whatever I have seen, it is security clearance that causes maximum delay.
do you know of any pattern? or is it all just random.. basically if you don't get ppr after ip2 anytime between 7-30 days you're in security screening, which can take months.

Rich03

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
Travel history has a very limited impact. I have an extensive travel history. My AOR on 14th August and PPR was Sep 8th. This also included an additional document request.
From whatever I have seen, it is security clearance that causes maximum delay.
Thanks, this is good to know. I've also have extensive travel history (160+ trips in 10 years) and was hoping this wouldnt impact/delay the process too much!

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
do you know of any pattern? or is it all just random.. basically if you don't get ppr after ip2 anytime between 7-30 days you're in security screening, which can take months.
Unfortunately, no pattern. Many times I think people wrongly take their status as IP2 though( it was probably IP1 ). I was guilty of this too.

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Thanks, this is good to know. I've also have extensive travel history (160+ trips in 10 years) and was hoping this wouldnt impact/delay the process too much!
I myself have worked in 4 different countries but definitely not 160+ trips. It didn't affect my application.
I also have a friend who probably has a travel history as extensive as yours. He too has a similar timeline as mine ( less than 30 days from AOR to PPR ). We both applied from different countries, so it is not about where you are applying from.
I have come around to believe that it mostly comes around to how well you document your application. Both me and my friend are kind of senior mid-level in our careers and our documentation probably was on the spot.

Rich03

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
I myself have worked in 4 different countries but definitely not 160+ trips. It didn't affect my application.
I also have a friend who probably has a travel history as extensive as yours. He too has a similar timeline as mine ( less than 30 days from AOR to PPR ). We both applied from different countries, so it is not about where you are applying from.
I have come around to believe that it mostly comes around to how well you document your application. Both me and my friend are kind of senior mid-level in our careers and our documentation probably was on the spot.
Totally agree on that, I'm in a similar situation, I've also worked in 3 different countries and mid to senior level in my career. I spent a long time on my documentation too and my LoE was very detailed as well. However, I am going down the PNP route, and as we know these are not processed as fast.

Anyway, thanks for comments. All the best!