+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

malkesh99

Feb 6, 2024
Hello everyone i submitted my file on 17 aug and passed biometric 26 October and medical on 1 November. Also received pre arrival letter on 8th December after which there is no update on final decision or passport request. Anyone in similar situation?

RamseyAmo

Feb 6, 2024
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Request
12-01-2024
Med's Done....
25-01-2024
Hey guys,
Waiting for Pre-Arrival. Hope it doesn't take months considering the average processing time for Pakistan is 12 months.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hey guys,
Waiting for Pre-Arrival. Hope it doesn't take months considering the average processing time for Pakistan is 12 months.
Though nothing is written in stone when it comes to cic, infact chaos is the norm, but usually pre arrivals comes after eligibility is changed to completed. And in many cases that doesn't happen.

But if you applied in August, seems like you'll get ur eligibility and bg competed somewhere near May/June. Hopefully earlier.

EN10

Jan 10, 2024
My MP's office called IRCC to inquire the status of my application. As of now: Security and criminality check not started and the application is still within the processing time said the VO. It's been 53 days since I received the Pre Arrival Letter. Waiting is so frustrating.

bhima01

Feb 8, 2024
August 1- application received
october 7-medical exam request
october 12-medical exam complted
november 15: Biometric request
november 28: eligibility completed
Jan 20, 2024: Background verified
Jan 24: passport request
Jan 31: passport submitted vFs new delhi Ircc.
how long does it takes to stamped the visa and get back?

Canaspirant_007

Mar 31, 2020
Approx a week.
Congratulations, do you know which VO processed your application?

SunshineV

Feb 2, 2024
Does anyone have any experience or heard of Spousal applications being processed in Ottawa International Relations (IR) Virtual office? I understand that it's a Virtual Office that is completely different from CPC Ottawa.

Aadhillon

Oct 10, 2023
Congratulations.
OUR TIMELINE SO FAR:
Application submitted- August 17
AOR- October 17
Biometrics request- Nov 22
Medical request- Nov 23
Medical exam- Nov 25
Medical passed- Dec 1
Eligibility and background- still shows in progress

Reactions: Canaspirant_007

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
My MP's office called IRCC to inquire the status of my application. As of now: Security and criminality check not started and the application is still within the processing time said the VO. It's been 53 days since I received the Pre Arrival Letter. Waiting is so frustrating.
Too early to be frustrated or to bother contacting MP.

You applied at end of August 2023, not much more than 5 months ago. Posted processing time is 12 months. You will probably come in under that, but maybe not by a lot. We applied from Phils in late Nov./22 and got PPR in mid-Oct./23. I was rep for another couple, married in Phils at same time, and they got PPR in just over 9 months from Dec./22 application date. If you get there in 9-10 months, not much to complain about. But, I agree, the waiting is a pain. Best simply to resign oneself to it from the start.

You will almost certainly be able to get your wife here next summer. We had hopes for that. Instead, my wife got here in mid-December, about the worst weather month one can pick. I went to the Phils. in mid-Nov./23 and offered that we could stay there until springtime in Canada, but she did not want to delay, maybe worried that IRCC would have a change of heart, given our track record of 3 TRV refusals. They certainly seemed determined to keep her out for a long time.

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Hello Everyone, I helped a family member with their PR application which was filed in August. They received their PR last week. This forum was godsend when i was trying to figure out various application forms. I do not have control over their account logins so can not provide the exact dates etc, but it was something like medical and bio-metrics in November, and email to submit passport in January.

Bean001

Jan 6, 2024
Update February 10th
February 9th: P2 (I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or not but they sent P2 the day I told them I will be back in Canada)
February 9th: Submitted photo and address
eCOPR: Waiting.
VO: Etobicoke
February 9th: Also declared my status in Canada

Feb 14, 2024
Hi everyone,

Timeline for my husband who lives in UAE (indian citizen):
Application submitted: 11 Aug 2023
AOR: 10 Oct 2023
Biometrics and Medical request: End of Oct 2023 and completed 3 Nov 2023
Eligibility Completed and pre-arrival email: 5 Dec 2023
No updates for 2 months, and background check showed 'In Progress'
Background check completed, COPR number appeared on tracker and passport request email received: 14 Feb 2024

Visa Office: Sydney, Nova Scotia and then changed to Abu Dhabi

Wishing good luck to everyone!

Last edited: