August 2023 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Application Submitted: August 10th, 2023
Inland
Sponsor: Canadian PR
AOR: September 26th
Additional Document Request: September 25th. Original PCC, not translation. This request is odd because I sent the original with my application and no translation was needed because it was sent in french from Embassy.

Last edited:

warda munawwar

Aug 2, 2023
Your spouse got TRV without AOR? Or may be AOR was never sent to you, but issued in the system?
In either case, that's really amazing. could you pls share some info for the rest of us. When did you apply for TRV and what date you got it? and which office?
Can I apply for TRV without getting AOR? Just reaffirming! As an outland applicant and applied in August 2023.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Can I apply for TRV without getting AOR? Just reaffirming! As an outland applicant and applied in August 2023.
you can, no ones stopping you from doing that. But honestly, these days, what I have seen on this forum, even if you wait for AOR and SA - and then apply - even then there is no hope. However, there is a silver lining to all this. It seems, CIC is not giving out TRVs anymore, instead its processing your Spousal Pr applications at the rate of 5-6 months. There are few cases which i have noticed in the past 2-3 days.

Reactions: warda munawwar

Harshree

Aug 21, 2023
Hi All, please update all your application details in this tracker excel sheet. This way we can Track and share updates for all August 2023 applications https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=1499991486
I already replied to your thread. For future reference here is the link: https://chat.whatsapp.com/LHms7MYTVDK3Ps0H2aplw6
perfect, thank you! is there one for TRV applications after spousal sponsorship?

warda munawwar

Aug 2, 2023
you can, no ones stopping you from doing that. But honestly, these days, what I have seen on this forum, even if you wait for AOR and SA - and then apply - even then there is no hope. However, there is a silver lining to all this. It seems, CIC is not giving out TRVs anymore, instead its processing your Spousal Pr applications at the rate of 5-6 months. There are few cases which i have noticed in the past 2-3 days.
thank you!

warda munawwar

Aug 2, 2023
I just have one more question. They ask for AOR as a required document to be uploaded on the official website Canada. The line below said to be uploaded, so how can I apply for TRV before getting an AOR? as an outland spouse?

upload the AOR that shows that the permanent residence application is complete

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I just have one more question. They ask for AOR as a required document to be uploaded on the official website Canada. The line below said to be uploaded, so how can I apply for TRV before getting an AOR? as an outland spouse?

Good catch!!! ...totally forgot about that one.
So how come the ones who claim here that they applied for TRV without AOR already got it?

Reactions: warda munawwar

Ahmedgull

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017

Good catch!!! ...totally forgot about that one.
So how come the ones who claim here that they applied for TRV without AOR already got it?
I applied through IRCC portal and it doesnt ask for any AOR to be uploaded there. They ask for UCI if known, and technically UCI is the one you get with AOR. I left it blank. Thats why I was telling people to start application first and then come up with valid questions.

JSOL1

Sep 21, 2023

Can you help me find this web page? I searched endlessly. Finally I pieced together that you need AOR to apply for an OWP but not necessarily to apply for TRV. We sent in the TRV application and crossed our fingers! I called immigration today for something unrelated (two UCI #'s given) and he confirmed you do not need AOR to apply for TRV. On the other hand, I have heard that the help line sometimes is as confused as us regular folk.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Can you help me find this web page? I searched endlessly. Finally I pieced together that you need AOR to apply for an OWP but not necessarily to apply for TRV. We sent in the TRV application and crossed our fingers! I called immigration today for something unrelated (two UCI #'s given) and he confirmed you do not need AOR to apply for TRV. On the other hand, I have heard that the help line sometimes is as confused as us regular folk.
You applied for TRV - and you are also spousal PR applicant? Could you please share when you applied, from where and if you already got it?

To apply for a TRV generally - yes AOR is not required.
As per CIC family reunion program, for spouses to get to Canada quickly, a PR application had to pass certain stages to be considered for quick TRV. but all those rules and policies seem to be discarded already - as for most TRV applicants, except a rare few, 60 day TRV processing timeline has passed. Hence, I dont think that now AOR, SA or anything matters. It seems CIC has shifted its focus and is processing applications faster - within 5-7months these days - and perhaps they are forgoing TRV requests and focusing on Spousal PRs - which is not a bad thing if they maintain Spousal PR processing timelines as 5-7months for most applicants.

Reactions: yasoso

Ahmedgull

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
You applied for TRV - and you are also spousal PR applicant? Could you please share when you applied, from where and if you already got it?

To apply for a TRV generally - yes AOR is not required.
As per CIC family reunion program, for spouses to get to Canada quickly, a PR application had to pass certain stages to be considered for quick TRV. but all those rules and policies seem to be discarded already - as for most TRV applicants, except a rare few, 60 day TRV processing timeline has passed. Hence, I dont think that now AOR, SA or anything matters. It seems CIC has shifted its focus and is processing applications faster - within 5-7months these days - and perhaps they are forgoing TRV requests and focusing on Spousal PRs - which is not a bad thing if they maintain Spousal PR processing timelines as 5-7months for most applicants.
No, I still know many people who have been waiting for pretty close to 3 years. And most of the applications are still being processed in 11 12 months.