Eligibility:
Biometrics:
Medical:
Background check:
Final decision:

Litoh

Aug 12, 2023
Hi,
I have a question my friend wants to sponsor her husband and child but the problem is she didn’t declare them when applying for her PR. She got married after her PR was approved though she already had a child with the man before they got married…..: can she sponsor them?

syd1826

Aug 12, 2023
hi,
im preparing all the requirements for spousal sponsorship, im still new here in canada been here for a year as a permanent resident, just wanna ask about the translation for proof of contact, since im from philippines me and my wife always use mother tongue but some words are english sometimes, is there any other alternative other than conversations? because getting a certified translator is very pricy. is it ok to submit screenshots of videocall? we’re married last april 14 2023 and we have a 2 year old child, been living together for about 3 years back in the philippines but we don’t have joint accounts or any house bills because we lived in my aunt’s house and due to we’re still young we have no idea about those things, can someone help me and give some advice thankyou so much in advance

engr.zuhair

Oct 4, 2020
Hey All!,

Application Submitted: August 16, 2023
Type: Outland/ Family Class
Sponsor Status: PR
PA: Spouse + 1 Dependent

bikkil

Jul 16, 2020
Hi guys

I need help answering this question. I am a Canadian citizen and plan to get married in October (so I am still single). I plan to sponsor my wife-to-be right after our wedding.
  1. Do I need to get AOR before applying for TRV visa?
  2. If I don't need to get AOR before applying for TRV visa, how does this new TRV visa system (processed within 30 days) work? I mean does she apply for TRV as someone who has a spousal sponsorship application under processing? What reason should my she mention to visit Canada? Isn't obvious that this TRV application will be rejected? Any help on this second question is appreciated.

engr.zuhair

Oct 4, 2020
Hi guys

I need help answering this question. I am a Canadian citizen and plan to get married in October (so I am still single). I plan to sponsor my wife-to-be right after our wedding.
  2. If I don't need to get AOR before applying for TRV visa, how does this new TRV visa system (processed within 30 days) work? I mean does she apply for TRV as someone who has a spousal sponsorship application under processing? What reason should my she mention to visit Canada? Isn't obvious that this TRV application will be rejected? Any help on this second question is appreciated.
Hey, I'm also planning to apply for TRV for my spouse and my kid before AOR. I'm preparing paper work these days and also trying to gather as much information as I can. As for your questions,

1. Technically speaking you don't need AOR and/or any PR application proof to apply for TRV.

2. I'm not sure what are the chances of getting the visa, but at this stage without AOR, my take is that one should go for TRV application with strong and solid documentation that is required for a TRV in general. Reason to visit Canada could be to have any event together, or to celebrate anything, sightseeing etc, but to justify all that, there should be good proof of return. This proof ideally includes, (i) strong financial ties at home country, (ii) employment of applicant in home country, (iii) proof of previous international travels (tourism related). (iv) family ties at home (which for obvious reason, is not possible for spousal TRV, so we can't really satisfy this one).

Having mentioned all that, this is based on my understanding and personal take on the official information. It'll be helpful if someone with a first hand experience can weigh in on it. If you come across any info, please do share. I'm planning to apply in early September, unless I find solid reason not to do this before AOR.

mkau_90

Jun 19, 2023
Hey i am
canadian citizen sponsoring my husband who is in states
Application Submitted Aug 2022
Bimetrics, medical & interview done
Eligibility completed, Pre arrival recieved
but background is still in progress
no Update yet

Ahmedgull

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Hi guys

I applied without AOR and got it