+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Paddyj66

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
So Yesterday i got a request for info and documents as the sponsor. They requested 5 things:

1. List of absences from Canada from date of document submission (8th august 2024)
2. Option c printout (tax return)
3. employment letter
4. rental agreement
5. Drivers licence

I have all the documents and have sent IRCC all of them as requested. I was in UK for 21 days during this period. My question is, why the long list of more document requests?

Im a UK citizen with 6 years of working history in Canada, living in Canada waiting for my partner to come hopefully in the summer with a valid work visa, wondering why i've been given the Spanish inquisition.

I suppose its a good sign that the file is being looked at.

AOR 10/08/2023
Sponsor approval 10/10/2023

Reactions: agentorange_

warda munawwar

Aug 2, 2023
Applied on 18 August, and I got SA on 24th October 2023 and haven't heard anything for more than 4 months. Should I worry? The background check-in process in the new tracker. No bio or med request yet. I don't know what's taking so long for the background check. :oops:

Aadhillon

Oct 10, 2023
Applied on 18 August, and I got SA on 24th October 2023 and haven't heard anything for more than 4 months. Should I worry? The background check-in process in the new tracker. No bio or med request yet. I don't know what's taking so long for the background check. :oops:
Don't worry ..we all are in same boat. Its been 3 months since waiting but haven't heard anything from ircc yet after medical passed.

Reactions: warda munawwar

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
So Yesterday i got a request for info and documents as the sponsor. They requested 5 things:

1. List of absences from Canada from date of document submission (8th august 2024)
2. Option c printout (tax return)
3. employment letter
4. rental agreement
5. Drivers licence

I have all the documents and have sent IRCC all of them as requested. I was in UK for 21 days during this period. My question is, why the long list of more document requests?

Im a UK citizen with 6 years of working history in Canada, living in Canada waiting for my partner to come hopefully in the summer with a valid work visa, wondering why i've been given the Spanish inquisition.

I suppose its a good sign that the file is being looked at.

AOR 10/08/2023
Sponsor approval 10/10/2023
Yeah I agree that is such a peculiar list of requirements and so long. What is your VO? anything special about your case?

Paddyj66

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Yeah I agree that is such a peculiar list of requirements and so long. What is your VO? anything special about your case?
Nothing special. I'm a UK national, been living in Canada 6 years, infrequently though. Sydney is my VO. I wasn't in Canada for about 20 days of the requested dates. They did say they'd make a decision after receiving these documents so we will see I'm sure.

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
Can u please tell me when will your backgroud checking completed??
Out timeline is

Aug 16 - submitted application
Oct 24 - AOR
Nov 16 - BIL (completed)
Nov 17 - Medical request
Dec 7 - Medical completed
Dec 29 - Eligibility completed
Dec 30 - Invitation to Pre-Arrival services
Feb 2 - Background verification completed
Feb 5 - PPR
Feb 13 - Passport submitted
Feb 14 - Passport under process
Mar 7 - Application approved

PP yet to be dispatched. Application is closed in the tracker as well.

Raunak834

Oct 25, 2023
Out timeline is

Aug 16 - submitted application
Oct 24 - AOR
Nov 16 - BIL (completed)
Nov 17 - Medical request
Dec 7 - Medical completed
Dec 29 - Eligibility completed
Dec 30 - Invitation to Pre-Arrival services
Feb 2 - Background verification completed
Feb 5 - PPR
Feb 13 - Passport submitted
Feb 14 - Passport under process
Mar 7 - Application approved

PP yet to be dispatched. Application is closed in the tracker as well.
Thnkuu