+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

D_Grendayzer

Oct 10, 2023
We got our Case notes today:

I noticed for my wife they noted down COR as Scotland, while it should have been The Netherlands. her background check is still in progress while mine is complete.

Do you think this might be the reason why her background check is not complete? is there a way to communicate this to IRCC? Thank you.

LuckyAngelSweety

Aug 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know its frustrating , My application is routine too with clean history , I travelled out couple of times and provided all information needed , i don't know what's holding the file back , I am curious to know the reason now , They don't even contact if they need some docs .

Anyways I will order GCMS notes and will reach out to local MP . They helped with status updates in the past.
GCMS is not any faster. You get the response in 1.1 month.

dubbyv

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
We got our Case notes today:

I noticed for my wife they noted down COR as Scotland, while it should have been The Netherlands. her background check is still in progress while mine is complete.

Do you think this might be the reason why her background check is not complete? is there a way to communicate this to IRCC? Thank you.
This is a non-issue. To me, It looks like it's a GCMS bug that auto-populates it. I have seen this happening to multiple people wherein the CoR was incorrect, rather it was one of the countries they last traveled to or put the info in the immigration status history. I don't think you need to worry about it.

Reactions: D_Grendayzer

D_Grendayzer

Oct 10, 2023
This is a non-issue. To me, It looks like it's a GCMS bug that auto-populates it. I have seen this happening to multiple people wherein the CoR was incorrect, rather it was one of the countries they last traveled to or put the info in the immigration status history. I don't think you need to worry about it.
Thank you

Solid_Rock

Star Member
Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
I got my notes today:
1) good luck understanding them
2) it wont show reason of delay
I applied for mine to know if they transferred my file to another geographical location. Well, I guess they didn't, following the tracker and timelines. The oath ceremony email should show this too. I have called IRCC too many times regarding my address change. I guess I will let them rest for now :(