+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Pinkpinkpinkpink

Dec 15, 2023
My citizenship application moved pretty fast until LPP completion, which makes it even more frustrating, because being stuck on LPP is not just IRCC's thing, they need to contact external agencies, CBSA, CRA, etc.

...But failing to schedule an oath in a timely way is 100% IRCC's incompetence and failure to come up with a better system to organize oath ceremonies, which becomes obvious when some people get oath invites within days of completing LPP and others have to wait for months. I haven't been waiting for that long, but some folks have been waiting like this since July.
Hey Frisk! Many of us have invested in your timeline! I see september tracker as well and I know you have been waiting for long!! Have you tried sending them an email or something. I have seen some people doing that here (the ircc email from which we get the test invite or something)!? Anyways good luck to you and hopefully you will hear something very soon

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Hey Frisk! Many of us have invested in your timeline! I see september tracker as well and I know you have been waiting for long!! Have you tried sending them an email or something. I have seen some people doing that here (the ircc email from which we get the test invite or something)!? Anyways good luck to you and hopefully you will hear something very soon
- I tried calling and they just told me to be patient and wait, since my application is within normal processing times.

- I also tried emailing my processing office's oath scheduling email and they never got back to me.

- I've ordered GCMS notes twice. First set I got a month and a half after LPP, the other I ordered last week and I'm still waiting to get them back

My application is within normal processing times, so most attempts I make to contact IRCC will be met with a "be patient" or something along those lines. I have to wait. Waiting sucks, but this is also possibly my last time dealing with IRCC, other than occasional passport renewals.

But yeah, IRCC needs to change, it seems very chaotic how they are processing applications and some transparency would be very, very welcome.

xyzxyz

Jan 19, 2024
Thought would share my timeline to return the help I'm getting from the forum.

Office: Scarborough
Type: Online Citizenship Application
Size: 1 Person
Application Sent: August 12, 2023
AOR: September 15, 2023
Citizenship Test Completed: October 18, 2023
Fingerprints Received: October 19, 2023
Background Verification Completed: October 20, 2023
LPP : In Progress as of October 20, 2023

There was tracker GU on October 27, 2023.

No update since then!

KOKO 88

Feb 10, 2019
Hello all
I applied for citizenship on Aug 06, 2023
On October 11, 2023, I was requested to have a fingerprint, I did it the same day
On November 03, 2023 I make the exam It appeared to me complete. But Background verification still in progress, Note that in the Application history It appeared to me that they received it on October 30 but it has not been completed yet
It’s normal ??

Sywaseem

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Hello all
I applied for citizenship on Aug 06, 2023
On October 11, 2023, I was requested to have a fingerprint, I did it the same day
On November 03, 2023 I make the exam It appeared to me complete. But Background verification still in progress, Note that in the Application history It appeared to me that they received it on October 30 but it has not been completed yet
It’s normal ??
I am the same. Applied on Aug 21, FP done but background still in progress.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Good morning y'all!

I'm thrilled to announce that I'm officially in week 12 post-LPP with no oath in sight! With IRCC and waiting times, only sky is the limit T_T

I don't expect to get oath updates anytime soon, but I hope to get my updated GCMS notes sometime this week and see where my file is and what's going on.

LuckyAngelSweety

Aug 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My GCMS notes assessment
KNOWLEDGE : Passed
Language : Not Started
Residence : Not Started
Prohibition : Not Started
Criminality : Passed
Oath : Not Started
Discretionary Grant : N

does someone know if Criminality map to background on the tracker ? I see Background and LPP in progress since ever.

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
My GCMS notes assessment

does someone know if Criminality map to background on the tracker ? I see Background and LPP in progress since ever.
how long does it take to get the GCMS notes now a days ? is it same 4 weeks or one month ?

LuckyAngelSweety

Aug 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how long does it take to get the GCMS notes now a days ? is it same 4 weeks or one month ?
I applied on 14th Dec and received the details on 18th Jan. However, there is no extra information except the Criminality is mentioned as "Passed" not sure if it is a mapping field to Background check (this is still in progress on tracker).

Reactions: Zay11

dubbyv

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
My GCMS notes assessment

I believe BG comprises multiple things Criminality is one of them.

also, what do you see on the paper file location in the notes?

should look something like this

E-Grant Review Ready PM01

Solid_Rock

Star Member
Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
I applied on 14th Dec and received the details on 18th Jan. However, there is no extra information except the Criminality is mentioned as "Passed" not sure if it is a mapping field to Background check (this is still in progress on tracker).
I would think so if background check is completed already.

Bestforme

Jun 24, 2020
Hello People,

Background -completed Nov 28
Language- completed- Dec 7
Physically presence-completed Dec 7

ONLY
Prohibition- in progress (updated Dec 9)

If l am applying for GCMS notes, in the question "Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request" please which department should l select? is it IRCC, CBSA OR CSIS. I have read from this forum that Prohibition is partly CBSA/RICC. Please help. Thank you.

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Hello People,

Background -completed Nov 28
Language- completed- Dec 7
Physically presence-completed Dec 7

ONLY
Prohibition- in progress (updated Dec 9)

If l am applying for GCMS notes, in the question "Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request" please which department should l select? is it IRCC, CBSA OR CSIS. I have read from this forum that Prohibition is partly CBSA/RICC. Please help. Thank you.
If it is about prohibitions you won't get anything useful, but IRCC and CBSA notes are almost the same. just formatted a little differently. the only thing CBSA notes provided me was the laws they redacted the information with. In my IRCC notes it was 21 and 22, and in CBSA notes it was 19, 21, and 22, but everything else was the same. I also asked for my CSIS notes but they completed their checks long time ago, so it was no use as well. You can check out my signature for prohibition related threads.

Reactions: Bestforme