August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Solid_Rock

Star Member
Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
Scarborough office tracker (Please add or update your timeline):
Kumr - Submitted: Aug 3, AOR: Sep 11, Citizenship test: Oct 10 - LPP: Jan 4, 2024 - Oath scheduled
mitsalex - Submitted: Aug 3, AOR: Sep 11, BG: XXX XX, Citizenship test: Oct 10 - LPP: Jan 9, 2024 - Oath scheduled
mithra_poreddy - Submitted: Aug 7, AOR: Sep 28, BG: Oct 10, Citizenship test: Oct 23 - LPP: Jan 10, 2024 - Oath scheduled on Feb 20, 2024.
Islander216 - Submitted: Aug 8, AOR: Sep 14, BG: Oct 9, Citizenship test: Oct 30 - LPP: Jan 4, 2024 - Oath scheduled

iamalazyperson - Submitted: Aug 9, AOR: Sep 14, BG: Oct 30, Citizenship test: Oct 28 - LPP outstanding
RP21 - Submitted: Aug 13, AOR: Sep 18, BG: Sep 26, Citizenship test: Oct 25 - LPP: Jan 10, 2024 - Oath scheduled for 15 Feb,2024
Prakhyyy - Submitted: Aug 20, AOR: Sep 22, BG: Oct 11, Citizenship test: Oct 25 - LPP outstanding
shopniip - Submitted: Aug 15, AOR: Sept 19. BG: Oct 12, Citizenship Test: Oct 30- LPP : Jan 11, 2024, -Oath not scheduled
Solid_Rock - Submitted Aug 17, AOR: Sept 22. BG: Oct 04, Citizenship Test: Oct 19 - LPP outstanding
Sywaseem - Submitted: Aug 21, AOR: Oct 5, BG: Outstanding, Citizenship test: Oct 30 - LPP outstanding
SBU - Submitted: Aug 22 AOR: Sep 27, BG: Oct 11, Citizenship test: Oct 20 - LPP outstanding
ExpressCandidateprofile - Submitted: Aug 24, AOR: Sep 26, BG: Nov 7, Citizenship test: Oct 27 - LPP outstanding
IT_VE_CA - Submitted: Aug 24, AOR: Sep 27, BG: Oct 6, Citizenship test: Oct 20 - LPP outstanding
D_Grendayzer: Submitted: Aug 26, AOR Oct 12, BG: XXX XX, Citizenship test: Nov 8 - LPP outstanding
ggupta2802 - Submitted: Aug 28, AOR: Oct 6, BG: Oct 17, Citizenship test: Nov 18 - LPP outstanding
LuckyAngelSweety - Submitted: Aug 30, AOR: Oct 19, BG: In Progress, Citizenship test: Nov 13, LPP -In Progress
Manny2 - Submitted: Sept 5, AOR: Oct 16, BG: Oct 26, Citizenship test: Nov 8 - LPP outstanding

Solid_Rock

Star Member
Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
I have a question, I used to live in Scarborough when I filed my application. I moved out a few days after my test was completed to another city, still within Ontario, but outside of the GTA. I called IRCC to update my address to the current location. The last time I called to confirm the status of the address change, I was told that a file transfer will happen as I am no longer within the GTA.
Whether the file transfer will happen is up to the officer handling my application at the Scarborough office, according to what I read online. Has anybody had the experience of file transfer to another geographical location? I moved to Hamilton and I really want them to just complete the process, as transferring the file might cause unnecessary delay in processing my application.
Any thoughts on this, especially with someone who has had this experience?

My timeline (already added in tracker)
Submitted online - Aug 17
AOR - Sept 22
Background completed - Oct 04
Citizenship Test - scheduled Oct 13 - Nov 2
Test completed - Oct 18 and updated Oct 19
LPP outstanding - In progress
Citizenship Ceremony - Not started

Last edited:

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I have a question, I used to live in Scarborough when I filed my application. I moved out a few days after my test was completed to another city, still within Ontario, but outside of the GTA. I called IRCC to update my address to the current location. The last time I called to confirm the status of the address change, I was told that a file transfer will happen as I am no longer within the GTA.
Whether the file transfer will happen is up to the officer handling my application at the Scarborough office, according to what I read online. Has anybody had the experience of file transfer to another geographical location? I moved to Hamilton and I really want them to just complete the process, as transferring the file might cause unnecessary delay in processing my application.
Any thoughts on this, especially with someone who has had this experience?

My timeline (already added in tracker)
Submitted online - Aug 17
AOR - Sept 22
Background completed - Oct 04
Citizenship Test - scheduled Oct 13 - Nov 2
Test completed - Oct 18 and updated Oct 19
LPP outstanding - In progress
Citizenship Ceremony - Not started
I'd advise you to get your GCMS notes, that way, you'll see where your file is, since when and if anything, you can go to your processing office's megathread to get a better idea of processing times in that office in particular. IME, it's $5 well spent.

My file for example was in Mississauga, which makes sense since it's likely the closest office to where I live. However, in the notes I found out that my file had 2 secondary offices AND that it was being transferred to another office.

D_Grendayzer

Oct 10, 2023
I'd advise you to get your GCMS notes, that way, you'll see where your file is, since when and if anything, you can go to your processing office's megathread to get a better idea of processing times in that office in particular. IME, it's $5 well spent.

My file for example was in Mississauga, which makes sense since it's likely the closest office to where I live. However, in the notes I found out that my file had 2 secondary offices AND that it was being transferred to another office.
HI, What does it mean it had 2 secondary offices? we live in Niagra and our file in Scarborough we asked for the notes still waiting for them. how long did it take before they answered your query?
thanks

Solid_Rock

Star Member
Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other

Thank you Frisk!
Is there a reason your file was transferred? Did you move to a new address?
The way IRCC operate is weird, I have a friend who applied in Ottawa and his file was processed by the Niagra office, very fast processing. He received AOR in November and Oath has already been scheduled for January 17.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Thank you Frisk!
Is there a reason your file was transferred? Did you move to a new address?
The way IRCC operate is weird, I have a friend who applied in Ottawa and his file was processed by the Niagra office, very fast processing. He received AOR in November and Oath has already been scheduled for January 17.
In the GMCS notes it appeared as "workload redistribution", which I guess means they had a heavy workload and some files got transferred to another office. I didn't move or anything. I just wanted to point out they can transfer your file for any reason...or none in particular!

HI, What does it mean it had 2 secondary offices? we live in Niagra and our file in Scarborough we asked for the notes still waiting for them. how long did it take before they answered your query?
thanks
My primary office was Mississauga, but my secondary office was Sydney AND GTA Central (or something like that). They might process different parts of the application in different offices, so that's my guess on why when I got my notes I had in total 3 different offices listed.

My notes took around 10 days in early December, just ordered a 2nd set a few days ago.

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023

Use the privacy act option and it is free. Remember, if it is your OWN data, you are entitled to see it and can do it with privacy act for free, if it is about government, then you have to use the 5 dollar option. They give the same document.

D_Grendayzer

Oct 10, 2023
In the GMCS notes it appeared as "workload redistribution", which I guess means they had a heavy workload and some files got transferred to another office. I didn't move or anything. I just wanted to point out they can transfer your file for any reason...or none in particular!

My primary office was Mississauga, but my secondary office was Sydney AND GTA Central (or something like that). They might process different parts of the application in different offices, so that's my guess on why when I got my notes I had in total 3 different offices listed.

My notes took around 10 days in early December, just ordered a 2nd set a few days ago.
My wife and I submitted request for the notes on Jan4 still waiting

Tati1312

Oct 4, 2023
Hi all,

Scarborough applicant.

over 55 so don’t need language or test

applied Aug 15
AoR Sep 19
BG check October 5
Physical presence and Prohibitions completed Jan 10
Language in progress and Test Not Started

does anyone know if these will stay in progress and not started until oath or what the next step would be for me since I’m over 55?
The same boat.
we are 54+. We had interview Dec 08. Were updated PhP and Prohibitions ONLY. Language STILL in progress(((

Smshukh

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Oath scheduled for 13th feb, still waiting on the email. 10days passed since tracker updated with oath date. Anyone else in the same boat? Is i normal to get the email so late?